Boksic

May 11, 2005
Martinez and Motta were poor signings, but great directors of the past have all made mistakes. You put down Pepe as a poor signing, though? Can't say I agree with that. He was incredibly important for us in winning the 2012-scudetto. That he sustained a long-term injury 2 seasons after being signed isn't Beppe's fault.
:agree:

Pepe has been a good signing, he was very important last season and overall he was average in the first. Sure we overpaid, but I really think that we were struggling to attract players at that time.

As for Martinez, I would probably say that was the worst transfer that I have seen in the 19 years that I have supported Juventus.

I think Marotta has done a very good job, especially when you look back to see where we were when he came in. The guy clearly has a strict budget to work with and that has harmed his ability to get a top striker player in before this season.

The signings of Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo, Lichsteiner, Barzagli have been outstanding.

My main criticism has been the ability to sell, although I think the contracts offered by Secco has also played a part.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
We could have brought Aguero or Dzeko in prior years but at the expense of rebuilding other areas. Licht, Vidal and Vucinic combined cost as much as one Aguero so we had money but it needed to be spent wisely. Having Aguero while behind him plays Poulsen, Salihamidzic or Grygera doesn't mean much.
You shut your whore mouth about Brazzo.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No it doesn't really matter but the amount of praise that Marotta has been getting is somehow exaggerated in my opinion.

Now if he manages to get Jovetic for a reasonable price, I will give him credit because this will show talent.
I agree. According to the reports, Tevez wanted to join us all along as we were the best chance he had at winning more silverware while playing regularly. He wouldn't have played regularly at the sides with big money.

It was a good transfer, but not some major coup or anything.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
In Canada domestic cat is called Lion :stuckup:

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. According to the reports, Tevez wanted to join us all along as we were the best chance he had at winning more silverware while playing regularly. He wouldn't have played regularly at the sides with big money.

:howler:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Ok, Andy.

A World Class player for that price wasn't a major coup. Gotcha.

Even in moments like this, you can't be happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)