Gianluigi Buffon (26 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Galliani: Oliver was an idiot!
By Football Italia staff

Ex-Milan supremo Adriano Galliani has blasted Michael Oliver for his 'ridiculous’ penalty award to Real Madrid against Juventus, branding the referee an 'idiot’.

Buffon was sent off for excessive dissent towards Oliver after he took issue with the Englishman’s decision to award Madrid a stoppage-time spot-kick, which ultimately knocked Juve out of the Champions League and sent Los Blancos into the semi-finals.

“Juve deserved to win against Real,” Galliani told Corriere della Sera.

“That penalty was debatable, plus it was ridiculous to send off Buffon: it showed [the referee] didn’t understand football psychology.

“In conclusion: the referee was an idiot.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Really, we look like a small club in thid whole Real drama. I know the decisiin is harsh, but we should get over it. Even our managment lost their heads. Think we are trying to use Madrid bad reputation with refrees in Europe, but to be fair this time it was 50/50 call. Most of refs probably wouldnt call this pen but what can you do. Anyway i really dont like our attitude in this case, we dont act as big club should act.
but we have gotten over it, it's not like Juve players mention it daily, all of the public reactions were pretty much over after 2 days. Buffon and Benatia were the last ones talking about it, but that's just because they were attacked for what they said so they had to respond

besides I've no doubt Bayern, Barcelona or ManUnited would react similarly or worse, who are these big clubs you're talking about?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Boca Juniors Coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto confirmed they have “been in contact with Gigi Buffon” for a summer transfer.

The rumours have been circulating for a few weeks, as his Juventus contract expires in June and he hasn’t yet decided if he’ll retire at the age of 40.

Now Schelotto has admitted there is truth to it, or at the very least to the idea of a swansong in Argentina.

“(President Daniel) Angelici told me that they called Buffon to ask if he was interested, but we agreed to speak only after May 17,” Schelotto told Radio Continental.

If he’ll end his career without ever winning the Champions League, SuperGigi could well see out his playing days with the South American version instead – the Copa Libertadores.

That tournament enters the Round of 16 in August and concludes with the Finals in November.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Dont blane him for loss but this could turn out to be his worst season since calciopoli.

First fails to qualify for World Cup.
The Madrid game.
Now potentially lose scudetto.
Coppa against WeAreATeam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)