Gianluigi Buffon (21 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Honestly, yeah that was one of his better performances of the season though, some of those saves were really excellent. It's interesting to see how opinion shifts over a few years, when a player isn't as exposed because of poorly performing club + national team, the majority that have no idea would say he's "passed his best" or "not the same before the injuries" without seeing a minute of a Juve/Italy game. It's amazing to see how a better environment almost completely changes perspective.

Buffon is 34 though, he has time, and there is one trophy he is missing from his cabinet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he needs a new contract next season as well.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Honestly, yeah that was one of his better performances of the season though, some of those saves were really excellent. It's interesting to see how opinion shifts over a few years, when a player isn't as exposed because of poorly performing club + national team, the majority that have no idea would say he's "passed his best" or "not the same before the injuries" without seeing a minute of a Juve/Italy game. It's amazing to see how a better environment almost completely changes perspective.

Buffon is 34 though, he has time, and there is one trophy he is missing from his cabinet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he needs a new contract next season as well.
:agree:

Absolute beauty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)