General News & Politics (23 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Going to be a rough winter in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

I just filled up my 500 gallon propane tank for $2.99 a gallon which is a summer deal. I expect propane to be back up to $4 or $5 very soon.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, Italy is basically fucked if these rates are typical across the board. Pretty soon they will have to move all matches to daylight.

- - - Updated - - -

How long can you store that for? Doesn't fuel go bad after a while?
Yeah, propane is good for the long run. I’m hoping to get through at least half of winter with that.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Not the same, if you encroach on their territory is different than the other way around. Also we kill billions of animals a day for lesser offenses. Like swag said, at the end of the day it's a fucking animal it's not going to get due process, if there's a good chance it will cause damage or loss of life then it's gotta go.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Going to be a rough winter in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

I just filled up my 500 gallon propane tank for $2.99 a gallon which is a summer deal. I expect propane to be back up to $4 or $5 very soon.
The inflation is INSANE. It's literally crazy what's going on, especially when it comes to food. I predicted it many months ago, Europe will crumble and winter will shit all over us. I expect 2-3h daily of blackouts during the winter. Unfortunately I think companies will disappear over the night because this is too crazy

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The inflation is INSANE. It's literally crazy what's going on, especially when it comes to food. I predicted it many months ago, Europe will crumble and winter will shit all over us. I expect 2-3h daily of blackouts during the winter. Unfortunately I think companies will disappear over the night because this is too crazy
I'm very concerned honestly. I might be taking my last trip to Europe for a very long time next month. I'm expecting anything from rolling blackouts to civil unrest.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm very concerned honestly. I might be taking my last trip to Europe for a very long time next month. I'm expecting anything from rolling blackouts to civil unrest.
Oh for sure. I expect many protests and possibly violence. I don't think majority of Europe will find it very easy to get used to expensive stuff, high inflation and more painful winters because even companies will have temperature set at 19 instead of 22-23. I also expect many EU governments to crash as I don't think many will want to be in the chair when shit hits the fan. Electricity and food will make countries grab each others throats as soon as October arrives.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Can't wait for EU to lift the sanctions and beg Putin for gas/electricity like the bitches they are.
short answer: not gonna happen

long answer: The doomposting twitter bubble is seriously overrating russia's power over the EU on any other timeframe than the very short term and seriously underrating the measures which have been undertaken in the last 6 months to fix previous fuck-ups and to build independence from russian ressources once and for all. Our new batshit crazy Green foreign and economic secretaries turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

No, scratch that. The aforementioned bubble is well aware of what I wrote above. What they actually do is try and imprint a more russia-friendly stance into the american public by pointing at 'how much europe is struggling so we should better be friends with the powerful putin! Ukraine provoked the war themselves anyway!'

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
short answer: not gonna happen

long answer: The doomposting twitter bubble is seriously overrating russia's power over the EU on any other timeframe than the very short term and seriously underrating the measures which have been undertaken in the last 6 months to fix previous fuck-ups and to build independence from russian ressources once and for all. Our new batshit crazy Green foreign and economic secretaries turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

No, scratch that. The aforementioned bubble is well aware of what I wrote above. What they actually do is try and imprint a more russia-friendly stance into the american public by pointing at 'how much europe is struggling so we should better be friends with the powerful putin! Ukraine provoked the war themselves anyway!'
most of them are Putin-paid trolls anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh for sure. I expect many protests and possibly violence. I don't think majority of Europe will find it very easy to get used to expensive stuff, high inflation and more painful winters because even companies will have temperature set at 19 instead of 22-23. I also expect many EU governments to crash as I don't think many will want to be in the chair when shit hits the fan. Electricity and food will make countries grab each others throats as soon as October arrives.
The "Great" Russian "Superpower" is relying on winter to win the war for them once again lol
Not gonna happen this time.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
:rofl: Russian Superpower :rofl:
You know how we make fun of Italy for being lazy bums or whatever? Italy's GDP is 25% above Russia's.
EU overall GDP exceeds Russia by factor ~12
Normally I would have said that in 10 years russian citizens will be shitting in the yard because of poverty but they already do
Or that they would make 100€ per month but they already do. Or that their military wouldn't be able to win a war against a small neighbour but it already can't.
As the years go by, they will be buried so deep into the ground that in 5000 years archaeologists won't be able to identifiy the crusty clumps as the shithole formerly known as Russia. Oh I laff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)