Gianluigi Buffon (29 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Don't Provoke Us Too Much, Buffon Warns The French

Ahead of the crucial Euro 2008 qualifier between Italy and France, goalkeeper Gigi Buffon talked about the controversial comments which have come from the French camp.

Following the numerous provocatory phrases ahead of the highly anticipated Euro qualifier between Italy and France, Italian international keeper Gigi Buffon could not remain indifferent, and did not hold himself back.

"I have great respect for France, but no fear," he said. "When we feel strong, and others try to intimidate us with provocatory comments, our reaction on the pitch is always the best.

"Let's wait for the end of the match to see who is laughing."

On his impression of French coach Raymond Domenech, he said: "He seems like a strange character, I can't say I dislike him because I don't know him.

"But if he really said all those things, I don't think that's really part of his job. He has to educate, not instigate."

He could not avoid also talking about his club Juventus, who on their return to Serie A are on top of the standings with six points after two matches: "For now we are only at the second matchday, we are on top but there are teams more equipped than us.

"Roma-Juventus (to be played on matchday 4 of Serie A) is not a match for first place. We have to win as many points as possible to meet the objective of qualifying for the Champions League."

Danilo Pochini

goal.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the French are really screwed! ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Don't Provoke Us Too Much, Buffon Warns The French

Ahead of the crucial Euro 2008 qualifier between Italy and France, goalkeeper Gigi Buffon talked about the controversial comments which have come from the French camp.

Following the numerous provocatory phrases ahead of the highly anticipated Euro qualifier between Italy and France, Italian international keeper Gigi Buffon could not remain indifferent, and did not hold himself back.

"I have great respect for France, but no fear," he said. "When we feel strong, and others try to intimidate us with provocatory comments, our reaction on the pitch is always the best.

"Let's wait for the end of the match to see who is laughing."

On his impression of French coach Raymond Domenech, he said: "He seems like a strange character, I can't say I dislike him because I don't know him.

"But if he really said all those things, I don't think that's really part of his job. He has to educate, not instigate."

He could not avoid also talking about his club Juventus, who on their return to Serie A are on top of the standings with six points after two matches: "For now we are only at the second matchday, we are on top but there are teams more equipped than us.

"Roma-Juventus (to be played on matchday 4 of Serie A) is not a match for first place. We have to win as many points as possible to meet the objective of qualifying for the Champions League."

Danilo Pochini

goal.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the French are really screwed! ;)
:agree:

I love the subtle hint that Domenech's not doing his job right, whilst not allowing himself to be dragged down to his level and remaining polite .

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Buffon: Soon We Will Be The Best Again :tup:

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has stated that the Bianconeri will soon return to the winning machine they were before the Calciopoli scandal but has warned the fans they have to be patient.

The Turin-giants were relegated for their part in the scandal and handed a heavy point’s penalty. This led to numerous world-class players such as Fabio Cannavaro, Lilian Thuram, Patrick Vieira and Zlatan Ibrahimovic leaving the club.

La Vecchia Signora immediately returned to Serie A at the first attempt but are now beginning to feel the loss of so many high-profile players. Buffon admits it will take time for the Bianconeri to grow again but is certain they will soon become the force they once were.

“The important values of Juventus have remained,” said Buffon. “Throughout our history we have succeeded and excelled because of these values. This year of course we will lose some games but it is not the end of the world, we will soon return to our winning-ways.

“It is just necessary to have a bit of patience and understand that we can’t start winning trophies immediately. The fans should understand that all we need is a bit of patience.”

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Roma nearly signed Buffon

Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gigi Buffon has sensationally revealed that he was mighty close to joining Roma in the summer of 2001.

The No 1 made the claim today ahead of Sunday’s Serie A meeting in what promises to be an intense clash between two of Italian football’s greatest rivals.

“I was very close to signing for Roma when I opted to leave Parma,” insisted the man who eventually joined Juventus for £33m at the time.

