JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Listening to what Marotta said about the rejections, and hinting how he didn't believe agents and officials had acted correctly in the past, revealed a lot more as to what has gone on in the last couple of years.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
True, but it's hard to get caught when you've got 3 defenders back at all times. That's what big Giorgio out left does in a 4 man defense.
But then we go back to the debate that Giorgio is wasted there and we are weakening ourselves overall by playing Bonucci there instead of Giorgione.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Marotta: "When I arrived at Juve, things were difficult. I will never forget the rejections from some players. Today players ask to join us"
Yeah I made a note of that comment earlier. Such a testament to the marvellous work that has been done over the course of the last few seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I like Marotta, he been doing well. And I think by pulling Tevez, it's easier to sign other players after this, as the commitment from the club is proven.

The only transfer dealing , I would put the blame on him is Martinez, Motta and Pepe. His first season he was really rushing to close in deals and probably that's what went wrong.

Other than that, I believe all his deals are value added. Expecting more to come this summer.

He brought in a new level of transfer dealing on co-own and installment payment in a time where the economy is ravaged in Italy and still manage to compete with rest of Europe.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Martinez and Motta were poor signings, but great directors of the past have all made mistakes. You put down Pepe as a poor signing, though? Can't say I agree with that. He was incredibly important for us in winning the 2012-scudetto. That he sustained a long-term injury 2 seasons after being signed isn't Beppe's fault.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I thought at that time Pepe for 10mil was pretty high price, but we were desperate for wingers and we had to take the option. His first season was shambles, agreed on the second season , he impressed me. Third season he anonymous with the injury, we could have cashed in him but we didnt take the Russian offer.

Anyway , is Asamoah Marotta's most expensive signing?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I thought at that time Pepe for 10mil was pretty high price, but we were desperate for wingers and we had to take the option. His first season was shambles, agreed on the second season , he impressed me. Third season he anonymous with the injury, we could have cashed in him but we didnt take the Russian offer.

Yep, that would be correct (18). Tied with Matri :D

Bonucci being the third-most expensive (15.5). Krasic and Quag fourth, tied with Tevez if the fee rises up to 15 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite messy, but I think I got it now!

- - - Updated - - -

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Listening to what Marotta said about the rejections, and hinting how he didn't believe agents and officials had acted correctly in the past, revealed a lot more as to what has gone on in the last couple of years.
Probably means we approached big players, so in a sense does also allude to the fact that we had the money. :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Yes with Matri, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, that would be correct (18). Tied with Matri :D

Bonucci being the third-most expensive (15.5). Krasic and Quag fourth, tied with Tevez if the fee rises up to 15 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite messy, but I think I got it now!
Vucinic was 15m too I think.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Marotta: "When I arrived at Juve, things were difficult. I will never forget the rejections from some players. Today players ask to join us"
Something what most of us here knew but now he has confirmed it.
Probably means we approached big players, so in a sense does also allude to the fact that we had the money. :D
We had neither money or appeal two years ago. Hopefully those times won't return anytime soon.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
:agree: I still don't think the 'we can't compete with other clubs on a financial level' statement was completely true. We just decided to spend it elsewhere and on more players. For example in the summer window before 2011-12 we easily could have afforded Aguero with the money we spent, but it probably turned out better in the way did it anyway.

Nonetheless, as Beppe stated there probably was more to do with it :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Something what most of us here knew but now he has confirmed it.
We had neither money or appeal two years ago. Hopefully those times won't return anytime soon.
The only type of players who'd reject Juve are the high profile ones, and they cost quite a bit. Just like Aguero, RvP and the like. So we did have the money us how I read that situation. Appeal maybe not.

:agree: I still don't think the 'we can't compete with other clubs on a financial level' statement was completely true. We just decided to spend it elsewhere and on more players. For example in the summer window before 2011-12 we easily could have afforded Aguero with the money we spent, but it probably turned out better in the way did it anyway.

Nonetheless, as Beppe stated there probably was more to do with it :D
Cannot deny there could be other factors in those deals, but at least we can agree the money was there. Anyway, back to the fap fest.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The only type of players who'd reject Juve are the high profile ones, and they cost quite a bit. Just like Aguero, RvP and the like. So we did have the money us how I read that situation. Appeal maybe not.
We could have brought Aguero or Dzeko in prior years but at the expense of rebuilding other areas. Licht, Vidal and Vucinic combined cost as much as one Aguero so we had money but it needed to be spent wisely. Having Aguero while behind him plays Poulsen, Salihamidzic or Grygera doesn't mean much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)