General TV (68 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
LOTR trailer dropped. Already looks like some woke infested garbage. This is why youtube needs to bring back the dislike button.

Comment section is hilarious though :lol:, they're all just quoting the same thing from Tolkein: "Evil cannot create anything new, they can only corrupt and ruin good forces have invented or made."
I don't see any wokeness from that trailer tbh.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Yeah. I’m sure there will be annoying woke shit in it, just like everything else these days, but not sure what people are fussing about from that trailer. Didn’t play up anything for the woke crowd that I can see.
What a lazy attempt at remaking a beloved classics. hollywood is just out of ideas and trying to return to franchises. They should have just made a whole new story instead of acting like there was something wrong with the old version.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Almost done with Carnivale and it annoys me that the show is discontinued. What a brilliant work that was, I wish someone would revive it again.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Almost done with Carnivale and it annoys me that the show is discontinued. What a brilliant work that was, I wish someone would revive it again.
Carnivale and Oz the true OG HBO classics, before all the hype started for the HBO network, these two were fascinating storytelling epos.

Oz got a real finish, but yeah as you said Carnivale was butchered.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Carnivale and Oz the true OG HBO classics, before all the hype started for the HBO network, these two were fascinating storytelling epos.

Oz got a real finish, but yeah as you said Carnivale was butchered.
Alright. I have never seen Oz. I will definitely binge watch it soon.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
It is a new story… :shifty:
footage came from the lord of rings but the cast for this looks washed and edited.
If this is a different story , thus the name should be given differently. I guess they never stop ruining old classic movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Black elves? Black dwarfs (who litereally never see sunlight)?
no idea about that, there are many things to complain about this series but blaming it on hiring people of colour is quite offensive.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
footage came from the lord of rings but the cast for this looks washed and edited.
If this is a different story , thus the name should be given differently. I guess they never stop ruining old classic movies.

- - - Updated - - -

no idea about that, there are many things to complain about this series but blaming it on hiring people of colour is quite offensive.
It’s an entirely different story though, set long before the events portrayed in the Lord of the Rings…

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
first matrix and now lord of ring ! Thanks for ruining childhoods with stealing old stuff . just can't wrap my head around it. like matrix which turned out to be terrible, zero hope for this one.
I have never understood this expression "ruining childhoods". What does it mean?

And how a movie tv show etc can do that?
I mean you can actually see the original matrix and LOTR and "unruin your childhood."

I'm not defending the new series which looks like a train wreck, a poor man's game of thrones. Ain't gonna bother with it.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I have never understood this expression "ruining childhoods". What does it mean?

And how a movie tv show etc can do that?
I mean you can actually see the original matrix and LOTR and "unruin your childhood."

I'm not defending the new series which looks like a train wreck, a poor man's game of thrones. Ain't gonna bother with it.
the classic and old movies which we grew up with them. I was 13 when The Lord of Rings came out.
i don't understand why should revive a story which already had a start and a finish. there's nothing else to add. what they're doing right now is ruining great franchises instead of make new ones. should have left the franchise alone they had a amazing run no need for them, they ended beautifully(Matrix, Lord of Rings).
all the classics have/will be ruined at some point by remakes, sequels and prequels while they can make new one.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
What a lazy attempt at remaking a beloved classics. hollywood is just out of ideas and trying to return to franchises. They should have just made a whole new story instead of acting like there was something wrong with the old version.
people don't read anymore standards are lowered every year, IQs keep going down and so people don't know any better.
Hollywood first started with "historical" movies not only because they are out of ideas but because they are retelling history the way they see fit.
Inglorious bastards for example an elaborate pile of steaming shit, although well made and with great acting serves no purpose toward truth, it's total garbage, it's fiction beside the fact that WW2 happened.
So not just laziness and running out of ideas, but because they have an agenda.

they put warnings of violence, sex, drugs, abuse etc. on begining of movies yet there is no effort to let viewers know even though the story is during WW2 era, there is zero facts backing it up, you won't ever see a warning that informs the illiterate majority that what they watch is not fact, let them think it is if they want..many in fact think it is and will be influenced by it without further investigation.
This is the sort of bias and one sidedness that simply is not a coincidence, it is by design and it is an atrocity and genocide of the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)