cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
I'm growing tired of all this negativity, false judgements based on opinions which are labelled as facts.

Before assuming anything and mark Marotta and Del Neri as a fail, we better support them and our players. Without that, we are destined to fail and as a fan, I don't want that.

So I have full confidence in Marotta and Del Neri unless they prove me different.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Lets be honest with ourselves here. Most likely, Del Neri is going to be an average manager for us. Perhaps he'll do better than Zacherroni, or perhaps he'll do just about the same, but Del Neri's record tells us he is average. No amount of wishing or hoping or praying is going to change that fact.

People can still support the club as they should, which I will do. But I expect very little with Del Neri at the helm. Marotta is a different story as it is a more difficult task in evaluating the job he has done in the past.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Lets be honest with ourselves here. Most likely, Del Neri is going to be an average manager for us. Perhaps he'll do better than Zacherroni, or perhaps he'll do just about the same, but Del Neri's record tells us he is average. No amount of wishing or hoping or praying is going to change that fact.

People can still support the club as they should, which I will do. But I expect very little with Del Neri at the helm. Marotta is a different story as it is a more difficult task in evaluating the job he has done in the past.
If he gets us in the Champions League spots next season and gets our team moving the ball around like Samp do then I'm happy. I don't expect us to be winning the damm league but I'll be content with top 3 next season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think your being harsh Jack, lets see how next season pans out before making any rash statements.
How am I being harsh? Out of all the possible managers that one can at least try with, we ended up with Luigi fucking Del Neri. Are you really looking forward to seeing him chew gum like there's no tomorrow week in week out?

The only thing that might turn out good from that is Cassano but even that is not sure going to happen.

May 22, 2007

I honestly can't see him doing as bad as Zaccheroni did. At least this guy hasn't been far away from football for recent years of his career.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
How am I being harsh? Out of all the possible managers that one can at least try with, we ended up with Luigi fucking Del Neri. Are you really looking forward to seeing him chew gum like there's no tomorrow week in week out?

The only thing that might turn out good from that is Cassano but even that is not sure going to happen.
I'm not happy at his appointment but I'll judge him how he does next season not on his past. If he manages to get us a Champions League spot then I'll congractulate him.

I can't see him doing any worse than what Zacc and Ferrara have done. Lets see how we do in the Transfer Market then look forward to a new season. I think Del Neri might suprise us but I'm not putting money on it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I honestly can't see him doing as bad as Zaccheroni did. At least this guy hasn't been far away from football for recent years of his career.
I don't see a big difference between the two, really. Both were fired several times and even Zach won the Serie A.

So lets just be honest here... he most likely won't be a major improvement over the managers we have had recently.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
If he gets us in the Champions League spots next season and gets our team moving the ball around like Samp do then I'm happy. I don't expect us to be winning the damm league but I'll be content with top 3 next season.
srsly with a decent mercato we wouldn't even need a coach to finish in the top 3-4
i mean other than inter serie a is dead

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
He can pull a Roma performances and choke here.

--

I don't see why some praise this move. Saying "we'll see how it goes next season" is a weird statement as you're already relying on an average coach to make miracle, since you can't say we'll do good with him. No one is sure that he'll make an improvement means we're gambling once again. I should not point out that we're not in a positions to do such. We have some good individuals but Del Neri is simply not capable of making this team reach it's highest. Whoever think this is a good move is lying to him self. Think for a second and see where are we. We reached the rock bottom one month ago and we're still not moving. With this move we're just stagnating.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I'm growing tired of all this negativity, false judgements based on opinions which are labelled as facts.

Before assuming anything and mark Marotta and Del Neri as a fail, we better support them and our players. Without that, we are destined to fail and as a fan, I don't want that.

So I have full confidence in Marotta and Del Neri unless they prove me different.
:flag2:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

That I can agree with, but not 'Del Neri is/isn't going to do this - fact', because we simply don't know that. We can make an assumption based on his past record and that might well turn out to be true, but it isn't a fact because coaches with average records have done well at some teams whilst others who have signed coaches with good records have flopped.

I see Del Neri as being a similar appointment to Ranieri. The sad fact is that we wasted 2-3 years with this season, we were building well and then just imploded. I think Del Neri's mission will be to get us back to that level of 2nd/3rd and then go from there. I know this is Juve and we demand the best but we also need to be reasonable, a scudetto challenge next season might be too much. I'm thinking that perhaps this building stage is why the board didn't go with a coach like Benitez right away, they thought we would be jumping a stage. We should have made that move for a higher profile coach at the start of the 09-10 season but went with the rookie. Perhaps next summer will be that time, we just can't do with another disaster in the season ahead.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
I am still a bit sceptical about Marotta but we need to give him a chance, see how he spends(or blows) away our 80 mil hopefully he wont spend it on Pazzini..wouldn't mind Cassano unless he can't really do much to our morale lol

He can't buy only Italians..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)