General TV (35 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Homeland after S1 is worse than S8 of Dexter multiplied by S5-7 of Game of Thrones.

Jack Ryan is cringey but it's straight forward and doesn't take itself too seriously, unlike Homeland.

Maybe it's about expectations. I was hyped for and let down by Homeland while I expected dogshit from Jack Ryan and it was okay

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Caroll Spinney recorded his last performances as Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch today after 50 years on the show.

I grew up watching Sesame Street in the mid to late 70's, and now my 2 year old is doing the same.

Thank you so much for having such a positive and loving influence on 2 generations of my family :touched:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Haunting of Hill House is a masterpiece. So many ideas and themes are beautifully executed. The finale was bit of a letdown though.
Yeah, I like it too.
Started watching after reading that @Stevie didn't like it. Maybe he did expect it to be more horror? It's more like a traditional gothic movie, as you would expect, looking at the source material.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yeah, I like it too.
Started watching after reading that @Stevie didn't like it. Maybe he did expect it to be more horror? It's more like a traditional gothic movie, as you would expect, looking at the source material.
I liked it as a drama. I feel like it was poorly marketed. I went into it after reading reviews about it being absoluty terrifying which it wasnt. Instead its a show with some real depth, geat acting and some interesting characters. Not what you would normally expect from a modern horror so was pleasantly suprised in that way.

Good show just not scary.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Daredevil season 3 was great.

I'm back to watching Penny Dreadful. I watched it before but I stopped after like 3 episodes. So I started watching from the beginning, I wanna see if it's any good.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
yes. First two and most of The Return season.

Stick with The Return even if it is weird. One of Return episodes is one my favorite epsiodes of television ever. Just don't ask me to explain anything :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
yes. First two and most of The Return season.

Stick with The Return even if it is weird. One of Return episodes is one my favorite epsiodes of television ever. Just don't ask me to explain anything :p
Episode 8, right? Might be the most batshit crazy episode to ever end up on television, and also the most seductive and captivating at the same time. An incredible hour.

By the way, never would have you guessed you were a Twin Peaks fan. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)