General TV (32 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If you can survive the first fifteen minutes I'll buy you a beer
It hinges on the premise that several members of the prosecution are straight up evil. That's not how the world works.

Everyone is prone to tunnel vision, but very few people are going to be okay with knowingly throwing innocent people in jail. And the series make it out as if the prosecution couldn't care less about their innocence.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It hinges on the premise that several members of the prosecution are straight up evil. That's not how the world works.

Everyone is prone to tunnel vision, but very few people are going to be okay with knowingly throwing innocent people in jail. And the series make it out as if the prosecution couldn't care less about their innocence.
I didn't even get that far, the romanticization of the boys lives in the begining lol no one in New York talks or acts like that even less so kids from harlem.
And if they don't paint the whites as evil, how they gonna milk the white guilt card?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If anyone else is a fan of Deadwood, definitely watch the movie. It was so good. :tuttosport:
There is a movie? I never finished the series, tho I started rewatching from beginning earlier this year. I watch it only with one of my brothers, and we don't live close by so it's a slow going lol.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There is a movie? I never finished the series, tho I started rewatching from beginning earlier this year. I watch it only with one of my brothers, and we don't live close by so it's a slow going lol.
HBO and the director couldn’t come to an agreement on how to finish it after the third season (format or something), but they seem to have finally sorted that out over the past couple years and a sequel film was just released last week. :heart:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nice, then I will watch the series with more haste now that I have the movie to look forward to.

How goes Catch 22? Forgot about it. No streaming service has it up yet.
I’ve only watched the first two episodes so far. The cast and acting are pretty great. It doesn’t quite reach the satirical highs of the novel yet imo. Missing a bit of the absurdism.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
catch 22 was good but yet much less absurd and cynical then the book which i think was intentional to make it more appealing to a broader casual audience

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
catch 22 was good but yet much less absurd and cynical then the book which i think was intentional to make it more appealing to a broader casual audience
It should be done as absurd as possible TO appeal to broader audience. It's what makes it great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)