Gianluigi Buffon (17 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Guys.....just promoting some discussion here....I'm by no means anti-Buffon but what really makes him #1 and what makes him stand out above the rest? I know he's good but what makes him the best. The reason I'm asking is because of how good Manninger plays. I'm not saying that Manninger is better than Gigi, but Juve do not look shakier when Buffon isn't playing. I just can't see what makes Buffon so much better than Manninger. A simple look at last season's stats support this, as Manninger conceded fewer goals when deputizing for Gigi.
I think Sissoko got injured soon after Buffon returned as well.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Why would you discredit Manniger though? He has done great as backup.
Not trying to discredit Manninger. Just showing the difference in class. Manninger is good. Too good to be a back up in fact, but to say he is better than Gig because of a few games where our defense was terrible is ridiculous.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not trying to discredit Manninger. Just showing the difference in class. Manninger is good. Too good to be a back up in fact, but to say he is better than Gig because of a few games where our defense was terrible is ridiculous.
Dude, haha just giving you a hard time seeing as how you like to call me a peasant. I don't take kindly to royalty :shifty:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I don't take kindly to peasants who try to give a hard time to their lords instead of harvesting crops.

Get to work you parasitic good for nothing wachaha.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Guys.....just promoting some discussion here....I'm by no means anti-Buffon but what really makes him #1 and what makes him stand out above the rest? I know he's good but what makes him the best. The reason I'm asking is because of how good Manninger plays. I'm not saying that Manninger is better than Gigi, but Juve do not look shakier when Buffon isn't playing. I just can't see what makes Buffon so much better than Manninger. A simple look at last season's stats support this, as Manninger conceded fewer goals when deputizing for Gigi.

Many factors are in that equation:

1- Ranieri
2- Sissoko, Marchisio, Chiellini, Zanetti ..etc injury.

The way Ranieri played in the last 10 matches of the Serie A was absolutely ridiculous. I remember that just before the Chelsea games we developed a new habit. If the ball gets taken from the forwards noone is to try to stop it except Buffon. We had so many 1 on 1 in the last 10 games.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
From his website, after yesterday's game:

"Alla fine della partita, mi è venuto quasi da sorridere pensando che quando riesco a parare un rigore, non sempre riusciamo a vincere. Vorrà dire che d'ora in avanti non ci proverò neanche più… O meglio, mi limiterò a parare quelli durante i 90 minuti!" :lol:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
From his website, after yesterday's game:

"Alla fine della partita, mi è venuto quasi da sorridere pensando che quando riesco a parare un rigore, non sempre riusciamo a vincere. Vorrà dire che d'ora in avanti non ci proverò neanche più… O meglio, mi limiterò a parare quelli durante i 90 minuti!" :lol:
Ma che dice?
Translate biatch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)