Gianluigi Buffon (110 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Mirante: “an honour to be twelfth man to Gigi”

Antonio Mirante had a baptism of fire when he came on against Albinoleffe on Saturday, facing a penalty straight away after the dramatic sending-off of Gianluigi Buffon. “I was sorry to come on in a moment like that, it wasn’t an ideal start. In the end I didn’t have much to do but it was a great experience none the less”. It was the young keeper’s first senior appearance for the Bianconeri. “It was a wonderful feeling but the emotions of the first few minutes soon gave way to concentration”. How does it feel to be the second goalkeeper of a team like Juventus? “It’s an honour to be twelfth man to Gigi, he’s the best keeper in the world. It really is a source of great pride and satisfaction for me”. And how long will it be before he’s making more regular appearances? “I’m young and I still have to improve in all areas. I work hard in training and luckily I pick up a lot from Gigi and Emanuele. I’m really grateful to them for lending me a hand and helping me to get better”. Antonio feels very much at home with the Bianconeri. “Even though I never got the chance to play, I was on the first team bench here three years ago before I left for Crotone. It has always been my dream to play for Juventus and now it’s come true. Coming back here having played in the Primavera is incredible”.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Buffon Might Remain At Juve

The Italian international goalkeeper suggested that he will stay in Turin if the club builds a competitive side for next season.

Gianluigi Buffon has set the ground rules for his possible stay with Juventus for the coming seasons. The World Cup winner said that a strong squad will be key to his decision in an interview with Sky Italia.

"I don't think about the future: I live day by day," he said.

"To have more probabilities of remaining at Juventus there's the need that around me and the others who will remain, there is a very competitive squad. That sure will be the first incentive, however I don't know."

Buffon was also close to winning the Golden Ball award, which however went to his former Juve team-mate Fabio Cananvaro. One of the main factors was probably his decision to stay with the Bianconeri in Serie B, without any competitive European football to showcase his qualities.

goal

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Stephan said:
One of the main factors was probably his decision to stay with the Bianconeri in Serie B, without any competitive European football to showcase his qualities.

goal
This is dog $hit... He doesn't win the golden ball because he shows some noble behavior. Let alone it shouldn't affect it since this award was for Last season's performance!!!!

Geof

May 14, 2004
Buffon is Ad fab
Wednesday 29 November, 2006
Juventus have decided to praise Gianluigi Buffon by taking out an advert dedicated to the goalkeeper in the Italian sports papers.

The Bianconeri thought it was right to honour who they consider the moral winner of the 2006 Golden Ball, assigned to former Juve man Fabio Cannavaro instead, and opted for an innovative solution.

“Your outfit says who you are. The club, teammates, supporters and partners wish to thank Buffon for having been and still being in the future their No 1,” read the copy below the goalkeeper’s picture.

Juventus had already done something similar in the past when Alex Del Piero extended his contract with the club.

However, this latest move is seen as the first in a series of ploys designed to convince Buffon to stay on in Turin.

The goalkeeper was one of the few players who did not leave the demoted giants in the summer, but his long-term future remains uncertain.

The world champion, who has refused impressive offers from Manchester, Milan and Chelsea so far, declared that he will consider the idea of staying with the Old Lady provided that a competitive squad is built around him.

The latest rumours suggested Inter were interested in a swap deal and were ready to offer Adriano plus cash to bring Buffon to the San Siro.

However, Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli rubbished such an option by stating that the player is irreplaceable.

Buffon irreplaceable, say Juve
Juventus want Gianluigi Buffon to stay. “He is irreplaceable,” declared President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

The World Cup winner was one of the players who chose to remain with the Old Lady after demotion to Serie B, but he has not yet decided on what he will do at the end of the season.

Although he recently suggested that he would be prepared to commit his long-term future to the outfit, he did warn that he would need to be part of a highly competitive squad.

“We want Buffon to remain with us,” said Cobolli Gigli. “He is a player who cannot be replaced and we will do all we can to convince him to stay.

“He is asking for a competitive squad? I read his statements and I believe his opinion deserves all our respect. We will talk about this in the next few weeks,” added the Bianconeri chief.

