Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Marotta: 'Positive ad for Serie A'

Juventus director Beppe Marotta hopes tonight’s Scudetto clash with Roma can be “a positive advert for Italian football.”

“I hope it’ll be an entertaining match and I think there’s everything required for it to be great fun,” he told Mediaset Premium.

“The two best teams in Serie A, at least right now, are going head-to-head. We hope it’ll be a positive advert for Italian football.

“If we win, then we could consolidate our leadership against the most impressive opponent. The performance is important as well as the result, though.”

Medhi Benatia was expected to start in defence, but instead Daniele Rugani is confirmed.

“We are very satisfied with the choice made a few years ago to invest in Rugani. He is an Italian player and we are seeking Italian talents to reinforce the national identity not just at Juve, but in all Serie A clubs. Rugani is one of the players representing Italian excellence.”

Marotta was asked if he has any gifts lined up for Coach Max Allegri over the Christmas break?

“It’s not easy to find players up to Juventus standard in January. You in the media throw out many names, as is only logical, otherwise the papers would be blank pages.”
Marotta confirming the ultra-nationalist ItalJuve policy is making a comeback :baus:

Thoughts, Dr @Cronios ? ::lol3::

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta confirms “contact” with Zenit St Petersburg for Axel Witsel.

The Bianconeri were close to signing the Belgian midfielder in the summer, but the Russian club pulled the plug on transfer deadline day, with the player already in Turin.

Today Marotta was interviewed on Radio Achi’io Sport and he discussed Witsel and Boca Juniors’ Rodrigo Bentancur.

“I won’t deny that we’re working for these two players,” the director confirmed

“We have a right of first refusal for Bentancur which expires in April 2017 and we’ll redeem him. We won’t sign him in January, but next year.

“Witsel is an opportunity, because his contract expires in 2017. We’ve had contact with Zenit to sign him sooner, and we remain in contact to get the final answer.”

Juve have also been linked with Atalanta defender Mattia Caldara, as well as his teammate Roberto Gagliardini.

“They are two interesting players, and our primary objective is to recruit the best youngsters out there; that’s the recipe for success.

“Having young Italians is essential so they can immediately understand what it means to wear the Juventus shirt. We’re working for that.”
Marotta be putting in work this January.

Apr 9, 2015
Juve have also been linked with Atalanta defender Mattia Caldara, as well as his teammate Roberto Gagliardini.

“They are two interesting players, and our primary objective is to recruit the best youngsters out there; that’s the recipe for success.

“Having young Italians is essential so they can immediately understand what it means to wear the Juventus shirt. We’re working for that.”

This means we will buy them both.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
and still winning trophies
14/15 juventus was our peak in Marotta's era when it comes to squad quality. He brought us there which deserves high praise but we have regressed a little which deserves criticism. I don't see anything wrong in putting it like I did. Of course we have enough quality to win Serie A. The squad is stronger than it was when Beppe was hired but weaker than in 14/15

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I would take this squad over 14-15 squad without any doubts. How can you say we've regressed from our peak when we aren't even half way into the season?

The 14-15 team wasn't expected to reach a final but this team on the other hand is ranked among the best teams in Europe. Big difference.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I would take this squad over 14-15 squad without any doubts. How can you say we've regressed from our peak when we aren't even half way into the season?

The 14-15 team wasn't expected to reach a final but this team on the other hand is ranked among the best teams in Europe. Big difference.
Be my guest
You gave me the same comment in september '15, in winter '15-16, in june and september '16. Please define a date when I can give my judgement and I will hand it in. Because apparently it always 'too soon to tell'
Expected and ranked by whom? Are you talking the public opinion? Our standing? It wasn't that high in 14/15 I give you that. But it has definitely not improved since then. It varies from source to source but overall we are still seen on the same level as City and PSG (and Dortmund by some) We are definitely above in my book but not as far as we could have been if we developed better after 14/15
Que?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
14-15 over this team certainly... at this moment in time. We'll see where we stand by the end of this season. This team has incredibly high potential, perhaps more so than 14-15, but there are some pretty big "ifs" as to whether it can reach that potential. Higuain's big game performances... Injury and fitness problems... Our midfield forming a cohesive unit (and a 4th mid (Lemina) stepping up or being purchased... Khedira's form... Pjanic's mentality... Dybala taking the next step... Licht/Cuad/Alves at RB if we do switch to a back 4...

That's a lot of things that need to go our way for this team to be better than 14/15.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
14/15 juventus was our peak in Marotta's era when it comes to squad quality. He brought us there which deserves high praise but we have regressed a little which deserves criticism. I don't see anything wrong in putting it like I did. Of course we have enough quality to win Serie A. The squad is stronger than it was when Beppe was hired but weaker than in 14/15
Absolutely agree. If he can strengthen the midfield we are golden. :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I think this squad is definitely stronger than the 14/15 version in every area bar midfield. If we could ever manage to sign Verratti and some other top CM, it would be no-contest.
People are ridiculously underrating Higuian and the potential of Dybala, and the difference Pjanic can make.

Watch us tape a major name with the difference beeing made by a corner or freekick

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Be my guest
You gave me the same comment in september '15, in winter '15-16, in june and september '16. Please define a date when I can give my judgement and I will hand it in. Because apparently it always 'too soon to tell'
Expected and ranked by whom? Are you talking the public opinion? Our standing? It wasn't that high in 14/15 I give you that. But it has definitely not improved since then. It varies from source to source but overall we are still seen on the same level as City and PSG (and Dortmund by some) We are definitely above in my book but not as far as we could have been if we developed better after 14/15
Que?
I dint give the same argument. I said the 2015-16 squad had more talent than the 14-15 team and I stand by it. I never said last year's team was better than the 14-15 team. When we are approaching towards the end of the season, only then can we form a strong judgement while comparing the squads but as of now, this is still the most stacked roster we've had in the Marotta era.
Regarding our standing in Europe, do you remember at the same point two years ago, we were struggling to get out of a group comprising of Olympiakos and the likes? Heck the tie against Dortmund was even seen as a 50-50 at one point.
We are in a different situation now and certainly the consensus is that we're just below the elite teams and we do have the capability of beating any of them unlike 2014 where we weren't expected to.
In the end , I'm just saying this squad has more talent and potential. We will just have to wait and see instead of giving a judgement midway through the season. It's just my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)