General Religion & Philosophy Discussion Thread (5 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I'm not accrediting it to religion or any other institution, though Einstein wasn't exactly an atheist, of his last years he tried to work out theory where everything is perfect in universe and in it's place, but he couldn't do that because of the quantum physics. If we would put einsten in the brackets of some sort I think he would fall into deist category.

Anyway, technology is cool and all, and it shouldn't be looked down upon and not used at all, but it shouldn't be the main goal of our lifes. It seems that material comfort is the most important thing in life, and with that I don't agree.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'm not accrediting it to religion or any other institution, though Einstein wasn't exactly an atheist, of his last years he tried to work out theory where everything is perfect in universe and in it's place, but he couldn't do that because of the quantum physics. If we would put einsten in the brackets of some sort I think he would fall into deist category.

Anyway, technology is cool and all, and it shouldn't be looked down upon and not used at all, but it shouldn't be the main goal of our lifes. It seems that material comfort is the most important thing in life, and with that I don't agree.
What a dumb thing to say, Raz.

The most important thing in life is boobies.

OP
Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #389

Nope. Happiness is the most important thing in life. :)

Fiction.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Nope. Happiness is the most important thing in life. :)

Fiction.
    I wouldn't say happiness is the most important thing in life, but material comfort is certainly not it.

And one shouldn't write fiction off, there are loads of examples from the past how things were a fiction and now reality.

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #392
    I wouldn't say happiness is the most important thing in life, but material comfort is certainly not it.

And one shouldn't write fiction off, there are loads of examples from the past how things were a fiction and now reality.
    So what is the most important thing in life for you?

Oh, Skynet IS fiction.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    So what is the most important thing in life for you?

Oh, Skynet IS fiction.

Kind of a hard question to answer on the internet, but I would have to say, to live a code I set myself. Sort of golder rule thing, but with many other things in it, like improving myself and grow mentally and emotionally, challenging myself too, trying to help people around me in any way I can and a I try to do stuff that matters to my and people around me daily life. Sadly a lot of the time i don't do that.

I'm sorry if I didn't answer it clearly enough, as I said it's quite hard to answer it on internet, at least for me.

On the other topic, what do you consider fiction then? Would matrix be fiction too, even though there is a possibility we are living in right now without realising it.

Anyway, what's the most important thing in life for you then?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    As Einstein said - The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.

And he was spot on when talking about technology, that one day it will surpass our humanity. I think if it didn't yet, it will very soon, quite sad really.
    the metropolis needs faithful servants

:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Get ready for Skynet.
    :D

OP
    Sheik Yerbouti
    Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #398
    Kind of a hard question to answer on the internet, but I would have to say, to live a code I set myself. Sort of golder rule thing, but with many other things in it, like improving myself and grow mentally and emotionally, challenging myself too, trying to help people around me in any way I can and a I try to do stuff that matters to my and people around me daily life. Sadly a lot of the time i don't do that.

I'm sorry if I didn't answer it clearly enough, as I said it's quite hard to answer it on internet, at least for me.

On the other topic, what do you consider fiction then? Would matrix be fiction too, even though there is a possibility we are living in right now without realising it.

Anyway, what's the most important thing in life for you then?
    The Matrix is fiction, yes. It could be real, but there is no way to prove or disprove it.

Oh, the most important thing for me is happiness.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    You still going on about this. The new faces I understand, but people who did this from the start, doesn't it get boring? Specially when all you see are the same arguments and the same counter arguments.

And it's not like this place on forum will or have changed any minds about believing or not, so why bother here?
    I could ask you the same thing. Anyone wants to tally up how many times "are guys you still discussing this?" has been said in this thread? So you're marginally less repetitive than we are.

- - - Updated - - -

lol - empty words from a pseudo-intellectual.
    For once you're right. I always wished I could be a real intellectual. But real intellectuals don't post on Juventuz for starters, they have debates with people who know what they're talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)