Gilberto Silva (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2005
Arsenal star open to Juventus move

17:20 24/11/2007

Arsenal Football Club midfielder Gilberto Silva admits he would consider a transfer to Juventus.

The Brazilian international has lost his place in the Gunners side this season due to the form of Mathieu Flamini, and following speculation Juventus want to take him to Italy, he admits this would be of interest to him.

"Juve officials must know that I don't want to have a war with Arsenal," Gilberto told Gazzetta dello Sport. "If they want me, they must talk with my club and get into serious negotiations.

"I feel disposed towards moving to Italy. I like Serie A, despite the recent events. Juventus are a prestigious club. They have overcome the problems that forced them to come back from Serie B."

fansfc.com

Jul 5, 2005
If Lampard will play to Juve as in Chelsea i don't think that he would be useless. But if he plays to Juve at the same way he played with England then certainly he will be useless.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
What a stupid move from Secco if he manages to get him here. We don't need another defensive mid. We need creativity in the middle. Let's leave the defensive part to Zanetti, Nocerino and Marchisio. They can do the job defensively as good as 31 year old Gilberto. We need some magic at midfield to take us a step above what we are right now.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
What a stupid move from Secco if he manages to get him here. We don't need another defensive mid. We need creativity in the middle. Let's leave the defensive part to Zanetti, Nocerino and Marchisio. They can do the job defensively as good as 31 year old Gilberto. We need some magic at midfield to take us a step above what we are right now.
Gilberto isn't a flashy player but definetly better than Zanetti, Nocerino and Marchisio at the moment, his presence would be felt during the match. But I do agree that we need magic. We need to get a # 10 some one like Zidane or Platini. Diego or Nasri will do.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Gilberto isn't a flashy player but definetly better than Zanetti, Nocerino and Marchisio at the moment, his presence would be felt during the match. But I do agree that we need magic. We need to get a # 10 some one like Zidane or Platini. Diego or Nasri will do.
not enough to make the difference for Juve and write a check to Arsenal IMO.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
G.Silva would be useless for Juve. Lampard too.
:agree:

we have too much players in the midfield, considerations have to be made for the players on loan and we forget we have a player in the same position that is called Sergio Almiron(i know they are completely different type of players but they still play in the same position)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
+ sign Diego....it makes perfect sense...sell Almiron, add some and buy Diego and u will have Marchisio and Giovinco back with Serie A experience...sounds good to me!

we would play something like

Camo - Zanetti - Tiago

Diego

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The Brazilian, who joined the Gunners in 2002 from Atletico Mineiro, has lost his place in the first team this season to Mathieu Flamini and wants to leave.

Although Arsene Wenger has publicly stated that he wishes for Gilberto to stay until the end of the season, the huge wealth of midfield talent coming through at the club, such as Abou Diaby and Denilson, will probably persuade Wenger otherwise.

Juventus are almost certain to purchase a centre midfielder in the January transfer market, and have been linked with numerous top-stars, including Frank Lampard, Rafael Van der Vaart and Diego.

The 'Corriere’ claims that Juve boss Claudio Ranieri’s number one target is Gilberto.

The 31-year-old would certainly be open to the move, while he could also be purchased at a relatively low price.

Gilberto also has a wealth of experience, having played 59 times for the Brazil national team, and having participated at the 2002 and 2006 World Cups.

Gianni Wilson
goal.com.
if gilberto silva comes to juve im going to shove his boot up secco's arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)