juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
Benatia + 1st Pjaca installment + Pjanic + 1st Higuain installment = €97m

1st Pogba installment is €52.5m, first Morata installment €15m so we've essentially spent €14.5m.

Add in Isla's €4.5m and we've spent €10m this summer.

Plenty left for a quality Pogba replacement. In Beppe We Trust.

#IBWT

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Midfield is good enough for Serie A, but could struggle in Europe if one of Marchisio, Pjanic and Khedira are out.
Matic or Matuidi look like ideal signings, though I wouldn't mind an attacking midfielder instead.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
Agreeing to sell for 105m probably means we reduced our demands so Raiola can get payed by United. Incredible disappointing how submissive Marotta is when a player wants to leave, it's one thing to let a player go when you get exactly what you want, another one to make compromises to the benefit of the player rather than the club. We should have milked United more or kept him. 105m is a fee we could easily have gotten a year from now, that's a steal for player like Pogba in the age where clubs offer 70m for Lukaku or sign Higuain for 90m.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Agreeing to sell for 105m probably means we reduced our demands so Raiola can get payed by United. Incredible disappointing how submissive Marotta is when a player wants to leave, it's one thing to let a player go when you get exactly what you want, another one to make compromises to the benefit of the player rather than the club. We should have milked United more or kept him. 105m is a fee we could easily have gotten a year from now, that's a steal for player like Pogba in the age where clubs offer 70m for Lukaku or sign Higuain for 90m.
Exactly

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wait.

Beppe has been saying it will take at least 100m offer for us to consider.

Only ManU were serious and Beppe squeezed 110m out of them and he is submissive?

:touched:

I think some members here should stop wasting their talents on an Internet forum and send a copy of their resume to Juventus S.p.A.

OBJECTIVE: "I am currently seeking a medium/experd level sporting director opportunity where I can leverage my years of virtual hypothetical negotiating experience that qualifies me for such a position."

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Wait.

Beppe has been saying it will take at least 100m offer for us to consider.

Only ManU were serious and Beppe squeezed 110m out of them and he is submissive?

:touched:

I think some members here should stop wasting their talents on an Internet forum and send a copy of their resume to Juventus S.p.A.

OBJECTIVE: "I am currently seeking a medium/experd level sporting director opportunity where I can leverage my years of virtual hypothetical negotiating experience that qualifies me for such a position."
Lol

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
Beppe never said anything publicly about fee's. Every trustworthy source that was right exactly on the fee before the official news said two things over the last few weeks:

01.) We demand 120m
02.) The main issue to solve is the agent fee for Raiola

So we demand 120m initially, but in the end only get 105m€. Guess what happened, guess who pay's part's of Raiola's fee indirectly? Juventus. And if Marotta never demanded 120m in the age where he believes paying 90m for Higuain is a good idea, than that makes it even worse. When you sell a player you actually don't want to sell, you shouldn't negotiate, you should have a demand that either gets fulfilled or not. That's how bigger clubs - actual non-selling clubs - handle those situations. Marotta could learn a thing or two on that front.

Selling Pogba for essentially Higuain + 15m/20m is lunacy, especially when you include things like age and marketability into the calculation. The money we made for Pogba is basically already gone. If someone would have suggested that before we actually did it, that person would have been laughed out of the room. But some fans just care about feeling good and deluding themselves for that sake, rather than being justifiable critical of certain activities around the club. That's why not few defended the deal we made for Vidal as they do now with Pogba.

Marotta has overall done a fantastic job at Juve, but his handling of the midfield in the last 12-13 months has been anything but that. Last year we missed an opportunitiy to improve the midfield, after Khedire turned out to be a replacement-player rather than an improvement-player and now we have done the same with thing with Pjanic.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Beppe never said anything publicly about fee's. Every trustworthy source that was right exactly on the fee before the official news said two things over the last few weeks:

01.) We demand 120m
02.) The main issue to solve is the agent fee for Raiola

So we demand 120m initially, but in the end only get 105m€. Guess what happened, guess who pay's part's of Raiola's fee indirectly? Juventus. And if Marotta never demanded 120m in the age where he believes paying 90m for Higuain is a good idea, than that makes it even worse. When you sell a player you actually don't want to sell, you shouldn't negotiate, you should have a demand that either gets fulfilled or not. That's how bigger clubs - actual non-selling clubs - handle those situations. Marotta could learn a thing or two on that front.

Selling Pogba for essentially Higuain + 15m/20m is lunacy, especially when you include things like age and marketability into the calculation. The money we made for Pogba is basically already gone. If someone would have suggested that before we actually did it, that person would have been laughed out of the room. But some fans just care about feeling good and deluding themselves for that sake, rather than being justifiable critical of certain activities around the club. That's why not few defended the deal we made for Vidal as they do now with Pogba.

Marotta has overall done a fantastic job at Juve, but his handling of the midfield in the last 12-13 months has been anything but that. Last year we missed an opportunitiy to improve the midfield, after Khedire turned out to be a replacement-player rather than an improvement-player and now we have done the same with thing with Pjanic.
Separate transactions should be judged separately, the pogba sale could be grand while the higuain a failure, mutually exclusive

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
From this point I would be happy with the following:

Sell Zaza
Buy Gabigol

Sell Hernanes
Buy U-21 with real potential - Diawara?

Keep Lemina and Pereyra. Close Mercato.

If Zaza stays, I would be cool with that too. But it would mean that we would need to sell 1 more mid, which is likely to be Pereyra in that case.

- - - Updated - - -

From this point I would be happy with the following:

Sell Zaza
Buy Gabigol

Sell Hernanes
Buy U-21 with real potential - Diawara?

Keep Lemina and Pereyra. Close Mercato.

If Zaza stays, I would be cool with that too. But it would mean that we would need to sell 1 more mid, which is likely to be Pereyra in that case.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Really need some intimidating physical presence in midfield
A Vidal/ Pogba hybrid would be nice :D

Im trying to think of someone who is a beast that can play ball and shoot as well. Herrera and Matic might be poor versions of this but i cant think of anyone else.

Im suprised Marotta hasn't tried to sign Yaya Toure on the cheap. He could do for a run at the CL this season and as a stop gap replacement for Pogba until someone better become available.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
A Vidal/ Pogba hybrid would be nice :D

Im trying to think of someone who is a beast that can play ball and shoot as well. Herrera and Matic might be poor versions of this but i cant think of anyone else.

Im suprised Marotta hasn't tried to sign Yaya Toure on the cheap. He could do for a run at the CL this season and as a stop gap replacement for Pogba until someone better become available.
I'd question Yaya's hunger to be honest.

Matic is really the only one I can think of that is available, if we cant get him I probably wouldnt sign anyone other than a youngster with potential. Diawara?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I'd question Yaya's hunger to be honest.

Matic is really the only one I can think of that is available, if we cant get him I probably wouldnt sign anyone other than a youngster with potential. Diawara?
I think City sucked the hunger out of him. We might revitalise him thpugh like we did with Pirlo and Tevez. It wont happen anyway so i shouldnt of mentioned it.

I want Matic but i dont know enough about Diawara to form an opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)