JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
So in short we have better subs than last season (except the regista position) and a weaker starting 11. On paper the old team is better and in terms of performance, the only way the current team can be said to be better is if we win the treble.
According this logic, our squad last season is better than lippi era.
Even better than madrid's ancelotti

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
According this logic, our squad last season is better than lippi era.
Even better than madrid's ancelotti
Why so? Both were better on paper I'd presume.

If we meet Barca in the last 16 and exit then yeah that wouldn't be fair to the current team. However, the current team just had the worst Juve start in decades. So far its the worst Juve performance wise since 2011.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

If we meet Barca in the last 16 and exit then yeah that wouldn't be fair to the current team. However, the current team just had the worst Juve start in decades. So far its the worst Juve performance wise since 2011.
Or best start to the CL season since 2005 :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
B_Aus managed to troll you all. :lol:

He knows the current squad is not even close to being "clearly stronger" than last season's one. We've had the worst start in the club's history in Serie A this season. Last season we almost won the treble.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015

I just focus on that funny statement.
You do not say about if we met barca or something like that.
And for this season, i do not think this season squad should do better than last season.

- - - Updated - - -

B_Aus managed to troll you all. :lol:

He knows the current squad is not even close to being "clearly stronger" than last season's one. We've had the worst start in the club's history in Serie A this season. Last season we almost won the treble.
We almost went to EL just because arturo can not score penalty spot.
While this squad has 2 wins from 2 games in CL.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I just focus on that funny statement.
You do not say about if we met barca or something like that.
And for this season, i do not think this season squad should do better than last season.

- - - Updated - - -

We almost went to EL just because arturo can not score penalty spot.
While this squad has 2 wins from 2 games in CL.
We also got in the final because his aggressive defensive game dislocated Madrids midfield buildup, and disabled them to feed CR7

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
We also got in the final because his aggressive defensive game dislocated Madrids midfield buildup, and disabled them to feed CR7
I do not say vidal was not important.
I just say in CL ( so bad it just in CL ) ,this season juventus has best start in CL since Andrea Agnelli era.
Last season, we were almost knocked out by Olympiakos.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Vidal was average during our CL run last season (other than the home game against Monaco, and away leg at Madrid, where he was good). Are we re-writing history again?
I recall a couple of marchisio, pereyra, pogba games, where we were at our blistering best. Pogba in an insane form. The only thing we lost compared to them, was world class tevez

And i remain with my point. Tevez is a huge loss. But he was the only big loss compared to last season as a whole.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Squad depth is definitely better, but starting team is definitely worse.

Depth is important, but the starting 11 is much more important.

So, generally speaking, right now our team is worse.

And we still miss that glaring hole - AM.

Let's see how season progresses, but the current scenarium is this.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Squad depth is definitely better, but starting team is definitely worse.

Depth is important, but the starting 11 is much more important.

So, generally speaking, right now our team is worse.

And we still miss that glaring hole - AM.

Let's see how season progresses, but the current scenarium is this.

IMO depth and starting 11 should go hand in hand... because the momentt we miss a morata...we lose a game. Its useless to have a very good starting 11 if you get 2 or 3 injuries and start losing games because of lack of depth.

Our real big lost has been Tevez, who IMO is irreplacable. He is the real reason of why we are struggling...because he linked the midfield and attack like no one did in the previous decade for us...scored and defended like a mad dog. He was a complete package and our engine.

Now we really struggle without his goals and presence... so yeah without tevez we are weaker. But yeah, we need to see how this new team works when everything is on place and in sync...as of today..we have been rotating too much and trying to find what works and what doesnt.

Cuadrado on the right flank could be a potential game changer for us....he is already creating a lot of space and chances for us... but we have been too off target.

If we start scoring every chance we can...maybe, just maybe.. we can be better than last year.

We were too Tevez/Morata dependant....now we have like 2 or 3 ways of startin plays.

Let ssee.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Tevez and Pirlo.

We wouldn't have missed Pirlo had marchisio not been injured or had marotta bought a bloody replacement instead of buying depth players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)