General TV (78 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not one interesting tv show out there? I refuse to settle for mediocrity
Lol wondering the same, this summer/ fall is super dry so far.

I'm dying up here, a drama about comedians in 70s was decent, as was Snowfall, John singleton drama about origins of Crack epidemi in LA 80s (in parts a low level Narcos). Alright to pass the time.

To finish off the period pieces about 70s /80s, my favourite easily is the Deuce, 70s NY tricks and pimps, blue collar hustlers etc. David Simon so as character heavy as you can expect. Franco impressive for once, and there is a pimp called C. C that if he continues like he has so far, will for sure win some award or two (tho Simon's shows barely do for some reason).

Subject matter is fairly depressingly seedy tho.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I assume most people with decent taste is already watching Ray Donovan. Liev Schreibers damaged laconic alpha male role is worth watching for him alone.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
There are so many good shows I missed out when they came out initially, that I always have something to watch during times of drought. For example, I've just caught up on Peaky Blinders few weeks ago.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Just watch this scene over and over again. I have.

Chef d'oeuvre on 80's TV right there. Historic TV moment.

I'm sure @Hustini @King of Kings and @DAiDEViL would love to see this.

I hated that fucking show :lol:

Tom Selleck will always be "Mr. Baseball" to me

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pretty sure I posted here before how much I liked Black Mirrors and the San Junipero episode in particular, nice to see it was given credit at the Emmy's. Definitely one of the best episodes I've seen from a "tv show".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)