“However, [Roma President Franco] Sensi opted to buy [Ivan] Pelizzoli instead from Atalanta as he was younger and on the way up.”

It proved to be a mistake by the capital outfit though as Pelizzoli, who now plays in Russia, struggled to settle at the Olimpico and left for Reggina as a 'keeper who still had much to prove.

Buffon’s future was also in doubt after Juventus’ relegation to Serie B following World Cup glory, but the shot-stopper insists the Giallorossi wouldn’t have been a destination for him in 2006.

“That was never a possibility really,” added Gigi. “Also because at that moment I don’t think that Roma had the finances to make an investment of such a nature.”

Buffon still defends the Bianconeri goal to this day, but he knows he may be kept busy by the Giallorossi in Rome this weekend.

“Roma are favourites, but we are going there to have a go,” he noted. “They are clearly the stronger right now and are playing the best football in Italy, perhaps Europe.

“But we have trained well for a week as we didn’t have any European commitments to contend with which has helped us sort out a few issues.”

The Bianconeri will be looking to collect at least a point after their 100 per cent record this season was destroyed by a shock 1-0 home loss to Udinese last weekend.

channel 4

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Ranieri Praises Legrottaglie and Tiago After Victory Juventus Coach Claudio Ranieri was pleased with tonight’s 4-0 victory over Reggina at the Stadio Olimpico and singled out Nicola Legrottaglie and Tiago for special praise.
Ranieri Praises Legrottaglie and Tiago After Victory

Legrottaglie scored the Bianconeri’s first goal of the game after 48 minutes, while Portuguese midfielder Tiago was making his full Serie A debut after a difficult start to his career in Turin.

“Today we achieved an important victory,” said the Tinkerman. “Legrottaglie is a player who is very strong with his head and in the air. It was only normal that I should put my faith in him for this game.

“Tiago played a fantastic game and Trezeguet showed that he has not lost his habit of scoring goals.”

Ranieri also allayed fears over Gianluigi Buffon’s injury after the keeper was substituted in the second half and says he will play in the derby against Torino on Sunday.

“The team for the derby? Buffon will play. He came off because he had a small injury that we did not want to risk,” revealed the Coach.

Finally the 55-year-old answers questions over Juve’s chances for this year’s Scudetto. “If we look around us at the other teams there are certainly stronger squads out there than us. However we want to win it because the players recognise the value of the shirt they wear,” Ranieri concluded.

Carlo Garganese
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=427157

Good news guys .. nothing to be feared :)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Buffon Returns To Full Training

Gianluigi Buffon has recovered from the knock sustained against Reggina midweek to join full training, meaning that the experienced 'keeper is available to face Torino...

Juventus face Torino this weekend in the Turin Derby with - finally - some good injury news.

Gianluigi 'Gigi' Buffon was deemed doubtful for the clash after suffering a knock against Reggina on Wednesday night, but it seems that the Italian international is ready to play.

The 'keeper rejoined his teammates today for full training and will take his usual position between the posts on Sunday evening.

However, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Mauro Camoranesi and Jorge Andrade all remain out of action, while Jonathan Zebina will sulk on the sidelines after his suspension appeal failed.

Torino may be without Alessandro Rosino, the midfielder suffering a thigh strain earlier in the ewek, but the coach is still holding onto hopes that he can recover in time for the derby.

Juventus, of course, were in Serie B last season, so there were no league fixtures between the sides, while one season prior the situation was reversed.

The last time the two Turin clubs shared a division was all the way back in 2002-03, Juventus finishing top of the table and Torino dead last with just 21 points. (Needless to say, the Old Lady won both matches against 'Toro',)

Torino are doing somewhat better this time around, but there is still trouble afoot, particularly after a poor 2-0 loss at Parma midweek.

Striker Nicola Ventola fumed, "We're angry and upset, as you can imagine.

"But we need to just focus on the derby now, and draw on positives from our recent outings.