“I am sure there will be plenty of motivation for him to stay, the promotion alone will be a morale booster.”

Buffon was yesterday linked with a switch to Inter who were apparently ready to offer Adriano in return for the 'keeper.

In the meantime, the Turin outfit have suffered another injury blow after medical tests confirmed that Giuliano Giannichedda will be sidelined for another month.

The midfielder has only just recovered from a knee injury, but suffered a muscle strain in training which will keep him out for 30-35 days.

Both: Channel4

Jul 23, 2006
Real Madrid will allow Antonio Cassano to quit the club if he wishes to walk, confirmed sporting director Predrag Mijatovic.

According to Spanish newspaper Marca, the 24-year-old met with director Franco Baldini over the weekend where he allegedly put in a transfer request.

“It’s probable that Cassano will leave Madrid if the player confirms his desire and the club finds a satisfying solution,” said Mijatovic on Wednesday.

“This year we need all of our men, but if he is determined and wants to change then we will consider what the possible options are,” added the former Fiorentina striker.

Cassano, who has a reputation for his fiery character, was recently excluded from the Galacticos’ first team after a bitter row with Coach Fabio Capello, but was then reintegrated.

However, the rift between the player and the club seems too deep to be repaired and the latest speculation suggest a January return to Italy is on the cards.

The Bari-born youngster moved to Real from Roma in a £3.5m January deal and it seems probable that the Merengues will let him leave for a similar amount of money.
Cassano has publicly expressed his desire for a return to Roma, but has also been paired with Milan, Inter and Napoli – although all of those clubs have denied interest in his services.

wanted to mention it here, since im not sure where should i post this kind of news

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Geof said:
Buffon is Ad fab
Juventus have decided to praise Gianluigi Buffon by taking out an advert dedicated to the goalkeeper in the Italian sports papers.

The Bianconeri thought it was right to honour who they consider the moral winner of the 2006 Golden Ball, assigned to former Juve man Fabio Cannavaro instead, and opted for an innovative solution.

“Your outfit says who you are. The club, teammates, supporters and partners wish to thank Buffon for having been and still being in the future their No 1,” read the copy below the goalkeeper’s picture.

Juventus had already done something similar in the past when Alex Del Piero extended his contract with the club.

However, this latest move is seen as the first in a series of ploys designed to convince Buffon to stay on in Turin.

The goalkeeper was one of the few players who did not leave the demoted giants in the summer, but his long-term future remains uncertain.

The world champion, who has refused impressive offers from Manchester, Milan and Chelsea so far, declared that he will consider the idea of staying with the Old Lady provided that a competitive squad is built around him.

The latest rumours suggested Inter were interested in a swap deal and were ready to offer Adriano plus cash to bring Buffon to the San Siro.

However, Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli rubbished such an option by stating that the player is irreplaceable.

Buffon irreplaceable, say Juve
Juventus want Gianluigi Buffon to stay. “He is irreplaceable,” declared President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

The World Cup winner was one of the players who chose to remain with the Old Lady after demotion to Serie B, but he has not yet decided on what he will do at the end of the season.

Although he recently suggested that he would be prepared to commit his long-term future to the outfit, he did warn that he would need to be part of a highly competitive squad.

“We want Buffon to remain with us,” said Cobolli Gigli. “He is a player who cannot be replaced and we will do all we can to convince him to stay.

“He is asking for a competitive squad? I read his statements and I believe his opinion deserves all our respect. We will talk about this in the next few weeks,” added the Bianconeri chief.

“I am sure there will be plenty of motivation for him to stay, the promotion alone will be a morale booster.”

Buffon was yesterday linked with a switch to Inter who were apparently ready to offer Adriano in return for the ‘keeper.

In the meantime, the Turin outfit have suffered another injury blow after medical tests confirmed that Giuliano Giannichedda will be sidelined for another month.

The midfielder has only just recovered from a knee injury, but suffered a muscle strain in training which will keep him out for 30-35 days.

Both: Channel4

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The charming giant seduced the old lady:cry:
i think he is in love with Juve too and he doesnt know it yet:D
men are always anxius to take the final engagement:D

i will now start hoping that he will remain and suffer his possible lose much more:cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)