Genres YOU LISTEN TO (Majed had a serious comprehension problem here) (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
true, but thats how it is over here. if u listen to rap/rnb u gotta dress, walk, talk everything a certain way...
well if you want to make bold statements, you should be a bit more specific and mention that it's only where you live.

BTW, where do you live?! if it's in the USA, your wrong!

most people i know listen to rap and non of them dress like a lot of rappers do.

:fero:

sorry, but even if you live in Mars, i doubt what you said is true.
u need to stay away from generalized statements like the one you just made :groan:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Next time, say that it's your little community so you won't affend or make judgements about Millions of other people.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
im sure it applies in a lot more than just my community.....no. I KNOW that.

i live in a suburban area with rich white suburban kids. its about 60% white, 25% blacks and the rest indians, chinese etc.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #27
    So tell me how I have to dress, Lacki :D

I somehow doubt it will fit in my budget...

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    does "eclectic alternative piano pop" count as a genre? cuz if so, that's my favourite - ben folds, tori amos, the whitlams etc

i have a friend who calls me a 'wigga', because once he caught me dancing around to missy elliot
    i suppose he's allowed to use that term cuz he's black. i'm not a big fan of the word (but somehow it's funny when applied to me, being the clean-cut goody-two-shoes too-pale white girl i am)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
    does "eclectic alternative piano pop" count as a genre? cuz if so, that's my favourite - ben folds, tori amos, the whitlams etc

i have a friend who calls me a 'wigga', because once he caught me dancing around to missy elliot
    i suppose he's allowed to use that term cuz he's black. i'm not a big fan of the word (but somehow it's funny when applied to me, being the clean-cut goody-two-shoes too-pale white girl i am)
    maybe that guy was laresca :groan:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    im sure it applies in a lot more than just my community.....no. I KNOW that.

i live in a suburban area with rich white suburban kids. its about 60% white, 25% blacks and the rest indians, chinese etc.
    do you mean to tell me that you know everyone in your community.
    if not, and that person is dressed or acts normally, do you know for a fact that he doesn't listen to Rap.....

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    + Alternative Rock (Matchbox20, Creed, Coldplay, 3 Doors, Lifehouse etc)
    + Blues (BB King Stuff)
    + Selected Instrumental
    + Soul (Or whatever you call them - Aretha Franklin etc)
    + Latino
    Swahili/Arabic/Somali
    Hiphop
    - Rap

Which category do people like Santana & Eric Clapton fall into?

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Eclectic alternative piano pop
    What the hell is this? :)How many pianos & which types does it take to make it eclectic?

Majed you seem to be overeacting to this 'wigga' thing.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++

Majed you seem to be overeacting to this 'wigga' thing.
    yeah i know :D, but seriously, i was offended because i dont like Generalizations at all.
    what kept me going, is that Lac completely ignored the fact that he included me in his generalization :groan:

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    you need a different piano from every artistic era of the past 400 years ;)

no, i use that term to describe it because the music i'm thinking of, to me, is a fusion of genres

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    yeah i know :D, but seriously, i was offended because i dont like Generalizations at all.
    what kept me going, is that Lac completely ignored the fact that he included me in his generalization :groan:
    Just take it easy :)

you need a different piano from every artistic era of the past 400 years
    :eek: Sounds like fun :)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002

Majed Im sorry I didnt mean to over-generalise, however I believe that being over-specific is just as stupid as over-generalizing, but its a lot harder so id rather over-generalize than be over-specific :D

do you mean to tell me that you know everyone in your community.
    if not, and that person is dressed or acts normally, do you know for a fact that he doesn't listen to Rap.....
    Yes... I have come to that conclusion. Whether it is right or wrong or practical or not- I am not going to be judge over that. I just report what I percieve..... peace, Majed, peace....:D

So tell me how I have to dress, Lacki

I somehow doubt it will fit in my budget...
    Well...you dont want me to do that....:D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Just to answer my own hip-hop question:)D), according to Norway's biggest hip-hop magazine "Kingsize" there's no perticular music called hip-hop. Hip-hop is the entire culture that consists of breakdancing, graffiti and rap.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Tarmpropp are you Magnus or Torkel?? :wallbang: :rolleyes: :embarass:
    Argh, you never remember my name:groan:. I'm Torkel, Magnus is Nekton, you should at least know who he is:(

On the other hand, I don't mind being mixed up with Magnus, the allmighty Juventuz producer:cool:

Btw, is your name Josh or Erik?;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)