Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I like Chiellini at left-back.

Gives a nice balance.

Team would look unbalanced to me if you had two attacking full-backs and no genuine defensive midfielder in the team.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I like Chiellini at left-back.

Gives a nice balance.

Team would look unbalanced to me if you had two attacking full-backs and no genuine defensive midfielder in the team.
:shifty: what do you call Vidal? Even Marchisio is playing more defensive these days than usual.

Chiellini is a waste at LB and I wouldn't call Licht an attacking full back. Tevez is a very hard worker anyway.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:shifty: what do you call Vidal? Even Marchisio is playing more defensive these days than usual.

Chiellini is a waste at LB and I wouldn't call Licht an attacking full back. Tevez is a very hard worker anyway.
Vidal doesn't really sit back like a traditional DM, in front of the CBs, providing cover for the fullbacks. Which I think is what Red is getting at.

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon

Lichtsteiner-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini

Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio

Pepe---Llorente---Tevez​

Doesn't look a bad team to me.
It looks okay on paper, maybe Asamoah for Marchisio?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do you want to hold them back from making forward runs?

Neither of them is anything like a natural defensive midfielder, even if Vidal is an excellent ball-winner.

Chiellini is a waste at LB...
In what way?

I wouldn't call Licht an attacking full back.
Why not?

Sure, he can defend, but he spends a lot of his time very high up the pitch.

Tevez is a very hard worker anyway.
So?

I'm not talking so much about the ability to defend in organised situations as how exposed that team could be left against counter-attacks if it had an attacking left-back as well as all the other attacking players there are in the line-up.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It looks okay on paper, maybe Asamoah for Marchisio?
Meh.

Don't understand how keen so many people are to get Marchisio out of the team.

If a chance was to be made in midfield, I'd say there would be a stronger case for putting Pogba in in Pirlo's place in that system.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Meh.

Don't understand how keen so many people are to get Marchisio out of the team.

If a chance was to be made in midfield, I'd say there would be a stronger case for putting Pogba in in Pirlo's place in that system.
I just think it's a stronger midfield with Asamoah on the left. I love an athletic midfielder.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Monaco, Anzhi, Milan, RM.

That's a lot of competition, with each one of them offering more money than we can afford, given the salary he was on. We cannot and should not take the credit away. Even if for a minute we preclude that nobody was interested, Beppe still got one of his plan A's. He moved swiftly, decisively and with the intent of a DS befitting Juve. There is just simply no argument against it. He got the job done.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
That's a lot of competition, with each one of them offering more money than we can afford, given the salary he was on. We cannot and should not take the credit away. Even if for a minute we preclude that nobody was interested, Beppe still got one of his plan A's. He moved swiftly, decisively and with the intent of a DS befitting Juve. There is just simply no argument against it. He got the job done.
yeah. good on marotta for this signing. peeps that can acknowledge that are just as shitty as the apologist.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Vidal doesn't really sit back like a traditional DM, in front of the CBs, providing cover for the fullbacks. Which I think is what Red is getting at.
Both midfielders are box to box. Vidal does more dirty work but he spreads it over the pitch, Marchisio keeps shape.
I know, but I think the job is done fine by those two. I can't really remember us being caught out much on counters, maybe Shaktahr was the worst.

Do you want to hold them back from making forward runs?

Neither of them is anything like a natural defensive midfielder, even if Vidal is an excellent ball-winner.
I know what you meant but in my opinion we clearly don't need a typical DM, it would make a negative impact on our game. The duty is shared just fine between Vidal & Marchisio.

Because he is world class at CB, while merely just good at LB. You shouldn't play such players out of position if it's not completely needed.

Why not?

Sure, he can defend, but he spends a lot of his time very high up the pitch.
I consider an attacking fullback someone like Dani Alves, Lichtsteiner is much more balanced imo.

So?

I'm not talking so much about the ability to defend in organised situations as how exposed that team could be left against counter-attacks if it had an attacking left-back as well as all the other attacking players there are in the line-up.
Ok, but still as I said we'd probably have Marchisio or Vidal sitting a little further back there to defend.

Bufi

Dec 21, 2010
i think same as joe.. will be better play chiellini as lb in 4 3 3 jovetic as left forward llorente cf and tevez rf.. In that formation we will have grat balance.with that formation we can win any team in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)