Gianluigi Buffon (32 Viewers)

Sep 28, 2002
i can perfectly understand why zambrotta chose to leave. he was on top of his game. just won the world cup and bam! serie b. not sure if i stayed at juve in this situation. he does overplay his role as a victim of calciopoli. i liked him more when he was quiet and hardworking.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Fliakis said:
i can perfectly understand why zambrotta chose to leave. he was on top of his game. just won the world cup and bam! serie b. not sure if i stayed at juve in this situation. he does overplay his role as a victim of calciopoli. i liked him more when he was quiet and hardworking.
Well said, Fli.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Cannavaro 'wins' Golden Ball Thursday 16 November, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy and Real Madrid stopper Fabio Cannavaro has won the 2006 Golden Ball, reports in Spain are insisting.

The defender was already heavily associated with the honour earlier this week and more stories this evening are suggesting that the World Cup winner has beaten Gigi Buffon to the award.

It’s alleged that Cannavaro returned to Madrid following last night’s match against Turkey to find a telephone message from the France Football organisers informing him of his victory.

It’s understood that a photographer and a journalist from the magazine are already on their way to the Spanish capital to make a start on their annual feature.

Although there will be no official announcement until November 27, it seems that the Napoli-native will become the first Italian since Roberto Baggio in 1993 to net the honour.

The last 12 months have been unforgettable for the former Parma and Inter man-marker given the success he has achieved.

He won the Scudetto with Juventus before it was revoked, he led his country to World Cup glory and then sealed a career changing move to Real Madrid.

“It’s been a marvellous year, one full of success and triumph,” the 33-year-old has stated. “Winning the Golden Ball would be a dream come true.”

Cannavaro would also become only the third defender to be awarded the title after Franz Beckenbauer and Matthias Sammer.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I don't remember Trezeguet saying that he wanted to leave, if that's what you implied. I know Camo wanted out and that Lyon were interested, but I don't know anything of a formal bid, and I don't think our board would block it had it come. He'd never want to play for such a board, but the fact that he does strengthens my theory. There were plenty of interested suitors for Trezeguet as well, and had he wanted to leave, I'm sure he would have. If players want to go, they go, that's just how it is nowadays. I'm confident all those players who stayed wanted or (more than) partially wanted to stay at Juventus FC.

Our board tried their very best to tie all of our players down to the club but failed with those who wanted to go (the stubborn Zlatan also got his wish in the end) and "succeeded" with those who wanted to stay/were in doubt.

I know I've been pretty harsh on the board ever since they took over, but I will remain adamant in this case until I see an improved financial situation. Just as you know, I haven't written them off.

And I've we're still discussing Zambrotta: I always loved him for his skill, I can assure you. But I took a dislike to his personality almost immediately (does he have one? I've only seen him smile on "trophy hand-out day". His snub didn't shock me at all.

Sep 28, 2002
Jem83 said:
I don't remember Trezeguet saying that he wanted to leave, if that's what you implied. I know Camo wanted out and that Lyon were interested, but I don't know anything of a formal bid, and I don't think our board would block it had it come. He'd never want to play for such a board, but the fact that he does strengthens my theory. There were plenty of interested suitors for Trezeguet as well, and had he wanted to leave, I'm sure he would have. If players want to go, they go, that's just how it is nowadays. I'm confident all those players who stayed wanted or (more than) partially wanted to stay at Juventus FC.
i remember reading trez saying that he wouldve left if it wasnt for the club. they blocked the move. you can take all those articles with the pinch of salt. but then again who of us has daily updates about players' wishes and moods from the club officialy?

Jem83 said:
I know I've been pretty harsh on the board ever since they took over, but I will remain adamant in this case until I see an improved financial situation. Just as you know, I haven't written them off.
but how does the financial situation depend on them? i havent checked the latest financial releases but imo they're doing a decent job. relegation and all that does have the financial impact on the club and even the likes of donanld trump wouldnt solve that without injecting his billions.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Fliakis said:
i remember reading trez saying that he wouldve left if it wasnt for the club. they blocked the move. you can take all those articles with the pinch of salt. but then again who of us has daily updates about players' wishes and moods from the club officialy?
yeah I see your point

Jul 23, 2006
Jem83 said:
I don't remember Trezeguet saying that he wanted to leave, if that's what you implied. I know Camo wanted out and that Lyon were interested, but I don't know anything of a formal bid, and I don't think our board would block it had it come. He'd never want to play for such a board, but the fact that he does strengthens my theory. There were plenty of interested suitors for Trezeguet as well, and had he wanted to leave, I'm sure he would have. If players want to go, they go, that's just how it is nowadays. I'm confident all those players who stayed wanted or (more than) partially wanted to stay at Juventus FC.Our board tried their very best to tie all of our players down to the club but failed with those who wanted to go (the stubborn Zlatan also got his wish in the end) and "succeeded" with those who wanted to stay/were in doubt.

And I've we're still discussing Zambrotta: I always loved him for his skill, I can assure you. But I took a dislike to his personality almost immediately (does he have one? I've only seen him smile on "trophy hand-out day". His snub didn't shock me at all.
juventus fc is a club in belize, its zalayeta's fav club according to fm

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Fliakis said:
ummm... whom himself said on several occasion that he wouldve left the club if the board didnt block the move.

so moggi is still god, cobilli gigli and secco are shite, but its actually them who made sure that serie b was piece of cake so far by not allowing buffon, trez and camo to leave.
Exactly, +rep

Guys, I don´t wanna make enemies or argue all the time, BUT you are wrong.

The only true "traitors" are Ibra and Thuram!

All the others were sold by our Board to stop paying their high wages, so how can you call them "Traitors"?

You are just bitter because you loved them in Juventus and don´t love them in any other Club.

Do you think Camoranesi and Trezeguet would have stayed if our Board didn´t blocked them? I don´t think so, they would both be playing in Lyon now and you would call them "traitors" too.

So, I ask you: WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A TRAITOR?

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Fliakis said:
:agree:

Jeeks said:
Why are we discussing Zambrotta, Cannavaro and any other player on the planet in Buffon's thread?
Why was I warned for discussing Bojinov´s girlfriend in Bojinov thread?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)