Gianluigi Buffon (12 Viewers)

enzo

May 14, 2012
What annoyed me about Del Piero was precisely that he played abroad. I understood his idea behind it: he basically wanted to get to know Australia and he said he wanted his kids to grow up speaking English. His motives were fine. But I think it looks better when a player finishes his career at a top club. Del Piero playing for Sydney was kind of ridiculous.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
You have problems... :rolleyes:

alex :heart:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
And Buffon played for Parma (1995-2001) and Juventus (2001-2018)
Either you're very lucky to start and keep going on a big team or it's very rare to be a one man team for your life.

Totti has been pretty stupid imo. At his peak he could've gone anywhere and win a Ballon d'Or and many international trophies.
In the end he refused and won a scudetto and 2-3 coppa Italia

Honestly the perfect ending of Buffon story at Juventus would be him going on for one more year.
Surpass Maldini and stop as Main Keeper at Juventus after 18years being here with a Young and Talented Kid that would replace him after he said his goodbye.

Instead Juventus has been preparing for this since 2years.
First Neto and now Szczesny

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And Buffon played for Parma (1995-2001) and Juventus (2001-2018)
Either you're very lucky to start and keep going on a big team or it's very rare to be a one man team for your life.

Totti has been pretty stupid imo. At his peak he could've gone anywhere and win a Ballon d'Or and many international trophies.
In the end he refused and won a scudetto and 2-3 coppa Italia

Honestly the perfect ending of Buffon story at Juventus would be him going on for one more year.
Surpass Maldini and stop as Main Keeper at Juventus after 18years being here with a Young and Talented Kid that would replace him after he said his goodbye.

Instead Juventus has been preparing for this since 2years.
First Neto and now Szczesny

I'm not criticising Del Piero's career. Far from it. But getting a quick payday in foreign leagues is not something to be particularly proud of. I'm okay with Ale having done so, but I don't understand why I should admire him for it. He basically whored himself out for two seasons. Which is fine, everyone does it, but it is what it is.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
What a legend, icon, idol, hero. Thank you for everything Gigi. I hope you retire instead of going to another big club, i don't want to think of you as anything but a Juventus leader. That said, anything you decide I could never begrudge you, grazie Superman.

Wow, this is my first post here since 2015. I think that in itself shows the respect i have for this champion. Forza Gigi!

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Thank you Gigi for all these years.

In times when players run for money like little whores, there aren't many like you.

A true gentlemen and hero.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Totti played for AS Roma.

Del Piero played for Padova, Juventus, Sydney and Delhi Dynamos.

It just doesn't look pretty.
No one cares about this. He went to Serie B with us, he inspired others to do so as well.
He could win CL for Inter and no one would care.

DP, Gigi and Nedved can do no wrong.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No one cares about this. He went to Serie B with us, he inspired others to do so as well.
He could win CL for Inter and no one would care.

DP, Gigi and Nedved can do no wrong.

Of course. I don't care all that much about it either. I'm just saying that if I got to choose, I'd like it better if Buffon just quit.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i still remember peruzzi and van der sar (...), but buffon is like the eternal juve keeper. in '01, i drove a car like this:

17 years at a single club... insane. i hope he'll accept agnelli's offer and stays with us in whatever role.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not criticising Del Piero's career. Far from it. But getting a quick payday in foreign leagues is not something to be particularly proud of. I'm okay with Ale having done so, but I don't understand why I should admire him for it. He basically whored himself out for two seasons. Which is fine, everyone does it, but it is what it is.
:tup:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I just don't want him to keep playing on if he's not a top class keeper anymore (which seems to be the case). People will judge him against his former level which will inevitably lead to him being criticised and ridiculed. I want when he retires for people to remember him a keeper who was always one of the best.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
To be fair he did a lot for the a league down here

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
To be fair he did a lot for the a league down here
Maybe. You know, it's not that I'd ever hold it against him. Far from it. But aesthetically I think it always looks better when you quit at the top of your game. Like Zidane or Usain Bolt for example. Del Piero still had a meaningful role for us in the 2011-12 season, I'd have liked it if he just quit back then. Especially as he was already 37. Now it was sort of weird because you have this huge goodbye, but then he goes on to play for some other team.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
So....he stayed with us in Seria B which was in a period when he was still "a youngster" GK-wise, and now some people will get mad if he leaves us and plays for a different club when he is 40? Fuck that, he can do whatever he wants ,he is Buffon. Anything except going to a rival Italian team, that would be just plain dumb and dissrespectful but i dont he would do such a thing. If he wants EPL or Primera, then power to him, he will enjoy the new challenge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)