Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I've noticed something about our squad in the last few games which has me a little bit worried.

The sense of friendship between the players isn't what it was. Since the Barca final we have lost a lot of key players but even more big personalities. We don't see our new Padoins celebrating with our new Tevezes and it's worrying because it was a huge part of what made our team so great in that year. Our players now celebrate together but they don't look as happy for each other as they did back then.

Looking ahead most of our leaders will be gone in a couple of years - Buffon, Evra, Barzagli, Alves, maybe even Chiellini while Lichtsteiner hasn't even been invited to come and see our Champions League games. Giorgio will be our next captain and while I love him he's no Alex or Gigi. Claudio will be next and I love him too but he's a different kind of guy and certainly not a world-renowned football legend as we're used to.

I think we may be in for a short lull as a team before a new resurgence with Bonucci wearing the armband. He's got the skills, a growing reputation and he's charismatic too. That sense of community is absolutely crucial and all of these Ferrari fuckboys asking to leave each year have made Marotta's job even harder in trying to assemble a machine to conquer Europe.

Anybody else noticed a bit of a change, or am I seeing dark clouds where there aren't any?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I've noticed something about our squad in the last few games which has me a little bit worried.

The sense of friendship between the players isn't what it was. Since the Barca final we have lost a lot of key players but even more big personalities. We don't see our new Padoins celebrating with our new Tevezes and it's worrying because it was a huge part of what made our team so great in that year. Our players now celebrate together but they don't look as happy for each other as they did back then.

Looking ahead most of our leaders will be gone in a couple of years - Buffon, Evra, Barzagli, Alves, maybe even Chiellini while Lichtsteiner hasn't even been invited to come and see our Champions League games. Giorgio will be our next captain and while I love him he's no Alex or Gigi. Claudio will be next and I love him too but he's a different kind of guy and certainly not a world-renowned football legend as we're used to.

I think we may be in for a short lull as a team before a new resurgence with Bonucci wearing the armband. He's got the skills, a growing reputation and he's charismatic too. That sense of community is absolutely crucial and all of these Ferrari fuckboys asking to leave each year have made Marotta's job even harder in trying to assemble a machine to conquer Europe.

Anybody else noticed a bit of a change, or am I seeing dark clouds where there aren't any?
You're seeing dark clouds that don't need to be considered at the moment... People need to chill right now, wake up and smell the roses. First place in CL group with an easy home game against Zagreb left, first place in the league by 7 points... and that's without Dybala for several weeks now, without Marchisio for the first 2 months of the season, and with a rash of injuries all over the pitch to key contributors.

Enjoy the results. Enjoy the present. Our club has clearly shown it can keep an eye on the future. THat's why Dybala is here, Alex Sandro is here, Rugani is here, Pjaca is here... that's why we have options on so many top young players. Worrying about 2-3 years down the road is crazy.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I have a hard time finding identification or a sense of 'this is juventus' if you know what I mean. Our starting XI consists of a little group I unconditionally love, a bigger group of mediocre to great players I feel nothing about, few despicable players I used to hate but now have to cheer for. 2/3 of the team feel like a foreign objects and don't emanate a sense of unity that the previous sets of players would. Now this is clearly on a purely emotional level but on the pitch we lack the spark we used to have, name it chemistry or whatever. Maybe the team will grow on me, maybe the subhumans Foletti and Grani and Sassi die a painful death and we get to see Marchisio, Pjanic and Khedira for more than 2 matches in a row and it will click. But now we do have problems. Not in Serie A but international top teams that we were supposed to catch up to look like they are playing football from a different planet and we are on the verge of finding ourself in a position where we admit to have not capitalized on CL final 14/15. We need to change our personnel policy and land some good transfers to stay ahead of things.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It bound to happen sooner or later anyway..
It's Beppe and BoD job, to ensure we wont enter a long slumber like Milanese tranny.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
I dont think we can go through what the milanese teams went/are going through because I dont see us going broke.

Whats scary is a man united scenario, where you have many years of success and plenty of money to spend but for some reason cant get the team to perform as a team. I dont think that can happen to us because our management have already proved they can transition between coaches while maintaining success. At United Fergie was doing most of the heavy lifting such that when he left they collapsed. We lost Conte and its as if nothing happened. We have actually good managers in place not just a good coach who is in control of all departments.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
I dont think we can go through what the milanese teams went/are going through because I dont see us going broke.

Whats scary is a man united scenario, where you have many years of success and plenty of money to spend but for some reason cant get the team to perform as a team. I dont think that can happen to us because our management have already proved they can transition between coaches while maintaining success. At United Fergie was doing most of the heavy lifting such that when he left they collapsed. We lost Conte and its as if nothing happened. We have actually good managers in place not just a good coach who is in control of all departments.
Ya...
After 5 years, and still counting of success, it's only natural that teams starting to slowing down..
Besides, can you really seeing us winning Serie A/CL for next 10 years?

