Gianluigi Buffon (17 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Manninger is a bit shaky. I miss Buffon's commanding presence. However, our defense was great lately, allowing Manninger to not have to do much, which is a good thing but on the other side, I am not sure if Manninger could cope with a heavy artillery on our goal...

P.S. Buffon should be back by the end of December...
yeah specially in madrids game, u could tell he was frightened but i guess thats alright considering the entire team was finding its way back to wining

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Yeah, let's cash in on Buffon and use the money on two fullbacks + Benzema while we keep Manninger. :party:

I might have to declare that wasn't serious...
Slowly there. Unfortunetly, few ppl here know how analyse things reasonnably.
I meant that Manninger did a very good job and that made me forget about buffon.
I think not every team has the priviliege to have Two goalkeepers of that level.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I miss him a lot yo. My all time 2nd fav player. I have a suspicion that he's become a lil injury prone, no?

I hope he plays at least 10 more seasons with us :xfinger:

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
great video...the last 2 minutes...that was the second time i was upsed and angry on him(cuz he stopped mutu's penalty). The first time was that goal taken from luis garcia

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
hmm I have never been dissapointed/angry with Gigi, cause I always believe (righteously probably), that if Buffon didn't save it, it's simply unsavable.

PS He did fuck up once tho, in 2004-05 season, Atalanta-Juve, we're leading 2-0, Thuram made a back pass, and Gigi totally failed to control the ball, it went in, OG Thuram :D Even then I just smiled lol

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
εℓ niño;1797704 said:
PS He did fuck up once tho, in 2004-05 season, Atalanta-Juve, we're leading 2-0, Thuram made a back pass, and Gigi totally failed to control the ball, it went in, OG Thuram :D Even then I just smiled lol
that was the last match in that season no?...and we won the scudetto?..tell me if i am mistaking the game pls :)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
εℓ niño;1797704 said:
hmm I have never been dissapointed/angry with Gigi, cause I always believe (righteously probably), that if Buffon didn't save it, it's simply unsavable.

and the clanger against Chievo...he dropped a corner, fell to a Chievo striker

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon has revealed that he battled depression during the 2003-04 season.

Buffon is the latest Serie A star to release an autobiography, titled 'Numero Uno', and extracts have been published in La Stampa.

Surprisingly, Gigi has confessed that he considered quitting the game five years ago - a season that ended with defeat to Milan in the Champions League Final - due to depression.

“Was it because of fame or money? There were thousands of reasons,” Buffon writes.

“Maybe you realise that you can't find the right woman or you fail to win the Champions League.

“I went away for two months to receive treatment and to cure the depression.

“Every time I fail to make a save this thing tries to come back, but you can't go away every three months to cure it.

“I don't have any regrets at all, but I started my life in football when I was just 17 and maybe I didn't live my youth as I wanted.”

Juventus face Genoa at the Stadio Olimpico this evening, but Buffon is currently injured so Alex Manninger will continue to fill in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy shit, who would've thought Gigi has had mental issues?
He's like the happiest guy on the team, never loses his cool.
Well, I'm pretty sure the WC medal, and Alena successfully ended all of his thoughts of depression ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)