Gianluigi Buffon (117 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Gazzetta, Corsport, Tuttosport & La Stampa suggest that PSG have proposed Gigi a 2-year deal worth €7m-€8m net. They also link Gigi to Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City & Liverpool.

Le Parisen and L'Equipe say that PSG have contacted Gigi & proposed to sign him.

- - - Updated - - -

We will miss him for sure, but that was much more the case with Del Piero.
Since DP left i mean.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Gazzetta, Corsport, Tuttosport & La Stampa suggest that PSG have proposed Gigi a 2-year deal worth €7m-€8m net. They also link Gigi to Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City & Liverpool.

Le Parisen and L'Equipe say that PSG have contacted Gigi & proposed to sign him.
Ugh, this is gonna suck.

I just hope the Pole won't let us down. :xfinger:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What annoyed me about Del Piero was precisely that he played abroad. I understood his idea behind it: he basically wanted to get to know Australia and he said he wanted his kids to grow up speaking English. His motives were fine. But I think it looks better when a player finishes his career at a top club. Del Piero playing for Sydney was kind of ridiculous.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

I'll tell you what's the difference between Totti and Del Piero since you gave an example few pages back.

Totti's kept renewing his Roma's contract until he was 40 years old and played his last match.

Thing is Ale did want to play for one more year and indirectly asked for that when he even said he'd sign another blank contract and play one more season for Juve and he was already on a huge pay-cut, Conte and Agnelli mainly didn't want him probably because his influence and authority in-between the fans is more than anyone and they thought it would be best to not renew his contract.

Del Piero was 38 when he left for Sydney, I'm pretty sure had Spalletti pushed Totti out at 37-38 he would have played at least one or two more years abroad.

Agnelli should have acted like a gentleman for a man and a legend who gave everything for the club and was the first to commit himself to Serie b, if he asked for one more year just give him that because at the end even if Conte is stupid he can't have the likes of Anelka, Bendtner, Matri,and be convinced that they'd give the team more than Alex but like I said I think it was personal.

However, his fair share time at Sydney wasn't bad, after almost 20 years at Juve he wanted to try something different and looking at the circumstances and how he was the biggest legend to play in Australia, it's more than fine in my book.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Why? We as a club clearly don't want him to remain here as a player, so it's not like he's trading Juve for someone, he doesn't have Juve option anymore
I meant to write a bit
I know it's irrational and buffon has earned every right to do what he pleases but it would just hurt a bit

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I'll definitely miss him, he been around ever since i've been an Juventus fan, it will take some time to get used to him not being around anymore but that's how it goes in this sport, atm i'm just happy he had the chance to sign off as an champion!

Oh, and tbh what he will do from here on shoudn't really concern us too much, if he feels that he could still play on at his age then seeking a new challenge is understandable and i'm absolutely ok with it as long as he doesn't move to one of our historical rivals(be it in italy or in europe), afterall it's almost a guarantee that sooner or later he will eventually return in a management role, his name will always be associated with the Juventus brand regardless of what he'll choose and i'm sure he knows/respects that aswell.

LEGEND!

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I meant to write a bit
I know it's irrational and buffon has earned every right to do what he pleases but it would just hurt a bit
well yeah, to each his own. me personally, I'd be happy for Gigi if he went on another experience and it went well for him, don't have any particular feelings towards Pool or PSG and I do feel immense gratitude for what Buffon has done for this club over the years, from going to Serie B to taking over captains armband from Del Piero with such class

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I love him. Time to move on and IMO PSG propose sucks for us but is very reasonable: Buffon would be their leader from the first minute and they need one and say no to your last big bid check isn't easy so we'll see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)