Gilberto Silva (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think you're confusing Gilberto for some one else Ahmed..no way does Gilberto have a "good passing range"..my criticism of him is that he can be a terrible passer at times.He's a great tackler with good positioning skills and decent physical ability..but in no way is he someone who has a good passsing range..i'd argue that Nocerino and Zanetti are better passers.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Gilberto Wants To Finish His Career At Arsenal

Arsenal's Brazilian midfielder Gilberto Silva has revealed that he would love the North London club to offer him a new contract that would enable him to finish his career there.

Brazil captain Gilberto Silva has said he is "uncomfortable" with his current situation at Arsenal, but is putting the question of his future to one side while he concentrates on trying to win back his place in the Gunners' first-team.

Gilberto's status at the club has appeared diminished in recent months. He was given extended leave after captaining Brazil to Copa America glory in the summer, but by missing the start of the season he lost his place in the Arsenal starting XI because Mathieu Flamini came in and struck up a partnership with Cesc Fabregas in central midfield that has proved highly successful as the Gunners remain unbeaten in all competitions.

Gilberto has been unable to force his way back into the side as a result.

Meanwhile, manager Arsene Wenger's decision to award the club captaincy to Willian Gallas, after Gilberto deputised for the injured Thierry Henry for most of lasst season, has been widely interpreted as a slap in the face for the Brazilian.

Gilberto was a starter last night in a much-changed Arsenal team that earned an uninspiring 0-0 draw at Slavia Prague to guarantee qualification for the knockout stages of the Champions League.

But for much of this season Gilberto has been on the bench, pondering his future.

His current contract expires in 18 months' time, and he admits he is not sure whether Wenger is including him in his long-term plans at the Emirates. He has been linked with both Juventus and Valencia.

"I don't know. It is not just down to me," he told the Daily Mail.

"It would be great if I extend my contract with the club and finish my career here. We will see if the club has the same feeling.

"I'm not thinking about leaving the club now. I prefer to think I have the [ability] to get back in the team. But my situation is not very comfortable on the bench."

Despite being on the fringes of the first-team rather than at the centre of it, Gilberto, 31, has been annoyed by rumours that he and Wenger have fallen out.

He explained: "This is not true. We have a great respect for each other."

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juve’s Silva trail ends

Arsenal’s Brazilian midfielder Gilberto Silva maintains that he is staying put and not considering a move to Juventus.

The Bianconeri are searching for midfield options, as Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron are yet to truly settle at the club.

Recent Press speculation suggested that the Old Lady were lining up a bid for Gilberto Silva, but that rumours seems to have been scotched.

“I have always said that I am happy at Arsenal and I am not thinking about leaving the club,” the 31-year-old said.

“I will do my job and try my best to get back into the side. If I had a problem I would go directly to Arsene Wenger and speak to him face to face.

“Everyone knows that I’m not 100 per cent happy on the bench, but that’s normal. I respect everybody in the squad, I respect Wenger and I respect his decision.”

Meanwhile, Juve President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli put an abrupt end to gossip suggesting that the Cadetti champions could pounce for Inter loose cannon Adriano.

“We aren’t interested in him,” the Bianconeri chief growled dismissively when questioned by the Press.

channel 4

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
It seems it won't be closed easily:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazil midfielder Gilberto Silva has indicated he is ready to leave Arsenal with Juventus a potential destination.

"Juve are a prestigious club and they have already got over the problems that hit them and have come back from Serie B. I would go to Turin willingly. My contract? I think we would easily find an agreement," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

Reuters

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah its almost on every english site...

Gilberto invites Italian offers

Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva has invited January offers from Serie A after claiming he would adapt quickly to life in Italy and that The Gunners could be willing to sell him.

The Brazil international – who captained his country to the Copa America title in the summer – has long been linked with the likes of Juventus but speculation has grown recently after his continuing failure to claim a first team place under Arsene Wenger.

Gilberto’s summer exertions with his country saw Mathieu Flamini play alongside Cesc Fabregas at the start of the season, and the young Frenchman has excelled ever since, denying a place to Arsenal’s second-longest serving player and a veteran of the 'Invincibles’ season.

Now Gilberto has left little to the imagination in an interview with the Italian press, claiming he would be a success in Serie A should an offer arise.

“I would adapt myself well to the Italian game,” Gilberto is quoted in Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It will be necessary to deal with Arsenal, the agreement will be found easily.”

The 31-year-old has played just 30 minutes of Premier League football since the start of October, and Wenger’s decision to hand the Arsenal captaincy to William Gallas in the summer also led to rumours about his reputed unhappiness in North London.

setanta sports

Arsenal’s Gilberto Rules Out Spain For Italy?

Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva has ruled out a move to Spanish league and is reportedly set to move to Italy as he apparently is getting annoyed with life on the substitutes’ bench in North London.

The 31-year-old Brazilian skipper has lost his midfield place this season to young Frenchman Mathieu Flamini in Arsene Wenger’s side.

“I would adapt myself well to the Italian game,” Gilberto is quoted in Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It will be necessary to deal with Arsenal, the agreement will be found easily.”

Turin giants Juventus are reported to be interested in Gilberto, who has been with the Gunners since 2002.

Brazil boss Dunga also feels Gilberto is better off with a move to the Serie A and had earlier said that the defensive midfielder should move to Juventus.

“I think he is ready for an experience in Italian football and for Juventus,” said Dunga.

La Liga outfit Valencia have reportedly been interested in Gilberto and are ready to offer £10m.

premiership latest

Arsenal will listen to offers for midfielder Gilberto Silva when the transfer window opens in January. (The Sun)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Gilberto: I Want Juve

Out-of-favour Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva has admitted that he would willingly move to Juventus.

The Brazilian star has lost his Arsenal starting place to Matthieu Flamini and is looking for a move away from the Emirates Stadium.

Juventus have long been linked with the 2002 World Cup winner, and it is no secret that they are looking to sign a top-class centre midfielder.

“I would willingly go to Turin,” Gilberto told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Juve are a prestigious club and they have already overcome their problems following their demotion to Serie B.

“I would adapt myself well to the Italian league, however Juve should know that I have no intention of starting a war with Arsenal.”

Gilberto also revealed his admiration for two of the symbols of the current Juventus side; Gianluigi Buffon and Alessandro Del Piero.

“Buffon is the best goalkeeper in the world and it is true that he is a symbol of Juve. Del Piero is a player with large prestige on the international stage. As for me, well I do not have the feet of a Ronaldinho, but I do know how to organise a team,” the 31-year-old concluded.

goal.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
if he can't start at arsenal, we shouldn't go for him. worldclass players only!
Gilberto is very close to being a world class defensive midfielder. Edgar Davids was a reject and couldn´t find space in Milan and when he came to us he became immense. So, your logic doesn´t work very well in this case. No offense, mate.

But to tell you the truth now, I am not so keen on him anymore. He is a short term solution......

zann

SG Juventino!
May 30, 2004
this people rejected the chance when juve came for them. now they find no space in their team and sing praises of us.

what do they take us as?

F OFF!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)