Genres YOU LISTEN TO (Majed had a serious comprehension problem here) (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And it's also tough to find lyrics that you like because you've heard better and you know he's a total pissbag.

The fact that he has a lot of music "out there" is a detriment in more ways than one.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The same goes for almost every rapper, no?
meh not the better rappers :D
And it's also tough to find lyrics that you like because you've heard better and you know he's a total pissbag.

The fact that he has a lot of music "out there" is a detriment in more ways than one.
I know what you mean. I'm not a fan of lil wayne at all other one or two tracks.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
weezy has indeed some killer songs, the no ceiling mixtape is actually pretty good, the thing is weezy is just too damn ghetto, he cant get over the ghettoness to actually rap about something interesting.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Primarily rock, blues, some metal and punk, also some electronic and even rap. Boz hits the nail on the head. :tup:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hip Hop- Mostly Old School, or any new school artist who aren't rapping about bitches, rims, guns, and drugs. Which leaves about 3 new school hip hop artists

Funk/Soul from the mid 60's, 70's into the mid 80's (Temptations, Stevie Wonder, O'Jays,Spinners.Otis Redding, Aretha, Rick James, Prince, Alexander O'Neal, New Edition, The Time)

R & B- Robin Thicke, Justin Timberlake, NeYo, Alicia Keys

Classic Rock and Metal

Metal- The heavier the better. Mastodon, Killswitch Engage.

Alternative Stuff- Passion Pit, Matt & Kim

Jazz- Anything from the 40's to the early 70's

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I'm not sure I can split what I listen to into genres. I mean, I can, but I don't know that it actually tells you anything. For instance, the last two songs I got excited about were a pop/soft rock ballad and a folk rock song. I'm picky and fickle at the same time.

For what it's worth, I mostly listen to various flavours of rock (classic/soft/psychedelic/igneous), electronica (downtempo for the most part) and assorted pop. I used to be a big fan of classical music, but I haven't listened to much, movie soundtracks aside, in ages.

Oh, and if you haven't heard , you need to.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm not sure I can split what I listen to into genres. I mean, I can, but I don't know that it actually tells you anything. For instance, the last two songs I got excited about were a pop/soft rock ballad and a folk rock song. I'm picky and fickle at the same time.

For what it's worth, I mostly listen to various flavours of rock (classic/soft/psychedelic/igneous), electronica (downtempo for the most part) and assorted pop. I used to be a big fan of classical music, but I haven't listened to much, movie soundtracks aside, in ages.

Oh, and if you haven't heard Claire De Lune, you need to.
:tup: Debussy is badass on piano.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Oh, and if you haven't heard Claire De Lune, you need to.
So you don't think we should make a poll about music genres?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)