Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
For me, it's too early to conclude. I will say one thing, though. I appreciate what Beppe and Paratici are trying to do here. I'm very happy that they're trying everything to prevent us going the way Milan did with their "senators problem". Plus, we also had to offload a couple of guys who weren't motivated enough to stay on.

I think we've brought in some very good players this summer, and I'm definitely happy about that. But just how good of a signing each and every one of them were, has to be judged later on in the season. Perhaps even after the season.

Hernanes as the AM, well... It's a bit underwhelming, but we made incredible changes this summer and in the end it was probably unrealistic to expect a big money move for a trequartista. As a temporary solution, I believe Hernanes could be very good for us. He's versatile and comes with loads of Serie-A experience and certain guarantees that for instance Draxler wouldn't necessarily bring. Draxler, a young injury-prone player who hasn't proven anything and would've cost us an astounding 40 million; would that actually have been a good move? If the kid had exploded here then obviously yes, but ... Well, I do understand Marotta deeming such an operation too risky.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic and deep down I believe The Great Man has pulled off a great mercato yet again. But this isn't me concluding anything. I will wait and see, and reserve my judgement.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Truth is, B81, none of us really know yet how our mercato has been like. Yes we've lost two matches in a row, but that doesn't necessarily come down to having had a bad mercato. We've gone through a massive overhaul, so the reason may very well also be that the team simply isn't ready yet and that all the new players need time to gel.

We're initiating a brand new project, launching a new team. We've had little time to prepare. Of course it's gonna be a bumpy ride in the beginning.

People who are supportive of Marotta aren't necessarily right or wrong about whether this has been a good mercato or not, but neither are those slagging off the management right now. None of us knows shit.

It's a brand new Juve and we need to give Allegri and the lads some time to steady the ship, and after that we'll see. Only then will we know.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
For me, it's too early to conclude. I will say one thing, though. I appreciate what Beppe and Paratici are trying to do here. I'm very happy that they're trying everything to prevent us going the way Milan did with their "senators problem". Plus, we also had to offload a couple of guys who weren't motivated enough to stay on.

I think we've brought in some very good players this summer, and I'm definitely happy about that. But just how good of a signing each and every one of them were, has to be judged later on in the season. Perhaps even after the season.

Hernanes as the AM, well... It's a bit underwhelming, but we made incredible changes this summer and in the end it was probably unrealistic to expect a big money move for a trequartista. As a temporary solution, I believe Hernanes could be very good for us. He's versatile and comes with loads of Serie-A experience and certain guarantees that for instance Draxler wouldn't necessarily bring. Draxler, a young injury-prone player who hasn't proven anything and would've cost us an astounding 40 million; would that actually have been a good move? If the kid had exploded here then obviously yes, but ... Well, I do understand Marotta deeming such an operation too risky.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic and deep down I believe The Great Man has pulled off a great mercato yet again. But this isn't me concluding anything. I will wait and see, and reserve my judgement.
:tup:

Pretty much how I feel.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Truth is, B81, none of us really know yet how our mercato has been like. Yes we've lost two matches in a row, but that doesn't necessarily come down to having had a bad mercato. We've gone through a massive overhaul, so the reason may very well also be that the team simply isn't ready yet and that all the new players need time to gel.

We're initiating a brand new project, launching a new team. We've had little time to prepare. Of course it's gonna be a bumpy ride in the beginning.

People who are supportive of Marotta aren't necessarily right or wrong about whether this has been a good mercato or not, but neither are those slagging off the management right now. None of us knows shit.

It's a brand new Juve and we need to give Allegri and the lads some time to steady the ship, and after that we'll see. Only then will we know.
:tup:

The people who deny there were problems with this mercato are probably deluding themselves. At the same time, there were a number of positives, especially at the beginning of the window. I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled Sandro out of thin air. I expected us to do a Scudetto + CL QF before the beginning of the mercato. This team, even without the AM, can still achieve that. It's just a matter of finding form (and quickly).
At least we won't have to go into the last game of the group having to get a point vs Atletico because Vidal missed a penalty vs Olympiakos :seven:

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
A mercato without addressing the most glaring need of your team and your coach's primary request -and then providing a half-assed stopgap solution in the last hours of transfers- is not a good mercato.
By losing 3 reference point in a matter of weeks and leaving the team at the hands of a bunch of kids and numerous newbes, marotta turned a well functioning team into total chaos. It could be done in a way smoother, more reasonable fashion.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well, enought crying guys. Luckily this rollercoaster ended and we now know who our players are. Lets start working for real and get to winning ways again plz.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
shit mercato, just bunch of mehs brought in. Hernanes, Cuadrado, Mandzu and Khedira are all underwhelming signings. Essentially all of those guys were forced out of their teams. I feel like this is a Inter type of signing at this point and not for CL finalist.
You just don't win the CL with 30 year old mediocre Interista Hernanes as your starting AM and Cuadrado doing whatever the hell he does on a football pitch.

Dybala and Sandro are the signings I like.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
$#@! mercato, just bunch of mehs brought in. Hernanes, Cuadrado, Mandzu and Khedira are all underwhelming signings. Essentially all of those guys were forced out of their teams. I feel like this is a Inter type of signing at this point and not for CL finalist.
You just don't win the CL with 30 year old mediocre Interista Hernanes as your starting AM and Cuadrado doing whatever the hell he does on a football pitch.

Dybala and Sandro are the signings I like.
who cares about CL
big fish in a little pond mercato :tuttosport:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Don't mean to go off topic, but this is how you sell your key players:

Man Utd clinged on to De Gea and forced Real Madrid to splash out in the last 24 hours 29 million pounds for a goal keeper who's contract expires in July 2016

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34108093

We've messed up big time this summer, and it started of with the Tevez sale, not the Vidal one.
Hats off is all I can say though didn't expect any better from real.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Don't mean to go off topic, but this is how you sell your key players:

Man Utd clinged on to De Gea and forced Real Madrid to splash out in the last 24 hours 29 million pounds for a goal keeper who's contract expires in July 2016

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34108093

We've messed up big time this summer, and it started of with the Tevez sale, not the Vidal one.
The Tevez sale cannot be compared with Vidal's. Two completely different scenarios.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i won't talk much about the quality we have. because i believe we have the quality to win Seria A and compete in CL

However

Timing, i mean what da fuck was this horror Mercato, it wasn't smooth at all, bad timings will hunt our asses down, we lost chemistry, we still have new players who didn't shake hands yet.

Some unnecessary deals, if it didn't happen it would have been even smoother for the team to grow-up. talking about selling here.

at the end, i don't mind to rejuvenate our juve, actually i like that we have a very young talented team. but you can do this transition gently, foreplay before intercourse is the way to go.

yea last thing. please guys be patient on Allegri and the players, specially the younger guys. Allegri isn't a stubborn coach, he learns from his mistakes.
our team has the potential to be that good. just some time to gel and make things work. every thing will be ok.

as for marotta, i can't say anything except for

ZAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FORZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCKERS!

:mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)