General TV (17 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
David Simon is a great storyteller and equally a great man.

Major bump from the spring, his new show The Deuce is out now, just watched the pilot. Instead of corner boys and drug dealers it's now instead mainly hoes and pimps :D And other struggling working stiffs, like bartenders, gamblers, few mafiosi and beat cops etc.

As I said months ago, the seedy selling sex subject matter is not gonna be as intriguing as Baltimore ghetto, drugs, cops, politicians and schools. But damn isn't sure on his craft, makes 70s NY come to life immediately in the pilot.

And naturally he is loyal to his The Wire actors, around 6 of them in this show.

@Seven almost forgot you too.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Major bump from the spring, his new show The Deuce is out now, just watched the pilot. Instead of corner boys and drug dealers it's now instead mainly hoes and pimps :D And other struggling working stiffs, like bartenders, gamblers, few mafiosi and beat cops etc.

As I said months ago, the seedy selling sex subject matter is not gonna be as intriguing as Baltimore ghetto, drugs, cops, politicians and schools. But damn isn't sure on his craft, makes 70s NY come to life immediately in the pilot.

And naturally he is loyal to his The Wire actors, around 6 of them in this show.

@Seven almost forgot you too.

Thank you. I thought it's going to premiere on early September. Will watch it after the hurricane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
:heart: This show wouldnt be allowed to exist these days, due to political correctness. Remember that episode with that Native American statue Jerry bought for his gf and then Kramer made Indian sounds? Or the one where they couldnt decide if Elane's boyfriend is black or white and he thought she was a latina in return. And you get to read everywhere that Jerry is an asshole IRL but that's what I love about him and the show. Unlike Friends or HIMYM that try to disguise their terrible people characters as nice guys, Seinfeld was honest from start to finish about every character being a jerk

Just watching Narcos S3 - imagine my face when Newman showed up in it :lol: outta nowhere

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Watched first 20-30 minutes earlier before I had to go, it was alright, fantastic observations but bit dry delivery in parts.

The material of colorfully reminiscing about growing up in raw crazy 60s in NY, is oddly enough not remotely as good as another Netflix stand up "Colin Quinns new york story". Oddly because Jerry directed and produced that stand up (didn't know you could direct a stand up).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)