Gianluigi Buffon (117 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
More then the on the pitch quality, what we lose aside from his leadership, is his star power. Juve has been synonymous with Buffon for a long time and currently Dybala is the only one in our squad who can come close to matching his star power.

Its going to pretty weird without him around next season, thats for sure. We will miss his presence, not so much his GK ability.
We will miss him for sure, but that was much more the case with Del Piero.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Grazie legend :delpiero:

He is clearly being pushed out :sigh:
How is he being pushed out?

It’s clearly his decision, he feels it’s the right time to stop at Juventus, as it wouldn’t be fair for a (clearly) declining player to cling on for another season or two, when a currently superior player is ready and waiting.

Whether he plays somewhere else or retires has nothing to do with him being pushed out. This was his decision.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Whatever happens, #neverforget

Veronica Buffon (Gigi's sister) "I will always remember the Serie B title, because we were together when we heard the news & I asked him: which club are you going to next year? And he instantly said: Nowhere, I'm staying at Juventus. He could have went to any club in the world."

Q: Is it true, that as soon as it was announced that the team would play in Serie B, Buffon called you and confirmed his stay at Juventus?
Alessio Secco "It's true, it's exactly what happened. We should never forget what he did for Juventus."

[video=twitter;996636864860782593]https://twitter.com/ADP1113/status/996636864860782593[/video]

And now this Perin will soon replace him.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015

It’s clearly his decision, he feels it’s the right time to stop at Juventus, as it wouldn’t be fair for a (clearly) declining player to cling on for another season or two, when a currently superior player is ready and waiting.

Whether he plays somewhere else or retires has nothing to do with him being pushed out. This was his decision.
You're right :tup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

I dont buy it.
If he accepts another top team offer, is clear as water, he was not ready to retire or abandon juve.

IMO he is getting delpieroed. Otherwise he would have played his last game with us. Theres no reason for him to go to psg if he still feels competitive. Most likely andrea did his thing and let him clear what was going on, so buffon decided to step down, but would continue playing as he didnt wanted to retire yet

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I dont buy it.
If he accepts another top team offer, is clear as water, he was not ready to retire or abandon juve.

IMO he is getting delpieroed. Otherwise he would have played his last game with us. Theres no reason for him to go to psg if he still feels competitive. Most likely andrea did his thing and let him clear what was going on, so buffon decided to step down, but would continue playing as he didnt wanted to retire yet
I don’t buy that.

Andrea Agnelli and Gigi are very, very close friends. IIRC Buffon is the godfather to one of Andrea’s children. Gigi is just doing the logical thing. He’s leaving so Allegri doesn’t have to make the tough choice and relegate him to the bench next season.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't think Gigi is being pushed out by Andrea, I think he's being pushed out by the public, most Italy and Juventus football fans can't get over him being 40yo, if he stayed for one more season at Juve, he would have been judged three times as hard and the moment he made a mistake people would've thrown his passport in his face, accused him for using his legendary status to bench Woj and piled pressure on Allegri, it already happened this season in smaller proportions. If he goes elsewhere, he can expect being given the benefit of doubt.

enzo

May 14, 2012
I dont buy it.

I think it's far more complex than that. As he said himself: two weeks ago he was confident he would retire. As it looks, as soon as he was serious about leaving Juventus, other clubs have made him offers. This made him think, maybe it's not yet time to retire.
I doubt anybody forced him out, but, as I would enjoy staying him and play another season, I also believe he is having a hard time accepting his age. I don't wanna say he is old and less solid, but everybody has to retire one day. And in my opinion it should happen when you're still at the top.

Begs the question if he would succeed at another club. And if not, how he would deal with it.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Whether or nor Buffon retires, it was tiem for him to retire here as a player. The games against Spurs and Real perfect examples hereof.

Tiem to build and establish a new culture with new leaders. This is a project Buffon wouldn't be beneficial to.

[Hopefully] Buffon will return one day in a non-playing role, until then it's better for Juve and Buffon to go separate ways.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt anybody forced him out, but, as I would enjoy staying him and play another season, I also believe he is having a hard time accepting his age. I don't wanna say he is old and less solid, but everybody has to retire one day. And in my opinion it should happen when you're still at the top.
:agree:

But he is old and less solid. Nothing wrong in saying that. It's reality.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
But he is old and less solid. Nothing wrong in saying that. It's reality.

It's painful because Buffon was one of the best keepers in the world just last year. And 2-3 years ago I thought he was still the best. His decline this season however was really obvious, even if his experience and passion have been beneficial to our team at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)