Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
There has got to be a change in transfer strategy going forward. Considering we have a POLICY that says we will sell everyone who wants out, we need to make sure we buy players who won't want out. This policy is dangerous because we lose all leverage in transfer negotiations. PSG for example will say "screw you", and demand the same price or say "not for sale". We drive the player to the airport.

If this is our practice: we must buy Italian, and supplement with players who want to play in Italy or show signs of being less tempted by a little bit more money.

Would I be ok with selling players like:
-Sandro
-Dybala
-Higuain
-Pjanic
-Khedira
-Alves
-Mandzukic

and replacing them with players like:
-Insigne
-Belotti
-Bernardeschi
-Verratti
-Pellegrini
-Florenzi
-Donnarumma
-Romagnoli

of course

You can supplement that core with a few foreigners. But domestic players are much less of a flight risk. It also makes the national team much better.
-Rep

I had to, for making such ludicrous and preposterous suggestions. What you posted is absolutely disgusting; total cringe.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

Selling each one of our key players, and replacing them with a bunch of unproven peasants who don't even know what it's like to perform at the highest level (with the exception of Verratti)
+Rep

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Note: I said "like". You don't turnover your whole team at once. I wouldn't want to sell Pjanic and replace him with Pellegrini. That would be stupid. But if I could pocket 140 euro from Dybala, and sign Insigne for 90, I'd do it.

Also:
Insigne, Verratti, Bernardeschi, Belotti, Florenzi are very good players.

Insigne is probably the most underrated player in Serie A.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the problem. 2 steps forward, 1 step backwards. Vultures from the EPL are ready as soon as we smell success. Arguably reaching the UCL final is the worst thing to keep the team together. If we want continuity, there has got to be more of a focus on domestic players...
:lol: might as well bring back giovinco

- - - Updated - - -

Well you don't want to sign mediocre players. You would need to sign the best Italian players. Like you wouldn't put Sturaro in the team for simply being Italian. Basically: What I'm saying is look domestically first, and then if there isn't a player with the characteristics you'd like, look internationally.

For example:
We want a striker: Look at Belotti, if this is impossible, you don't look to Immobile, you look internationally.
We want a winger: Look at Bernardeschi, if this is impossible, you don't look to Stephan El Shaarawy, you look internationally.
We want an AM/Secondary Striker: Look at Insigne, if this is impossible, you don't look to Saponara, you look internationally.
We want a CM: Look to Verratti, if this is impossible, you don't look to Marco Parolo, you look internationally.
We want a CB: Look to Romagnoli, if impossible, don't get Tonelli, look internationally.
We want a fullback: Look to Florenzi, if impossible, don't get Santon, look internationally.
Goalkeeper: Donnarumma, if impossible, don't get Sportiello, look internationally.
You want young talent to come off the bench: Look at Pellegrini/Gagliardini, don't sign another Sturaro, look internationally.
Verratti is the only player that is Juve level. Every one else are Napoli and Roma level players.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Selling Dybala and buying Insigne for €90M...

That's by far the worst suggestion I've read on this board even if it's purely hypothetical.

Insigne

€90M

:ratcafe:

May 23, 2013
I have undying support for Marotta. Though if he sold Alex Sandro it would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Also imo it has to be said he kinda fucked up last summer. Now before anyone goes crazy I know we had a spectacular season til the last 45 mins however that comes down mostly to Allegri's work. The new players did not fit into a 352 and the midfield was especially weak which is why Allegri switched to a 4231 in the second half of the season. Hopefully we can keep most of the squad so Allegri doesnt have to work magic for the third season in a row.

Mar 3, 2014
:lol: might as well bring back giovinco

- - - Updated - - -

Verratti is the only player that is Juve level. Every one else are Napoli and Roma level players.
Insigne is an incredible player - a top 5 player in Serie A. Marotta appears to think Bernardeschi is Juve level too. And you actually wouldn't take Belotti?

If we truly think that the best players in Serie a are that much below us well we might as well give up because that would mean the league is in horrible shape and we will be Ajax in 10 years: fortunately, I'm of the belief that players like Insigne, Berardeschi and Belotti are Juve quality.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Now we are talking about selling Alex Sandro?

''Kick out this :beppe: before he further damages the club.'' I said a while ago.
Brazilian reports claim Juventus are close to a deal for Nice left-back Dalbert, which would free up Alex Sandro for Chelsea.
see Dalbert opens Alex Sandro to Chelsea

vs.

...but the priority right now is to keep the side that reached Cardiff.
see Marotta: 'Juve priority isn't buying'

So, let's see which holds, Globoesporte.com or Marotta.
Anyway, so early in the mercado, so much drama already... :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)