Gianluigi Buffon (97 Viewers)

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
The dedication to Camo and the others was amazing, it was everything we could hope the players would say in these cases.
Those people deserve our respect, our love and recognition.
:touched:
Thank you for staying with us in Serie b, and helping us get back to our feet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Anyone else felt shivers down their spine when he dedicated the victory to DP, Nedved, Camo, Trez and himself? I almost felt spoken to, personally.
I heard teared up voice, I thought he was teared up, I could hear it in his voice :touched:

Absolutely! When I read that, I knew what a person he is. Not just that, when he also said that he couldn't sleep the past 3 days, thinking about the Lecce incident, that he thought that he could be the reason to take this title away from Juve. Amazing man!! :touched:
Numero Uno!

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Grande Gigi :touched:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffon: I’ll retire when…
By Football Italia staff

Juventus’ Gigi Buffon says he won’t consider retirement until his Italian international career comes to an end.

“I’m 34 and that’s a lot for a footballer, but for my characteristics and my role, that’s not too many,” the goalkeeper stated.

“I’ll only think about retirement when I’m no longer called up to the national side.”

Buffon, winner of 113 caps, is still the Azzurri’s undisputed No 1 and he’s set to soon extend his contract in Turin.

“I’m been in Turin for 11 years, a third of my life,” said the man whose current deal expires in 2013. “I have to thank the club for making me the player I am today.”

Buffon joined Juve in 2001 for a massive £33m after some impressive campaigns at Parma. On Sunday, he won his latest Scudetto in Turin.

“I’ve been waiting for this moment for the last six years,” he added. “This Scudetto is payback for the decisions which I made in the past.

“It was hard to go and play in Serie B [after Calciopoli demotion], but at the end of the day it has proved to be the right decision.”

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Gianluigi Buffon is new AIC vice-president
Following his Scudetto triumph the 34-year-old goalkeeper has been selected to represent the union of Italian football players despite continuing to play professionally

Juventus icon Gianlugi Buffon has been elected to the prestigious position of vice-president of the Italian Players' Union (AIC).

He will join current president and former Roma midfielder Damiano Tomasi, with the pair aiming to change the image of players in Italy.

"The players know they are role models for many people, but often lack the tools to become ambassadors of a positive message," Tomasi told Ansa.

Buffon, who reclaimed his position as the Old Lady's number one this season and helped guide his side to a 28th official league tittle, added his own sentiments.

"I think there are foundations to relaunch the image of football altogether."

Over 2,000 professionals are linked to the union that will now be represented by the World Cup and three-time Scudetto winner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)