Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Isn't that the same CL finalist squad, that you said was lucky and blessed to make the final, and only because it played the likes Monaco, Borussia and Olympiakos? And wasnt actually that great? Yes?

And its funny how 2/3 of the major players that left us were pretty ordinary in the CL for the most part last season. And the "dud signingss" like Evra, Pereyra and Morata were amongst the best (along with our amazing defence)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
All this hatred of Marotta and his staff and yet we definitely have a stronger squad overall than we did last season.
It is definitely better as a whole, not debatable at all.
Surely you guys mean that it might be better in two, three years time? It was obvious that we needed to rejuvenate, but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would claim that this team is stronger right now.. We were damn near unbeatable last year.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i've said it before, and i'm sticking to it even if we win the scudetto again (which is unfortunately highly unlikely to happen):
- compared to last season, our defensive lineup looked stronger a month ago. getting rid of ogbonna, and replacing him with rugani is already a huge improvement. add alex sandro to the mix, and it's already time to hail the mighty bepps. unfortunately, licht's injury and caceres' idiotic car crash/dui case created a crisis on the right of the defense, but it's not marotta to blame for it.
- we have more options in the attack, too: mandzukic is a class center, certainly better than llorente (as much as i loved nando being in the squad). zaza is a quality sub, one of the best bench strikers in the league. dybala is a bright talent, already ready to make an impact. but losing tevez is a huge blow, one we cannot handle yet. on the long run, our attack is probably stronger, but looking at our league run so far, it's clear that we are dearly missing tevez.
- the midfield suffered the biggest blow: both vidal and pirlo were proven players, always ready to make an impact. starting the season with either padoin or hernanes as a regista is a bad joke. for the last couple of seasons, we had no issues replacing injured players with quality options in the midfield. now we lost 2 key players, and replaced them with who? the fact that khedira made a huge impact for the last 2 matches means we lack depth in this department. also, pogba is clearly having unexpectedly huge difficulties in handling the pressure on him as a leader.

overall, i still have mixed feelings about our summer mercato. bringing in young players like rugani, dybala and sandro: :tup: letting our midfield quality and depth vanish: :frown: i have very high hopes for one of lemina and asamoah to shine. that alone could save our season.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Isn't that the same CL finalist squad, that you said was lucky and blessed to make the final, and only because it played the likes Monaco, Borussia and Olympiakos? And wasnt actually that great? Yes?

And its funny how 2/3 of the major players that left us were pretty ordinary in the CL for the most part last season. And the "dud signingss" like Evra, Pereyra and Morata were amongst the best (along with our amazing defence)
Yes we were not an unstoppable force and we were lucky with the draw and the teams that we met. However that does not mean we were at the level we are currently at.

Are you judging on paper or on performance pick a side? On performance the difference is for all to see. On paper, our squad now has better depth in the positions that werent really in urgent need of reinforcing. We have one 21 year old SS instead of Tevez and 1 passer in Marchisio (who was here last year). A squad so threatened by one injury in either SS or CM positions is not better than a squad that was complete last season.

Last season the squad was complete and we had depth in every position except for an adequate Tevez sub. We would have never had this bad start if marchisio was not injured (or if Pirlo stayed on another year).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Baus there is only one way and one way only to judge football. On the pitch, until we stop sucking and become even half of the consistently unstoppable force we been for years, then I can pick up the pom poms with you and start cheering on the strength of this squad. Until then, hot air to dream about how good/stronger it looks on paper, it's really just madness for me to entertain this notion based on results. I can be positive and hopeful about the potential of the squad. But it means jack shit until they start showing it on the regular. It's that simple for me, I highly object to saying it's stronger then last season based on the facts, only last week me and many here were seriously discussing firing Allegri after just 1 win out of 6...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Busy at the moment, no time to respond to you Hist and Osman

But I welcome the scrutiny.
I'm all about being hopeful about the future bro, but lets focus on NOW. I hate repeating myself, potentially speaking its lovely club signed some of my favourite recent non Juve players in Dybala, Sandro and Cuadrado. Been looking forward to Rugani in our colours for a year, and Lemina has been a huge suprise package. I wont sugarcoat that I did not like the Khedira signing as a difference maker type of replacement for Vidal/Pirlo, happy to see he fits in like glove, to say the least our inexperienced/lacking midfield has needed his sudden presence like a dying man in sahara desert needs an oasis of sweet nectar water with hawt bedouin princess frolicking there.

But it does not change the fact that we WEAKER based on results. Saying anything else is just getting carried away by your imagination of how strong this side can become, so far they shown more weakness then strength. In fact is its a very real worst case scenario that it may take several years for current team to become as strong and formidable as last seasons one was.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm all about being hopeful about the future bro, but lets focus on NOW. I hate repeating myself, potentially speaking its lovely club signed some of my favourite recent non Juve players in Dybala, Sandro and Cuadrado. Been looking forward to Rugani in our colours for a year, and Lemina has been a huge suprise package. I wont sugarcoat that I did not like the Khedira signing as a difference maker type of replacement for Vidal/Pirlo, happy to see he fits in like glove, to say the least our inexperienced/lacking midfield has needed his sudden presence like a dying man in sahara desert needs an oasis of sweet nectar water with hawt bedouin princess frolicking there.

But it does not change the fact that we WEAKER based on results. Saying anything else is just getting carried away by your imagination of how strong this side can become, so far they shown more weakness then strength. In fact is its a very real worst case scenario that it may take several years for current team to become as strong and formidable as last seasons one was.
Provided that the players stay.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
The comparison cant be made, our squad has been decimated by injuries on q Del Neri Season-scale. I don't think it will take several years for this team to become formidable but it wont happen this year either.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's also unfair as the comparison is with players who were here for years and settled. Immediately the squad was never going to be 'ready made' to win every game, but the makings are there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)