JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I really hope he set his eyes on two full backs and a left winger. That's all. I don't want him stretching the budget and making exceptions or buying a large quantity of average players again.
Do you really expect to get away with your comment without a cheap eye-joke?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Blog: Low-profile Lady

Juventus are struggling and Beppe Marotta says they aren't Scudetto contenders. Serafino Ingardia agrees but wonders if he could've done more

The new season hasn't started exactly well for Juventus, as they are still chasing their first Serie A win. A slow start is after all understandable for a team which has practically revolutionised its formation over the past few months.

Still Sport Director Beppe Marotta's words left me disorientated. The former Sampdoria man came out saying that this team does not have any champions and is targeting the fourth spot.

Pretty straight forward comments but unexpected at this stage. Marotta is on one hand right not to fool the supporters with false hopes but at the same time I feel he should have made those comments before the start of the season.

Realistically, Juventus are not Scudetto material but still something more could have been done to help the Old Lady to raise its ambitions. I may sound repetitive here but while Marotta claims that this team has no champions, I feel that they could still have had one had he not offloaded Diego to Wolfsburg.

It is still early to judge, but, I feel the Bianconeri transfer campaign could have been ran very differently. While I am not totally sure about the majority of the players who were brought in, I am also stunned by the way Marotta changed this team.

His U-turn, which led to departure of Diego and the arrival of Fabio Quagliarella, arrived way too late as the campionato was about to kick off. True, the transfer market is unpredictable but a bit of planning wouldn't have hurt.

When you sell your most talented player for nearly the same money spent on Jorge Martinez and then go to look for a short term replacement, you start to wonder what the real ambitions of this side are. Diego had done the whole pre-season with Juve and had positively impressed everybody. I feel that with him the Bianconeri would have been able to make a push for second position.

Furthermore, Juve have a completely inexperienced backline formed by youngsters such as Marco Motta and Paolo De Ceglie, who are not even that talented. Shouldn't have Marotta looked for something better? Milos Krasic, Simone Pepe, Quagliarella and Martinez are decent players but all came in at expensive costs. Marotta could have secured real “champions” just by blocking two of these transfers.

But then he goes to say that Juve do not have any champions. Marotta's budget was good enough to land at least one and if Juve fail to finish in the top three this term I believe their DS will be the man responsible.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004

Juventus are struggling and Beppe Marotta says they aren't Scudetto contenders. Serafino Ingardia agrees but wonders if he could've done more

The new season hasn't started exactly well for Juventus, as they are still chasing their first Serie A win. A slow start is after all understandable for a team which has practically revolutionised its formation over the past few months.

Still Sport Director Beppe Marotta's words left me disorientated. The former Sampdoria man came out saying that this team does not have any champions and is targeting the fourth spot.

Pretty straight forward comments but unexpected at this stage. Marotta is on one hand right not to fool the supporters with false hopes but at the same time I feel he should have made those comments before the start of the season.

Realistically, Juventus are not Scudetto material but still something more could have been done to help the Old Lady to raise its ambitions. I may sound repetitive here but while Marotta claims that this team has no champions, I feel that they could still have had one had he not offloaded Diego to Wolfsburg.

It is still early to judge, but, I feel the Bianconeri transfer campaign could have been ran very differently. While I am not totally sure about the majority of the players who were brought in, I am also stunned by the way Marotta changed this team.

His U-turn, which led to departure of Diego and the arrival of Fabio Quagliarella, arrived way too late as the campionato was about to kick off. True, the transfer market is unpredictable but a bit of planning wouldn't have hurt.

When you sell your most talented player for nearly the same money spent on Jorge Martinez and then go to look for a short term replacement, you start to wonder what the real ambitions of this side are. Diego had done the whole pre-season with Juve and had positively impressed everybody. I feel that with him the Bianconeri would have been able to make a push for second position.

Furthermore, Juve have a completely inexperienced backline formed by youngsters such as Marco Motta and Paolo De Ceglie, who are not even that talented. Shouldn't have Marotta looked for something better? Milos Krasic, Simone Pepe, Quagliarella and Martinez are decent players but all came in at expensive costs. Marotta could have secured real “champions” just by blocking two of these transfers.

But then he goes to say that Juve do not have any champions. Marotta's budget was good enough to land at least one and if Juve fail to finish in the top three this term I believe their DS will be the man responsible.
Is it only the top 3 make the CL this year?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Tuesday 14 September, 2010

totally fucking agree......the mistakes this blind motherfucker made in the preseason are going to have heavy implications come May.

there was NO reason to get rid of Diego; the guy was our best player in the preseason, and needed a season to get used to Serie A (remember Nedved ??)

This guy has no eye for talent (pun intended), as we are stuck with less than average joes like Martinez and Pepe...... you can also add Motta to that list

10th place is a reality this season

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We don't have the players of a 10th place team, that is a fact. In the (unlikely) event we finish 10th that will be down to the coach and some awful performances from the players.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
totally fucking agree......the mistakes this blind motherfucker made in the preseason are going to have heavy implications come May.

there was NO reason to get rid of Diego; the guy was our best player in the preseason, and needed a season to get used to Serie A (remember Nedved ??)

This guy has no eye for talent (pun intended), as we are stuck with less than average joes like Martinez and Pepe...... you can also add Motta to that list

10th place is a reality this season
Your average Joe Pepe is doing just fine in case you haven't noticed.

10th place might be a reality for some teams, but not Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)