General TV (81 Viewers)

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
I'm the only one in my family who isnt watching Downtown abbey, eventually I'll see what the fuss is, maybe.
You and I both. Watching Mad men,half way through the first season and still haven't been drawn in. Will give it a few more episodes before watching Downtown abbey.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There is no point to Mad Men, its neat and nice depiction of those times in that bussiness, but this series doesnt really have any story or real heart to it, characters to care for or plots to get engaged in. It just depicts that time basically, it gets boring fast, and anyone I know who tried it couldnt bother keep watching it for more then a season or two at best.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
With all the raves I thought I was missing something. It's getting one more shot tonight otherwise it's going down faster then Joan on ma deck :p

Apr 15, 2006
There is no point to Mad Men, its neat and nice depiction of those times in that bussiness, but this series doesnt really have any story or real heart to it, characters to care for or plots to get engaged in. It just depicts that time basically, it gets boring fast, and anyone I know who tried it couldnt bother keep watching it for more then a season or two at best.
I couldn't want it past 3 episodes. Not enough Christina IMO.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Season one is very slow compared to others (actually, I wish some parts of later seasons would have kept that feel). It's very good character work, and very intelligent, I think. It's definitely very engaging, to me.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Three episodes out already ?
The whole season's out.

- - - Updated - - -

Season one is very slow compared to others (actually, I wish some parts of later seasons would have kept that feel). It's very good character work, and very intelligent, I think. It's definitely very engaging, to me.
I agree. I was very drawn to it, but once I stopped watching I never got back into it. Wanna start from the beginning sometime.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Anyone following Person of Interest? This latest episode was beyond awesome (felt like a mini movie). Sarah Shahi = badass :heart:

This one of those rare times a character was so convincing they scream "spinoff" made just for them.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Anyone following Person of Interest? This latest episode was beyond awesome (felt like a mini movie). Sarah Shahi = badass :heart:

This one of those rare times a character was so convincing they scream "spinoff" made just for them.
Gonna watch that one later on. Love Sarah Shahi, she had a few roles in Chicago Fire.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

Person of Interest is one of the few non-cabel shows I actually follow - it's not at the level of shows like Boardwalk Empire, Breaking bad, etc, etc but so far I find it dynamic and entertaining offering something diff than what one would usually expect to find on mainstream media.

Last night's episode was indeed a goody offering plenty of alternatives from now on (hopefully a NCIS LA-like spin off won't be one of them though :D)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)