Gianluigi Buffon (25 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Henry should wait 10-15 years then he can get the Liftime Achievement Golden Ball award...poor guy has been shortlisted so many times but never wins it...;)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Zambro hails Golden Old Lady
Wednesday 15 November, 2006
Gianluca Zambrotta is hoping that the Golden Ball is awarded to one of the Juventus players who appeared in the World Cup Final.

Gianluigi Buffon and Fabio Cannavaro are in contention to win the title, while Zambrotta himself, Patrick Vieira and Lilian Thuram are also on the 50-man shortlist.

“The most important thing is that the title is given to a Bianconero,” said the defender. “After all, there were eight of us in that Berlin Final.”

Zambrotta left Juventus in the summer following the club’s demotion, but insists he is happy with his choice of Barcelona.

“I miss my country and that is only natural. Here it is wonderful, but I remain a foreigner,” noted the 29-year-old. “As to the football, I do not miss Italy.

“I still have to adapt completely to my new surroundings, but I am pleased with my transfer. For the time being I have no intention of returning, but you never know what can happen in the future.”

The former Bari sensation also noted that he wasn’t surprised with Juventus’ fine start to the season despite their Calciopoli punishment.

“I hope Juventus will soon return to Serie A. They are playing very well and this does not shock me,” he added.

“The technical value of the team was clear, the only danger was represented by the time needed to adapt to an entirely new environment.”

Jul 23, 2006
Michael_Cutajar said:
Zambro hails Golden Old Lady
Wednesday 15 November, 2006
Gianluca Zambrotta is hoping that the Golden Ball is awarded to one of the Juventus players who appeared in the World Cup Final.

Gianluigi Buffon and Fabio Cannavaro are in contention to win the title, while Zambrotta himself, Patrick Vieira and Lilian Thuram are also on the 50-man shortlist.

“The most important thing is that the title is given to a Bianconero,” said the defender. “After all, there were eight of us in that Berlin Final.”

Zambrotta left Juventus in the summer following the club’s demotion, but insists he is happy with his choice of Barcelona.

“I miss my country and that is only natural. Here it is wonderful, but I remain a foreigner,” noted the 29-year-old. “As to the football, I do not miss Italy.

“I still have to adapt completely to my new surroundings, but I am pleased with my transfer. For the time being I have no intention of returning, but you never know what can happen in the future.”

The former Bari sensation also noted that he wasn’t surprised with Juventus’ fine start to the season despite their Calciopoli punishment.

“I hope Juventus will soon return to Serie A. They are playing very well and this does not shock me,” he added.

“The technical value of the team was clear, the only danger was represented by the time needed to adapt to an entirely new environment.”
we forgot about you, never talk about juve
traitor

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
He was a striker in his early days...good, but not great. Playing in defense at Juve made him the immortal that he is.

How is it Juve's fault, amico mio?

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
How do you really know what happened between ex-Management and Zambro?

Were some of you members of our Board?

I don´t think so, so don´t pretend to be smart.

He WAS betrayed by Moggi, all the hard work he did on the pitch has gone to wind because of "Lucky Luciano" (I guess he´s not that "lucky" now).

He lost his will to play for Juve exactly because of Moggi, so the real "traitor" is Moggi, not Zambrotta.

P.S. Zambrotta was never an attacker, he was a winger always, just in his young days he played more attacking style.

Jem83 said:
by a mile the dumbest thing I've read today

:tdown:
Actually, that´s the smartest thing I´ve read about "Zambrotta case" for now.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
there is a pretty ridiculous bias amongst players who end up leaving juventus.some of them DO deserve the crap that they get from juventus fans,but all of them dont.zambrotta belongs to the latter.i mean,he spent 7 years at the club.he toiled for the club,only to find out that a fatter version of mr.burns got his phone tapped and we ended up in the serie B for the first time in history.its easy blaming him without looking at this side of the story.he's never lashed out at the fan's anyyway,or the players.he was pissed at the management,and to be honest,the previous management DID deserve to be pissed off at after what it landed the club into.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
salman said:
there is a pretty ridiculous bias amongst players who end up leaving juventus.some of them DO deserve the crap that they get from juventus fans,but all of them dont.zambrotta belongs to the latter.i mean,he spent 7 years at the club.he toiled for the club,only to find out that a fatter version of mr.burns got his phone tapped and we ended up in the serie B for the first time in history.its easy blaming him without looking at this side of the story.he's never lashed out at the fan's anyyway,or the players.he was pissed at the management,and to be honest,the previous management DID deserve to be pissed off at after what it landed the club into.
:agree:

Exactly, thanks! +rep

:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)