"We intend to give as good as we get against Juventus."

goal.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
Gigi gave an interview for La Stampa:

freetranslation:
Buffon: "Bull without victories, better to be suspicious"

Gigi Buffon, how the leg goes?
"Better, it was alone a species of accavallamento of nerves".

A derby is played to any cost?
"It is an entry from the one thousand tastes, but if you are a squad should have spirit of group: if one cannot guarantee 100%, just is outside".

"To the fans interest more the battles with Milan and Inter", Trezeguet said. True?
"In part. Until two years it does it was a correct speech, because the difference with the Bull was notable, and therefore you stretch out always to light rivalry with squads that I am on the yours same plan. Quest' year is different. The Bull has an organic best and for them is l' opportunity to begin to give a sense to the championship, to engage the gear".

The Juve l' already did?
"No. too much soon to do the accounts. we did something in more with respect to what was preventivabile, but there are still 33 entries. However, it is an attractive base of departure".

14 October 2001, its first derby: from 3-0 to 3 equal: thing remembers? "Thumped them on the maroni to divided end. You understand that the derby is a special competition. In the first time, it shows superiority, in the second a drop sufficed d' water in the uninhabited one to give their the office".

To May, Cairo (Toro presindent) settled with the t-shirt a,ti-Juve, with middle finger. "Bad flavor", bacchettò Of del Piero. you?
"Having lived the life of bends I am one of those that not if takes it: clear that in quell' occasion was stigmatized, because he, president, perhaps do not would have had to itself so a lot. But I think that also in the heart of the presidents it the desire to do is us something of large: and then they live all in passionate manner".

Five first years, after a gol, to Maresca broke the horn: farewell all or was desecration?
"Even if the gesture of Enzo was able to be disrespectful, from their point of view, did part of those does that in a derby there can be".

From label, the Bull is the sfavorito that heart puts us and sweat: gives them trouble this exclusive brand?
"To undermine everything that be hung it wants us little, you suffice a big entry. The story says that the Juve was almost always the favorite one. C' is much difference, since the types of the society. But it seems me undeniable that from a lot of years the Juve demonstrator is of to is not second to no as for character and attachment to the knitting".

That hung of Recoba?
"When not c' is I am more calm. From doors, I say that it is the gambler that I would not want ever to have against".

Trezeguet had said: "Rome there will say if we are from badge". L' did?
"Ce we can play it with everything, but hence to be able think to be the equal one with the stronger, a little' ce goes of it".

"Buffon transforms the defeats in balances, and the balances in victories", went out on the Times. The better one hears itself?
"No. And it is the better manner to have stimuli. Of myself always I have pleased a thing. When I confronted myself with other doors, always I thought: "Cabbage, to the fine one I have not much quality more of them". Or rather, of the times I see some entries of C and I say: "I never I did a parade so". I believe it is a good beginning to be able to remain to highs you level".

It is the judgment of a lot: will be not all crazy. "That they say it the other it is the thing that does to be me well. Ever to hear itself the one number: is the moment in which you fall".

An advice to Criscito. "Those they the know-it-alls give them, that me always they given trouble. Already it play Genoa, surpassing a testing ground. And Ranieri did well to defend it".

"Ever more from centrocampista in blue", it swore Some Piero. The prologue dell' goodbye? "I do not know it, because Wings always it a lot was attached to the blue colors. It is doing a lot other evaluations to understand if of it farewell the trouble or no".

After it you Curdle, it burst: "Every time than c' is a harshness against the Juve, even if doubt, are all pleased". "Not not even it disputes, and it comes to laugh me. That it is us a' uniformity of judgment: I do not believe to the badly belief of the wills, but when you hear opponents to say "are always the usual thieves", means that c' is actual a culture. It would not want pits an alibi for the defeats".

I load for sunday? "We will give all, on this not c' is doubtful, but I have also a little' of fear: the Bull has different technical gamblers and seems me weird that in five entries do not have still won".

Gufando is? "No. Exorcising. We hope it win the seventh one".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)