Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
shit mercato, just bunch of mehs brought in. Hernanes, Cuadrado, Mandzu and Khedira are all underwhelming signings. Essentially all of those guys were forced out of their teams. I feel like this is a Inter type of signing at this point and not for CL finalist.
You just don't win the CL with 30 year old mediocre Interista Hernanes as your starting AM and Cuadrado doing whatever the hell he does on a football pitch.

Dybala and Sandro are the signings I like.
Winning the CHL this season was impossible whichever way you turn it. Last season was the culmination of a cycle in the club, we peaked as a team and decided to overhaul the entire team this summer, so we can look forward to being competitive for several years to come.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Winning the CHL this season was impossible whichever way you turn it. Last season was the culmination of a cycle in the club, we peaked as a team and decided to overhaul the entire team this summer, so we can look forward to being competitive for several years to come.
If winning the CL is impossible, how the hell are we being competitive?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
If winning the CL is impossible, how the hell are we being competitive?
I think he meant winning the CL this season would have been next to impossible, even if we kept our star players and I tend to agree with him tbh.

Teams in the modern "Champions League" era rarely make the final 2 years in a row (or win the title two years in a row) The time for squad regeneration unfortunately is now, and hopefully the team being built now is one that is built to win the CL in another few years.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Who is heldt? does his team play in cl final? Wait, ..
what is his team?
No. Heldt is an asshole for not accepting our terms.

- - - Updated - - -

Perspective you simplistic buffoon. Are Schalke the biggest team in Germany? What is their revenue/turnover? Can we compare that club's history to ours?
Well,
he sold draxler 36 to wolfsburg, if ours proposal is 30..how come he prefers 6m and "give up" or lower his competitivenes to his domestic rivals? Lack of ambition? Lack of prestige? Because this heldt guy said that is the true proper value..what? 6m to strengthen rival and weaked him self?
i don't understand how you came out with useless conclusion. we were comparing the situation of selling Draxler and how they got more money for him even though he wanted out. and how marotta dealt with Vidal. i don't give a shit about heldt nor shalka. but you don't sell top players like Vidal that fast without bidding. look at de gea!!

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I think he meant winning the CL this season would be have been next to impossible even if we kept our star players and I tend to agree with him tbh. Teams in the modern era rarely make the final 2 years in a row (or win the title two years in a row) The time for squad regeneration unfortunately is now, and hopefully we can build a team now that is built to win the CL in another few years.
I dig yo comprehension girl

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Its not like last season we were unstoppable in Europe. We barely scraped through the group stage, being dominated by Atletico, we struggled against Olympiakos, needed some good fortune to overcome an out of form madrid and were completely out played by Barca. The team over performed last season and a lot of things worked out in our favor but I wouldn't say the squad peaked and required an overhaul. Tevez and Vidal still have plenty of world class football in them only Pirlo needed to be given a bench/rotational role.

We needed an overhaul because we let go of 3 key players not because these players couldnt give any more good football. Inter peaked in their treble season.. almost not a single player from that team was able to perform anywhere near that level during that year. We did not peak... we hit the reset button because we couldn't talk our best players in to staying. This season we start all over.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Its not like last season we were unstoppable in Europe. We barely scraped through the group stage, being dominated by Atletico, we struggled against Olympiakos, needed some good fortune to overcome an out of form madrid and were completely out played by Barca. The team over performed last season and a lot of things worked out in our favor but I wouldn't say the squad peaked and required an overhaul. Tevez and Vidal still have plenty of world class football in them only Pirlo needed to be given a bench/rotational role.

We needed an overhaul because we let go of 3 key players not because these players couldnt give any more good football. Inter peaked in their treble season.. almost not a single player from that team was able to perform anywhere near that level during that year. We did not peak... we hit the reset button because we couldn't talk our best players in to staying. This season we start all over.
and even if we did peak, we fucked up 120 mil on one potentially good SS and a hopefully starter LB, the rest even at their peak shouldnt start for us if our aim is indeed to be an elite club.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
What would you have done instead of letting them go?

Keep a Pirlo who is clearly over the hill and not able to play competitively for 90 minutes, even after he's had a week of rest since the last game?
Keep a Tevez who wants to leave, after what happened in City when he was unsatisfied with the way the club dealt with his preferences?
Keep a Vidal who made it clear to the club that he wants to leave?

I don't see it. I see us reacting to what is happening, not the management provoking this. On paper they've done quite well to mend the squad and launch a new project, and I'm just excited to see where it goes from here.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014

Isn't that the Italian way?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
and even if we did peak, we fucked up 120 mil on one potentially good SS and a hopefully starter LB, the rest even at their peak shouldnt start for us if our aim is indeed to be an elite club.
Mandzukic and Rugani at their peak shouldn't start for Juventus? :howler:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
have you seen rugani's peak? mandzukic is at his peak and shouldnt start for us
Have you seen him peak? Thank you very much.

If you plan on using a classic #9 Mandzukic is close to as good as it gets today. Now I didn't see the Roma game, but I think he did a fine job against Udinese.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Its not like last season we were unstoppable in Europe.
We really were, played some neat football and deservedly find our place in the final.

being dominated by Atletico
Two even games, where neither team managed to create much in the final 3rd.

we struggled against Olympiakos
Missed half a dozen chances including penalty in the 2nd match. Also were wasteful in the 1st one, particularly in the 2nd half, when Morata didn't burry some great chances, hitting the post on one occasion.

, needed some good fortune to overcome an out of form madrid
:lol2:
Everything to fit your narrative I guess.

and were completely out played by Barca.
Except that we were on verge of equalizing the game, held them on the ropes for good part of the 2nd half. Even had penalty call rulled out, wrongfully.

Tevez and Vidal still have plenty of world class football in them only Pirlo needed to be given a bench/rotational role.
Agree that Vidal situation we could and should have handled better, but Tevez is type of player you don't want to have near the dressing room when he decides to leave. Pirlo was well past it. Couldn't last for 60 minutes even when fully rested.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
it is not a conversation, you are being your usual sophist self:'Have you seen him peak? Thank you very much.' :sergio: additionally, you dont even watch our games(and not just the roma game) let alone other teams'
You need about 10 minutes to see what Mandzukic is good at. He's a fighter and he'll get you goals. On the downside he's an average footballer. Is he good enough for us? His statistics say he is. But something will always be lacking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)