tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has sacked the South American talent scouts for failing to bring in any fresh talent.

Marotta has decided to hand the matter over to his right-hand man Fabio Paratici.

In my eyes, Fabio made a world class mercato this summer, signing a lot of teenagers with high potential, for what I have seen, he is really good in his job. I am satisfied with that choice, the only thing that worries me is that now he`ll have to scout Europe AND South America for talents, lets hope he can handle that!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In my eyes, Fabio made a world class mercato this summer, signing a lot of teenagers with high potential, for what I have seen, he is really good in his job. I am satisfied with that choice, the only thing that worries me is that now he`ll have to scout Europe AND South America for talents, lets hope he can handle that!
Are these your words or Marotta's words?

I didn't follow much what was happening in the youth department. Who did we get there and what makes it a "world class mercato"?

I know we got some Croat kid and some striker from Denmark. Anyone else?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
My josh detectors are not working right now.

Alen, Paratici's good work has been in signing many of the better young Italian players from around last years Primavera as well as standout players from the two levels below that, that weren't already tied to big clubs. The Danish guy is a defender btw.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Are these your words or Marotta's words?

I didn't follow much what was happening in the youth department. Who did we get there and what makes it a "world class mercato"?

I know we got some Croat kid and some striker from Denmark. Anyone else?
My words, not Marotta`s. That danish kid is a defender, the swiss-croat kid Simunac is a forward and is considered as a good prospect for the future, from what I`ve heard. Fabio also brought talents like Carlo Ilari for example, who is only 18 and played regularly for Ascoli, I have read only good things for him. Marcel Buchel is a player that I really like, he is an austrian under 19 international and is tipped to achieve great things, he played for Juve vs Trentino in our 1st friendly this summer, in the second half, and did well, scored a goal yesterday in a Juve firendly against Fontanabuona. Vincenzo Camilleri is another famoust player we captured, a 18year-old defender who was at Chelsea for a year, Marco Constantino is our 4th choice goalkeeper at the age of 19 and is also tipped to progress well... And so on, the point is that Paratici did very good job this summer and if these kids do well some of them may have a future in Juve`s first team, who knows?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Cool.

Juve's history with the youth doesn't give much hope, but the new board keeps saying how important the youth is, so here is to hope that we produce at least 1/4 of the quality Barca is producing. :beer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)