only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Then this shows very bad planning and that only somewhere between buying Martinez and selling Diego we realized that we need money.

I'm not buying this.

"Juventus communicates to have perfected an agreement with VfL Wolfsburg GmbH for the permanent transfer of Da Cunha Diego for an income of €15.5m fully payable once the player signs his contract."

Thats the bottom line IMO. They've sold him with a 10 million loss to get the full amount "now" not in a year or two.

Anyone with basic background knowledge of financial reports would now that companies tend to sell their :gsol:Assets:gsol: (in football clubs players are considered our assets) to balance their books and impress their shareholders even if they needed to keep that asset.

Del neri kept saying that Diego is our best player and he praised him all summer long and even Diego said that Del Neri wanted to keep him while Marotta is the guy who wanted to sell him.

To me its clear, why would you sell your best player that even your coach wants to keep for a loss "unless" you desperately want a fast cash to balance the club's books.

Thats just my little theory on the whole thing.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
"Juventus communicates to have perfected an agreement with VfL Wolfsburg GmbH for the permanent transfer of Da Cunha Diego for an income of €15.5m fully payable once the player signs his contract."

Thats the bottom line IMO. They've sold him with a 10 million loss to get the full amount "now" not in a year or two.

Anyone with basic background knowledge of financial reports would now that companies tend to sell their :gsol:Assets:gsol: (in football clubs players are considered our assets) to balance their books and impress their shareholders even if they needed to keep that asset.

Del neri kept saying that Diego is our best player and he praised him all summer long and even Diego said that Del Neri wanted to keep him while Marotta is the guy who wanted to sell him.

To me its clear, why would you sell your best player that even your coach wants to keep for a loss "unless" you desperately want a fast cash to balance the club's books.

Thats just my little theory on the whole thing.
Could be, but the money we paid for loaning Quagliarella and the first installment for Martinez are 10m eur.
Giovinco+Diego vs Martinez+Quag doesn't give some difference even if wages are taken into consideration. Some 5-6m eur plus this year, which will be nullified when the next installments for Martinez arrive.

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
I think that Marrota has a plan......We may not see it, we may not understand it, but i think that he has one....
Just like Jesus!

Well, I'm hoping this guy gets better transfers, he's effectively running the club (Agnelli is just a figurehead) though reading that we might trade Sissoko (not bad) for Palombo (are you kidding?) makes me lose the little faith I have in wandering eye.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
totally fucking agree......the mistakes this blind motherfucker made in the preseason are going to have heavy implications come May.

there was NO reason to get rid of Diego; the guy was our best player in the preseason, and needed a season to get used to Serie A (remember Nedved ??)

This guy has no eye for talent (pun intended), as we are stuck with less than average joes like Martinez and Pepe...... you can also add Motta to that list

10th place is a reality this season
Agreed

At least this fool has the integrity to admit (underhandedly) his staff's mistakes

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Oh don't worry, he probably has another loan with an option to buy for next mercato ready by now
Yeah, I love that, he's already spent next years budget. why Fcuk up 1 transfer window when you can Fcuk up 2??

by the way rinaudo can play right? or his he cup tied too
I think he can play. Although we clearly weren't thinking when we signed our players so I wouldn't rule out that he is cup tied...

May 22, 2007
To put it realistically, this season isn't about trying to get as many players as possible who can play in every competition. It's about getting into the CL and building from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)