General TV (39 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I love anything Roman empire related, usually gives new shows 4 or 5 episodes, but I genuinely couldn't finish the first episode lol.

It was HBO Nordic so figured quality stamped, but nuh uh.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I love anything Roman empire related, usually gives new shows 4 or 5 episodes, but I genuinely couldn't finish the first episode lol.

It was HBO Nordic so figured quality stamped, but nuh uh.

Same here i feel really let down.

Anyone watch Gun Powder? The guy fawkes mini series with Kit Harington? It was better than expected.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
First 2 episodes out of the 3, was like 2 months ago so thanks for reminding me to finish it. Yeah it was really good.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Altered Carbon

So I finished it. Gotta say it's one of the worst tv-shows that I have seen. Not because it's pure disaster but because it's a huge disappointment and a let down considering the budget and everything. They could have done so much more... The tv show is interesting, you can watch it without slitting your wrists, but it's so cheesy and with so many flaws it's incredible. I don't think I have ever witnessed worse character development and so many horrible characters. Kristin Ortega is apsolutely horrible in it despite her hot body. She cannot act and it's just not a role for her. She's suited for Fast and Furious to be Vin Diesels hot wife to ride car, speak Spanish and be in provocative clothes. Vernon and his wife (a guy!) is one of the worst things I've recently seen. I won't even comment how horrible it was to his wife (a guy) trying to act like a girl. Not just that, but those two idiots happen to have a daughter, Lizzie, and she's most definitely the worst part of the show. What a disgusting character, so ugly and repulsive, with such a weak storyline and stupid development. Kovacs was decent, Poe was good. That's about it. Weak and quite meh ending too. Still, it's not that bad for time wasting. It's interesting to the degree that you see it as a stupid/silly action. I'd never recommend it to anyone.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Altered Carbon

So I finished it. Gotta say it's one of the worst tv-shows that I have seen. Not because it's pure disaster but because it's a huge disappointment and a let down considering the budget and everything. They could have done so much more... The tv show is interesting, you can watch it without slitting your wrists, but it's so cheesy and with so many flaws it's incredible. I don't think I have ever witnessed worse character development and so many horrible characters. Kristin Ortega is apsolutely horrible in it despite her hot body. She cannot act and it's just not a role for her. She's suited for Fast and Furious to be Vin Diesels hot wife to ride car, speak Spanish and be in provocative clothes. Vernon and his wife (a guy!) is one of the worst things I've recently seen. I won't even comment how horrible it was to his wife (a guy) trying to act like a girl. Not just that, but those two idiots happen to have a daughter, Lizzie, and she's most definitely the worst part of the show. What a disgusting character, so ugly and repulsive, with such a weak storyline and stupid development. Kovacs was decent, Poe was good. That's about it. Weak and quite meh ending too. Still, it's not that bad for time wasting. It's interesting to the degree that you see it as a stupid/silly action. I'd never recommend it to anyone.
You're being a bit harsh. From episode 1 to 5 it was good tv, nevermind the budget it shouldn't have an impact on how one rate a show. You rate a show for what it is. Although I'll agree that episode 6 to 10 was average to bad and that all around in the show some characters were sometimes cheesy or stupid.

The relationship of Tak and his sister was cringeworthy though

Overall it's decent and worth a watch despite the flaws

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You're being a bit harsh. From episode 1 to 5 it was good tv, nevermind the budget it shouldn't have an impact on how one rate a show. You rate a show for what it is. Although I'll agree that episode 6 to 10 was average to bad and that all around in the show some characters were sometimes cheesy or stupid.

The relationship of Tak and his sister was cringeworthy though

Overall it's decent and worth a watch despite the flaws
That was just :lol2: :sergio: and it was the main thing in the show. That ending though... jesus.

I guess we'll disagree anyway. IMO it's not worth watching, especially for somebody who likes stuff that makes sense and is actually good. It just has way too many stupid characters, bad plot and quite bad acting.

It was a very, very interesting idea. But they just failed at it badly.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Altered Carbon

Haven't watched the show yet, what do you mean?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Than she's not "trying to act like a girl", it's what she is, a girl...in a man's body.

If was gonna put your consciousness into a woman's body, would you suddenly feel and act like a girl? Probably not. You would masturbate, but that's about it.
Why you making such a fuss about it ? @Dostoevsky

...LGWHATEVER groups and Trans people are so gonna refer to this, which is bullshit of course. You were not born into the wrong body. Shut up.

- - - Updated - - -

Here was i, thinking our author would understand that plot :p

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It sounds ultra cringe worthy going by the reviews I’ve read.
Oh it is. It sure fucking is.

Than she's not "trying to act like a girl", it's what she is, a girl...in a man's body.

If was gonna put your consciousness into a woman's body, would you suddenly feel and act like a girl? Probably not. You would masturbate, but that's about it.
Why you making such a fuss about it ? @Dostoevsky

...LGWHATEVER groups and Trans people are so gonna refer to this, which is bullshit of course. You were not born into the wrong body. Shut up.

- - - Updated - - -

Here was i, thinking our author would understand that plot :p
It was a consciousness of a woman in a guys body. And it was a guy acting and showing emotions of a woman. It looks very fake and just pathetic imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)