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

I think we may be in for a short lull as a team before a new resurgence with Bonucci wearing the armband. He's got the skills, a growing reputation and he's charismatic too. That sense of community is absolutely crucial and all of these Ferrari $#@!boys asking to leave each year have made Marotta's job even harder in trying to assemble a machine to conquer Europe.

I'm really not worried about that. Yes, in the end of the 2018 season there will be a revolution, but till there, we'll not only still have Chiellini, Bonucci and Marchisio, who are the backbone of the club, but also guys like Alex Sandro, Dybala, Higuain, Cuadrado, maybe Pjaca, who will start to exert leadership towards the youngs by that time.

It is very important that these guys remain with the team for some years to build the identity, like Vidal and others did.

Anyway, with Bonucci and Marchisio we'll still be good.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

This squad doesn't seem to have the crazy friendships going on like Bonucci, Vidal, Pepe or Caceres used to have. Maybe we need to bring back our slightly homo butterfly tattoo golf hero, although seems like Evra and D.Alves are trying to fill his spot

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
You're seeing dark clouds that don't need to be considered at the moment... People need to chill right now, wake up and smell the roses. First place in CL group with an easy home game against Zagreb left, first place in the league by 7 points... and that's without Dybala for several weeks now, without Marchisio for the first 2 months of the season, and with a rash of injuries all over the pitch to key contributors.

Enjoy the results. Enjoy the present. Our club has clearly shown it can keep an eye on the future. THat's why Dybala is here, Alex Sandro is here, Rugani is here, Pjaca is here... that's why we have options on so many top young players. Worrying about 2-3 years down the road is crazy.
You're right. Although what I said mainly comes from being less able to enjoy watching us play this year. It used to be every goal celebrated by the whole team including the subs. You'd have Sturaro and Pepe on instagram with Pogba and Morata and Storari going to the Primavera to watch Barzagli play. Those players for the future are amazing, Alex Sandro will be the world's best LB by Russia 2018 (maybe he is already?) and Rugani - Bonucci will be looked upon as Baresi-Maldini mark 2. We've just played a 16 year old in a Champions League game and we've got the best young attacker Argentina has produced this new generation so far.

My point is that they don't seem to really click off the field and that's affecting us on it. Hopefully it will get better I just miss those days.

On the other hand things are going really well for us considering our difficulties with injuries. Fino Alla Fine.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I have a hard time finding identification or a sense of 'this is juventus' if you know what I mean. Our starting XI consists of a little group I unconditionally love, a bigger group of mediocre to great players I feel nothing about, few despicable players I used to hate but now have to cheer for. 2/3 of the team feel like a foreign objects and don't emanate a sense of unity that the previous sets of players would. Now this is clearly on a purely emotional level but on the pitch we lack the spark we used to have, name it chemistry or whatever. Maybe the team will grow on me, maybe the subhumans Foletti and Grani and Sassi die a painful death and we get to see Marchisio, Pjanic and Khedira for more than 2 matches in a row and it will click. But now we do have problems. Not in Serie A but international top teams that we were supposed to catch up to look like they are playing football from a different planet and we are on the verge of finding ourself in a position where we admit to have not capitalized on CL final 14/15. We need to change our personnel policy and land some good transfers to stay ahead of things.
Agree. Cuadrado for example was cool as an extra player, so it didn't really matter that he didn't fit into our identity all that much. Now he's a key player and he sticks out. The foreigner in our first 11 who represents our club's philosophy the best is Mandzukic but he doesn't sprint over to celebrate with other players and when he scores he doesn't have anybody running to congratulate him (except Kean today, that was really cool)

Thing is, though that we have landed some great transfers since that final. They just haven't formed relationships the way we would have liked.

- - - Updated - - -

This squad doesn't seem to have the crazy friendships going on like Bonucci, Vidal, Pepe or Caceres used to have. Maybe we need to bring back our slightly homo butterfly tattoo golf hero, although seems like Evra and D.Alves are trying to fill his spot
Alves is another one who sticks out for me. Great player and he's playing like he wants to win with us but despite his big personality he doesn't really seem to gel, you know?

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Feel the same

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
We should get Pepe back. Everybody loved him. He could mow the lawn at Vinova and hang around with the guys, creating that special slightly homo chemestry.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I am looking at Milan-Empoli atm and i am so grateful at Marotta, all those mediocre Italians he could have got, all those millions down the drain just for bragging rights of having the best Italian talents.
I m so glad that he opted for competition instead of wasted all that cash for overatted mediocrity.
The man has evolved so much, just look at us now! And still modest, as he reckoned that Higuain was the best transfer of his carreer! He is right where he should now and worry not about the CM, thats his speciality, he surely has smth coming!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)