General TV (39 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Africans can be yellow, but it's not very common is it? :p

Okay excuse me if I'm more ignorant than I realise, but she doesn't appear to be Arabic ethnically which is what I would assume Jesus to have been.
Some Arabs can be/have been white too. It's not THAT uncommon. In any case, they're all Caucasian, and so were Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What are they then? Definitely not Mongoloid or Negroid, no?

I was about to say caucasians is an absolete term, but you come with up with even more absolete terms LOL.

Caucasians came up to be due to the Caucaus region (I think someone who is from the region you are from should know this?) , generally from that area, but the people of that region werent all pasty white ethnic groups, as the word became a general term for European white people, but its not an ethnic term, nor a scientific one, just a broad and zero definition term, why its kind of absolete.

But the core description is of white Europeans (even tho they come in various descriptive and specific sub group terms). And news flash, semitic people from the middle east are NOT Europeans hence Caucausians. So Moses, Mohammed, Jesus being Caucausians would mean they were Europeans, and I dont know what Geographic books you had in your youth, but Middle East is in another continent.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I was about to say caucasians is an absolete term, but you come with up with even more absolete terms LOL.

Caucasians came up to be due to the Caucaus region (I think someone who is from the region you are from should know this?) , generally from that area, but the people of that region werent all pasty white ethnic groups, as the word became a general term for European white people, but its not an ethnic term, nor a scientific one, just a broad and zero definition term, why its kind of absolete.

But the core description is of white Europeans (even tho they come in various descriptive and specific sub group terms). And news flash, semitic people from the middle east are NOT Europeans hence Caucausians. So Moses, Mohammed, Jesus being Caucausians would mean they were Europeans, and I dont know what Geographic books you had in your youth, but Middle East is in another continent.
Ok so what is the name of their (Middle Easterners, Indians etc) race? Not their ethnicity, their race?

Im not being argumentative, but curious really. Or are you saying that now the race names have been replaced by region names or even God forbid by color names (white, black, brown, yellow)?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Ok so what is the name of their (Middle Easterners, Indians etc) race? Not their ethnicity, their race?

Im not being argumentative, but curious really.
Per United States definition it's Caucasian, but this field has been hijacked by sjw's labeling race a social construct. Yet you can order a race(ancestry they call it now) dna test, so go figure.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Im not being argumentative, but curious really.

To put it simply. They are all Semitic people, but like Indo-Europeans (that includes iran and parts of india too) that describe most of Europe, its a language based cathegorization. Language tree so to speak. For semitic people, they can all in general find their ancestral roots back to a root thats similar to present day yemeni jews in general, as a language, and in parts ethnically too (but mainly as language, because semitic languages are afro-asiatic, so they include Ethopian amharic, Tigrinya etc). But mainly as a language group, which is a big part of what forms a culture and a people, even if the ethnic mix of it can be bit varied due to rich histories of conquest and intermingling tribes.

But ethnically the region is quite different, so it depends what part of the middle east or south central asia you referring to. Just look at the mix of country like Lebanon, you will get a headache trying to deduce ethnic makeup of it historically. And if you talk to the wrong Lebanese, he will slap you if you tell him he is descended from arab tribes :D

- - - Updated - - -

Per United States definition it's Caucasian, but this field has been hijacked by sjw's labeling race a social construct. Yet you can order a race(ancestry they call it now) dna test, so go figure.

Sorry but we would be fucked if we go by absolete lazy US definitions :D Same US definitions that cant differentiate between latin americans and Europeans like Spanish people? :D Also not to long ago, they didnt even consider Italians as white people lol.

Caucasians allways referred to strictly white Europeans, or white european descended for the New worlders. You telling me now peeps Kurds, Lebanese, Palestinians are caucasians? :D Because they have similar skin tone? If so thats laughable, and also ,not something they experience in real life as amongst the white priviliged lol.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
To put it simply. hey are all Semitic people, but like Indo-Europeans (that includes iran and parts of india too) that describe most of Europe, its a language based cathegorization. Language tree so to speak. For semitic people, they can all in general find their ancestral roots back ibe thats similar to present day yemeni jews in general, as a language, and in parts ethnically too (but mainly as language, because semitic languages are afro-asiatic, so they include Ethopian amharic, Tigrinya etc). But mainly as a language group, which is a big part of what forms a culture and a people, even if the ethnic mix of it can be bit varied due to rich histories of conquest and intermingling tribes.

But ethnically the region is quite different, so it depends what part of the middle east or south central asia you referring to. Just look at the mix of country like Lebanon, you will get a headache trying to deduce ethnic makeup of it historically. And if you talk to the wrong Lebanese, he will slap you if you tell him he is descended from arab tribes :D
Yeah but linguastics is not our concern here bro, and neither is ethnicity.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
To put it simply. hey are all Semitic people, but like Indo-Europeans (that includes iran and parts of india too) that describe most of Europe, its a language based cathegorization. Language tree so to speak. For semitic people, they can all in general find their ancestral roots back ibe thats similar to present day yemeni jews in general, as a language, and in parts ethnically too (but mainly as language, because semitic languages are afro-asiatic, so they include Ethopian amharic, Tigrinya etc). But mainly as a language group, which is a big part of what forms a culture and a people, even if the ethnic mix of it can be bit varied due to rich histories of conquest and intermingling tribes.

I will avoid this discussion but for me Arabs are people whose native language is Arabic which makes all Lebanese Arabs no matter their religion.

Even though our Arabic is somehow fucked up compared to others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)