Gianluigi Buffon (116 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I still doubt he's going to continue as a player. Especially if he only wants to play at a big club. He's 40 years old, he's had a brilliant career and his decline this season was there for all to see. In my opinion he's risking a lot by going on for another year. On the other hand, he probably doesn't care. I guess he likes playing football and wants to try and win just one more trophy. If that's the way Gigi sees it, I'd honestly be very happy for him if PSG or Arsenal or some other semi-big team would offer him another season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You know, for execptions like buffon and dp, it shoudnt be just about age and business. If agnelli really wanted, he could have offered one more year as 2nd keeper or something. But im very sure he went straight to the point about the managerial role and buffon understood the message.

On the other hand, i really think its time for him to retire. He had a great season for a 40 years old, and i hope his decition to go to another team with an unkown defense doesnt backfire, and he ends receiving way too many goals for his standards,

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
https://www.football-italia.net/121539/lucy-oliver-reveals-threats

has anyone here ever done this? sent threats to a referees wife? it just seems like such a pointless and angry thing to do, surprised to see there are so many, some of whom spent time looking for her contact information
I doubt that`s what happened. It`s way more possible and plausible that she`s just another attention w h o r e, I understand spaming her twitter for a while, If I had a twitter I would probably also tell her that her husband is a p u s s y and a joke of a man, but that`s about it. We`re not nipple`s fans, We dont attack women and children... :D

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I doubt that`s what happened. It`s way more possible and plausible that she`s just another attention w h o r e, I understand spaming her twitter for a while, If I had a twitter I would probably also tell her that her husband is a p u s s y and a joke of a man, but that`s about it. We`re not nipple`s fans, We dont attack women and children... :D
dunno, I don't see the point in that, I understand letting Oliver know that you were not satisfied with his performance or that you believe he's a filthy pig, but what his wife has got to do with this? :D

right after the game media was talking about them receiving death threats and what not, while here she mostly complains about a person insulting her husband outside of their house, her twitter being spammed and journalists harassing her, could be true that the whole thing was blown out of proportion by media. I mean that's still a bad experience to go through, but most of "famous" people get this kind of abuse from haters and journalists, part of the job

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
@AFL_ITALIA Are you sure that those exact things happened? Do you think that it`s possible some of those statements are a liiiitle exagerated? She`s a woman after all...

“Then someone came to my house and shouted 'Your husband is a [expletive]’ through the letterbox. I was in the house on my own, I could see those Tweets, then I heard that. I was crying my eyes out and had to call the police."

“I was being approached by national reporters all the time, all the time. They don’t tend to take no for an answer. I had to contact the Premier League to ask for a few journalists in particular to back off because they were trying to contact me through work, personal circles, social media and family. One of them even contacted a place where I carried out consultancy work about two years ago for the Youth Sports Trust and asked them to get in touch with me. I thought 'This is just getting ridiculous, I’m not going to comment"

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
@AFL_ITALIA Are you sure that those exact things happened? Do you think that it`s possible some of those statements are a liiiitle exagerated? She`s a woman after all...

“Then someone came to my house and shouted 'Your husband is a [expletive]’ through the letterbox. I was in the house on my own, I could see those Tweets, then I heard that. I was crying my eyes out and had to call the police."

“I was being approached by national reporters all the time, all the time. They don’t tend to take no for an answer. I had to contact the Premier League to ask for a few journalists in particular to back off because they were trying to contact me through work, personal circles, social media and family. One of them even contacted a place where I carried out consultancy work about two years ago for the Youth Sports Trust and asked them to get in touch with me. I thought 'This is just getting ridiculous, I’m not going to comment"
:sergio:

I'm guessing you were one of those who harassed her.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
he had a talk with Agnelli, who offered him a role off the pitch, read his press conference
Dude, Buffon himself said that he already considered himself an ex-player 15 days ago. He also said that Juve is a serious club and needs to think ahead and he doesn't consider himself bigger than the club. For me it's clear that Buffon notified Juve he's done as a player when the season ends but started to have doubts recently.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Of course that's what happened. It's the internet.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Jesus fucking christ, you are an idiot.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'll tell you what's the difference between Totti and Del Piero since you gave an example few pages back.

Totti's kept renewing his Roma's contract until he was 40 years old and played his last match.

Thing is Ale did want to play for one more year and indirectly asked for that when he even said he'd sign another blank contract and play one more season for Juve and he was already on a huge pay-cut, Conte and Agnelli mainly didn't want him probably because his influence and authority in-between the fans is more than anyone and they thought it would be best to not renew his contract.

Del Piero was 38 when he left for Sydney, I'm pretty sure had Spalletti pushed Totti out at 37-38 he would have played at least one or two more years abroad.

Agnelli should have acted like a gentleman for a man and a legend who gave everything for the club and was the first to commit himself to Serie b, if he asked for one more year just give him that because at the end even if Conte is stupid he can't have the likes of Anelka, Bendtner, Matri,and be convinced that they'd give the team more than Alex but like I said I think it was personal.

However, his fair share time at Sydney wasn't bad, after almost 20 years at Juve he wanted to try something different and looking at the circumstances and how he was the biggest legend to play in Australia, it's more than fine in my book.

Don't be so defensive.

All I said was, I think it looks better when someone ends his career at the highest level. Especially when he has played his entire career at one club. That he went to Australia I can somewhat understand. India was just about the money though.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.football-italia.net/121539/lucy-oliver-reveals-threats

has anyone here ever done this? sent threats to a referees wife? it just seems like such a pointless and angry thing to do, surprised to see there are so many, some of whom spent time looking for her contact information

You'd have to be a fucking moron to threaten a referee over a football game. And in writing too. But there are a lot of morons around, so I'm sure she's speaking the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)