Gianluigi Buffon (50 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So....he stayed with us in Seria B which was in a period when he was still "a youngster" GK-wise, and now some people will get mad if he leaves us and plays for a different club when he is 40? Fuck that, he can do whatever he wants ,he is Buffon. Anything except going to a rival Italian team, that would be just plain dumb and dissrespectful but i dont he would do such a thing. If he wants EPL or Primera, then power to him, he will enjoy the new challenge.
I hope that one day you will be able to read and understand entire sentences.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Fact is he did more or less confirm he won't be going to Australia or the US:

"Si tratta di sfide stimolanti che valuterò senza lasciarmi trasportare dall'esaltazione del momento. Di certo non voglio finire la carriera in campionati di terza e quarta fascia, sono un animale da competizione, lì non potrei vivere. Se decidessi di continuare sarebbe solo per grandi traguardi" (https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Seri...a-giocare-italia-non-resto-270164748712.shtml)

So it's not entirely unlikely PSG did make him an offer imo.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
You never know

PSG has the squad to win a CL.
But not the mentality nor the prestige... Every year them and MC say they're going to win the CL, it has been like 6 years. Money can't buy you history or values, it's in the club's DNA. It's still a long way for PSG before they become "big".

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's a ridiculous rumour, French football websites and magazines (the credible ones) aren't announcing anything, it's just a bad rumour. I don't see him following the steps of someone like Dani Alves.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Maybe. You know, it's not that I'd ever hold it against him. Far from it. But aesthetically I think it always looks better when you quit at the top of your game. Like Zidane or Usain Bolt for example. Del Piero still had a meaningful role for us in the 2011-12 season, I'd have liked it if he just quit back then. Especially as he was already 37. Now it was sort of weird because you have this huge goodbye, but then he goes on to play for some other team.
Yeah I get what you mean, Platini is another to add to that list

Listening to the interview it sounds like Gigi wants to play on

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He's basically said that he isn't sure if he will retire or start a different career

Essentially he has decided that this will be his last season at Juve because it is the right time for us to look to the future and thinks it would be selfish to continue till he becomes a burden

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
So then why is he? Don’t give me that bs about being forced out
Why is he what? Buffon doesnt want to retire.

Its not about forced out. He shouldnt start here at 41. The polak is possibly better keeper now cause he is prime.

I think some fans here are romantics. What did u expect the management to do? We cant wait till he has massive decline. We already have settled options to take over.

We are talking here about a player who turns 41 next jan.

Mentally one can already question Buffon. The way he was admiring Ronaldo when he humiliated him. Where was the grinta. Instead he accepted being inferior.

The fear factor is gone. We conceded 12 goals in europe this season. And Szeszny played in the group game we kept clean sheet.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
He's basically said that he isn't sure if he will retire or start a different career

Essentially he has decided that this will be his last season at Juve because it is the right time for us to look to the future and thinks it would be selfish to continue till he becomes a burden
Ok this I can get behind. Not the being forced out crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)