Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Marotta: «Satisfied with our transfer campaign»

Marotta has no doubts on how to qualify the work done by his team. «We are happy with what we did. We managed to follow the guidelines shown us by the management and combine the needs of the team with the book balance. Also for this reason we turned quite a bit to players on loan. We realized our objectives without causing a revolution but with a renewal and slow evolution investing also a great deal on the youth sector. We reduced the average age and contained the wages. We signed 12 new players, nearly 50% of the squad and therefore time will be needed to assimilate concepts and the tactical strategy. We therefore ask the supporters to have a bit of patience but everyone has a strong will to do his best. The advent of Andrea Agnelli strengthened the club and brought an even stronger sense of belonging. I am sure that the weight and the reputation of the team will be important elements this season».

With the transfer market window closed all the attention now shifts to the field. After the parenthesis for the international matches, the championship of Juventus will continue with a match which for Marotta (and not only for him) will have a special taste. At the Olimpico Juventus will be hosting Sampdoria, the club with which the director spent the last few seasons: «In Genova I spent 8 unforgettable years, a long time for a manager. I joined the team when they were close to the Serie C and I left it in the Champions League. It was a great deal of work which was successfully done thanks to the club and the Garrone family. Samp represents an important chapter in my life. It is not be the first time I will be facing a match against a former team but this time I think I will be emotional with my heart beating fast».

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Sampdoria President Riccardo Garrone admits that he finds it hard to forgive Beppe Marotta for joining Juventus.

Marotta had been Sampdoria's general manager for eight years, masterminding their rise from the bottom of Serie B to a place in the Champions League qualifiers.

He left Marassi in the summer to rebuild Juventus after their disastrous season in Serie A.

Speaking to La Stampa, Garrone said: “We need to forgive in order to be good Christians. Even if, in certain cases it's tough to forgive.

“It's true we left each other on very bad terms. He had decided on a new experience? So be it. He wanted to take Del Neri with him? Very well. But he couldn't also take Paratici from me, knowing that we were counting on him.

“You don't behave like that. But it's water under the bridge. We have Gasparin and Di Carlo, and we'll do well.

“Marotta is one of the best sporting directors in Italy. He is an honest person in a world that isn't diamond pure.”

Garrone then gave his two shillings on Del Neri who also left for Juventus after just one year at Marassi.

“Del Neri is a man who I liked a lot, a completely new person with respect to the others I had worked with in the past.

“He soon intrigued me, so much so that after a couple of months I invited him to eat at my house with my wife.”

Finally, Garrone spoke about the futures of his two stars Giampaolo Pazzini and Antonio Cassano.

“I said that I wouldn't even sell him for €100m. I am not the kind of person to lose face: when I say something I mean it.

“There was a very elaborate offer for Pazzini, but I won't say who it was from: a loan worth €5m with an option to buy, which would total another €20m. But as you see Pazzini is here.

“Cassano has a contract, which expires in 2013 and he has a buy-out clause, applied for the first time in Italy, worth €20m. But he told me once that in the unlikely event he were to leave for whatever reason, he would make me earn at least double.”

FI

---

Well he certainly will be holding a grudge on Sunday. He can stick that up his ass, it's not like we've achieved anything yet with his beloved men.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Marotta: Juve don't have champions Monday 13 September, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus' general manager Beppe Marotta admits his side doesn't have champions, but stresses that there are great players at the club.

Marotta was in charge of Juventus' recruitment strategy this summer and brought in a number of players including Leonardo Bonucci, Alberto Aquilani and Milos Krasic.

The Bianconeri have taken just one point from their opening two games in Serie A, prompting Gigi Del Neri to already rule them out of the title race.

Speaking after yesterday's 3-3 draw with Sampdoria, Marotta said: “There is bitterness for the result seeing that we managed to equalise and then take the lead twice, but we must respect the opponent who showed themselves to be a great team.

“Six-Elevenths of the team that went out on the pitch today were new players, so it's obvious that there is a transition phase in which we can only grow.

“The fact that we managed to score is a sign of good health. We certainly have to avoid conceding goals.

“It will take time and patience on the fans' part because you can't assemble a team in two months, but the mentality is right. There was commitment and the right approach to the game.

“It's too soon to say that we are not worthy of the Scudetto. But we mustn't make fun of the fans. The objective is Champions League qualification. We don't have champions, but good players; it's true that those teams who have invested more than us haven't had a better start.

“We need to wait at least until the fifth or sixth week of the season before making predictions. Right now we are only at the beginning and all the big teams are meeting with normal difficulties perhaps with the exception of Sampdoria who have four points in the table.

“For us it will be obligatory to reach qualification for the Champions League,” he concluded.

Damn, that's your job, to bring us Champions.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)