Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Have you guys even noticed how Marrotta has built Samdoria? Almost every player in the squad is Italian. I guess he prefers to build his team with Italian players, too bad there ain't that many good Italians. I guess we should expect some Pazzini instead of Dzeko and Pepe instead of Di Maria.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
Have you guys even noticed how Marrotta has built Samdoria? Almost every player in the squad is Italian. I guess he prefers to build his team with Italian players, too bad there ain't that many good Italians. I guess we should expect some Pazzini instead of Dzeko and Pepe instead of Di Maria.
i spect some primavera players to the first team!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
And an Italian coach :sergio:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
And an Italian coach :sergio:
Yes, hasn't there already been reports about Del Neri prefering an Italian coach?

I'm telling you guys, we should be worried.. I think Sampdoria is the club that has most Italians on their team in the league. That is some fucked up news for us. Now I'm really concerned that Marrotta is going to build Juventus exactly the same way. I just hope that we didn't go from Sucko to Marotta the Azzurri fanboy.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Yes, hasn't there already been reports about Del Neri prefering an Italian coach?

I'm telling you guys, we should be worried.. I think Sampdoria is the club that has most Italians on their team in the league. That is some fucked up news for us. Now I'm really concerned that Marrotta is going to build Juventus exactly the same way. I just hope that we didn't go from Sucko to Marotta the Azzurri fanboy.
Regardless of whether there is an italian bias in Del Neri and Marrotta, they built a team which finished 4th. We have a team that finished 7th...Blame as many factors as you please, but the facts remain. They did MUCH BETTER THAN US WITH MAINLY ITALIANS...

May 4, 2004

That might also have something to do with the money he had to buy players for at Sampdoria.. Let's hope we wont be signing ONLY Italian's..

noussa

Aug 29, 2008

Giuseppe Marotta Confirms Luigi Del Neri Will Quit Sampdoria To Become The Next Juventus Boss
'Gigi’ is the right man for the Old Lady.

Giuseppe Marotta has revealed that Sampdoria boss Luigi Del Neri is set to be announced as the new coach of Serie A giants Juventus.

Marotta has already submitted his resignation as chief executive of the Blucerchiati and will be unveiled as Juve’s new director general later this week.

“Will Del Neri follow me to Turin? Yes, he will,” Marotta told La Stampa newspaper.

“But he has to talk to [Sampdoria president Riccardo] Garrone first.”

Del Neri is expected to meet with the Samp owner today, but his contract with the Ligurians will expire next month and he is said to have already agreed terms with Juve despite widespread scepticism that the tactician is not ready to take charge of a top side.

“Relax, he is ready for Juve,” insisted Marotta.

“Am I worried? There is the right amount of concern, but our efforts will be aimed at restoring credibility to the environment.”

Samp have qualified for the Champions League for the first time in 18 years while Juve will compete in the Europa League next season.

“I am not thinking about that, because I will regain the Champions League with Juve,” concluded Marotta.

di_vladi

Jul 11, 2006
Geez...yeah, I'm sure anybody can manage to buy a player like Kwadwo for 700-800k euros and get his price up to 14mln+ in one season. Building up a team based on individuals? No way, they are a mid table club and that's it.

If Samp is up it doesn't have to mean that they are balanced and leaning towards success because of good transfers.

Pietri made great moves for a team like Parma.
_)_

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
That might also have something to do with the money he had to buy players for at Sampdoria.. Let's hope we wont be signing ONLY Italian's..
I wouldn't mind the old school recipe of an Italian core and foreign SUPERSTARS.

At least the italians know the meaning of the shirt they are wearing.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006

Giuseppe Marotta Confirms Luigi Del Neri Will Quit Sampdoria To Become The Next Juventus Boss
'Gigi’ is the right man for the Old Lady.

Giuseppe Marotta has revealed that Sampdoria boss Luigi Del Neri is set to be announced as the new coach of Serie A giants Juventus.

Marotta has already submitted his resignation as chief executive of the Blucerchiati and will be unveiled as Juve’s new director general later this week.

“Will Del Neri follow me to Turin? Yes, he will,” Marotta told La Stampa newspaper.

“But he has to talk to [Sampdoria president Riccardo] Garrone first.”

Del Neri is expected to meet with the Samp owner today, but his contract with the Ligurians will expire next month and he is said to have already agreed terms with Juve despite widespread scepticism that the tactician is not ready to take charge of a top side.

“Relax, he is ready for Juve,” insisted Marotta.

“Am I worried? There is the right amount of concern, but our efforts will be aimed at restoring credibility to the environment.”

Samp have qualified for the Champions League for the first time in 18 years while Juve will compete in the Europa League next season.

“I am not thinking about that, because I will regain the Champions League with Juve,” concluded Marotta.
Fuck sake :scared:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I for one, am madly happy that we have a man coming into our ranks who knows italian football well enough to construct a team that achieves champions leage qualification...if we get 3rd or 4th next season, I will be happy, for we are presently the 7th best team in Italy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)