Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Marotta has improved a bit,in some sectors,
he still has a strength at free agents, but he must improve his greatest weakness,
Prioritize and decent sales. Aproach established finishers like Rossi, Falcao, Rvp, Dzeko, Higuain etc, is smth that will never accomplish.
So at least i expect him to improve at selling and acquiring priority targets. He has shown some signs if improvement at sales with Ogbonna, but still has a lot to learn, he should better start by stop selling of our youngsters and stop releasing for free players like Llorente.
For prioritization, he has a long road to make, as he still favors quantity over quality,we lose to much, oney amd time on squad players and fail to get the starters we need.
What?

Mandzukic over every single one of those players, aside from maybe Higuain. This isn't 2011, Cronios.

Mandzukic scored 20 goals last year.
Van Persie scored 12 goals last year.
Dzeko scored 7 goals last year.
Falcao scored 6 goals last year.
Rossi scored 0 goals last year.

Mandzukic is clearly an established finisher. One of only 11 players in the big 4 leagues (+ France), to have scored 20 plus goals in each of the last 3 seasons.

He also has scored 2 goals this year in less minutes than Dzeko has taken to score 1. Including a Champion's League goal and a cup final goal.

Our forwards are the least of our worries. We have one of the best established strikers in Serie A in Mandzukic, only Higuain could be placed on the same level for consistent scoring over the last few years. And we have two of the best young attackers in Serie A in Morata and Dybala.

Marotta has done a brilliant job in signing attacking players, aside from the Trequartista position. And let's be honest, that only became a need a year ago. It's not like we've gone 3 years with Marotta unable to find a good treq... Conte never wanted to play a formation that used one.

With our limited resources, he's done a brilliant job over the years. This is the first summer one could say the mercato was a mess. It was. But even so, we signed some fantastic players, in Sandro, Cuadadro, Dybala, Mandzukic, and Lemina. Fuck. I can't even remember the last time Juve signed such quality in a single mercato. The stupid loss of Vidal, and the mess of a trequartista search was all that stops this summer from having been a great one. Hence the reason I rated it a 5. But it has the potential to develop into a fantastic one long-term.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You think a squad that won twice after near two months is stronger? We rejuvenated, but they have to show it ON the pitch they are worth a damn in consistent basis. We lost huge players that carried us, until proven otherwise where it matters (results), losing from the squad means we are weaker, not stronger.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You think a squad that won twice after near two months is stronger? We rejuvenated, but they have to show it ON the pitch they are worth a damn in consistent basis. We lost huge players that carried us, until proven otherwise where it matters (results), losing from the squad means we are weaker, not stronger.
:agree:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
FFS we are having an utterly unacceptable season in the league, the last thing we should be talking about right now is how stronger we are...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
FFS we are having an utterly unacceptable season in the league, the last thing we should be talking about right now is how stronger we are...
Mercato was a bit of a mess due to sales, preseason injuries were abysmal, Pogba completely failed to show leadership without beeing carried by experienced players, and a fair share of bad luck.

See where Lazio is at the moment ? With a team that had fewer injuries, we easely won the supercoppa against them.

Are we weaker then the quality we showcased at the end of the season ? Offcourse. Most consistant midfielder injured, a defensively rejuvinated vidal gone, and our top5 forward gone.

Are we as good when all players return to fitness and form ? No, we are not.

Can we become as good when the young players improve and pogba grows a fucking pair ? Maybe

Does this team has the potential to become superior to last seasons team, in a non specified time in the future ? Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing tho. No matter how well we would have "organised" our mercato or preseason

We'd allways be weaker now, after losing tevez and vidal

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Another doubter.

I remember the likes of you doubting our mercato last year, and doubting Allegri when he joined.

He who laughs last laughs best, X.

- - - Updated - - -

My man

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck it, I'll quote you again.

Why not? I already said that our overall STARTING ELEVEN is weaker, but our squad (you know what that word means, right?) is definitely stronger and more improved. How do you even doubt that?

Wow, we are having a rough patch to this season. Shock horror, after signing 10 new players FFS. Wait til everyone is settled in. This team is stronger overall and has massive potential. Obviously our biggest loss (by a mile) is Tevez, but I've repeatedly said on here that he was our biggest loss.

- - - Updated - - -

And what does this have to do with Marotta? Getting them to click on the pitch is Allegri's job and the players also need to stand up and be counted. My point (which has clearly gone over your head) is that after all the bullshit the management copped off the fans over the summer, Marotta and co CLEARLY provided Allegri with very good players in almost every position on the field. Our shitty start the season has a lot more to do with a disgraefully planned pre-season injuries and poor form to our best player(s), whilst bedding in a whole bunch of new guys. Or do you seriously think teams like Chievo, Udinese and Frosinone have equal/better players than us? (going by your logic about our start to the season)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
:lol: a squad that has one distributor and one SS is better than our CL finalist squad

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree.

This isnt a case of improving, its a case of phylosophy.

Most clubs with decent finances go for prioritization. Meaning they usually get the type of player they need, but plenty of times spend well to much on it.

Marotta and our entire staff, have a different method. We look for market opportunities, that could improve the team, that are financially interesting. Priority has had its role, but in different ways, and was always inferior to the idea of buying improvements at the right price. The first 3 seasons, we looked to lower age and get the quality we could manage, despite having it very difficult attracting players. In 2013 we changed to priority to "forwards", but we didnt really look for specific type of players. From 2014 onwards, we had a stacked team, and set the priority to young potentials. Again, this priority is inferior to the idea of buying at the right price.

Marotta's phylosophy got us where we are. We could debate wether making playertype priority more important then buying at the right price is a better solution, yes.

But we cant say that Marotta needs to improve in that regard, because its a different phylosophy.
Its not a matter of "phylosophy". Signing all kinds of good players that we don't need for free when there are positions that must be filled much more urgently (especially in light of your best players leaving) is retarded. you dont leave the squad with one regista and one SS (who is also a youngster) when these positions are the most essential to the functioning of the rest of the team.

Freebies and opportunities are nice.. but they should not be done for their own sake. If you are happy with opportunity signings without a coherent strategy you'd enjoy Galliani.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)