General TV (113 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Don't listen to all the haters on here, give the US office a chance and it will grow on you

Californiacation and the Shield are also good

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I LOVE the US Office. At first I hated it but it grew on me, now I think it's hilarious, I'm addicted to it and I watch it everyday -- at least once a week at work I see a situation related to anything on that show

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I LOVE the US Office. At first I hated it but it grew on me, now I think it's hilarious, I'm addicted to it and I watch it everyday -- at least once a week at work I see a situation related to anything on that show
Same, I couldn't stand it at first but now I watch it religiously

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I just watched Season 1 of The Shield. It's actually pretty good - memorable characters, an interesting theme of how much we're willing to let the law away with to keep us safe, and a good sense of fun. If I have one major criticism, it's that it has a tendency to wimp out on its arcs, building tension for a few episodes before a limp conclusion wipes the slate clean. Worth a look.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Any My Name Is Earl fans here?

I've ignored the show for the longest time,but i saw a couple of episodes the other day and it was pretty good.Not your regular run of the mill sitcom.Nice concept.

Jan 7, 2004
I just watched Season 1 of The Shield. It's actually pretty good - memorable characters, an interesting theme of how much we're willing to let the law away with to keep us safe, and a good sense of fun. If I have one major criticism, it's that it has a tendency to wimp out on its arcs, building tension for a few episodes before a limp conclusion wipes the slate clean. Worth a look.
i think season two has the best arch, if you will. it kinda goes downhill from there. still a lot better than most of what's on tv

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005

I've ignored the show for the longest time,but i saw a couple of episodes the other day and it was pretty good.Not your regular run of the mill sitcom.Nice concept.
it was pretty funny for a while but it has seriously degraded in quality,perhaps its simply because they re-run teh same jokes constantly but it was a feel-good kind of comedy but is far too sickly sweet to watch a lot,unless you wanna lose your foot:shifty:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

It wore out pretty quickly after the first season. I give them props for trying to mix it up by making jarring changes to the story between seasons. It seems these days a lot of TV series have to do annual "Hail Mary" passes to stay alive. But it didn't work and got tiresome quickly after the first season.

OP
V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #258
    • V

V

You folks which mentioned a mindfuck ending of last Dexter season, completely ruined it for me. It was a WTF ending, but I also feel it was kind of stretched, like they wanted to shock the audience by force.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    It wore out pretty quickly after the first season. I give them props for trying to mix it up by making jarring changes to the story between seasons. It seems these days a lot of TV series have to do annual "Hail Mary" passes to stay alive. But it didn't work and got tiresome quickly after the first season.
    Plus that douche that plays Earl is a Scientologist :soapit:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Started watching Weeds. It sucks. And I used to watch It's always sunny in Philadelphia and CSI Miami so it's not like my standards are very high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)