General News & Politics (16 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Either party shifts even slightly towards the center and it will crush the other party in the next election. While the loudest are those out on the fringe of either party, imo majority just want some semblance of sanity and less of the zero sum politics going on.
And that would be fine with me. But at the end of the day, we're always going to be stuck with some compromised clown that will never address the massive issues we have as a country. I hate going back to the lovely state of Virginia, but it just seems like some people care more about which bathrooms people use than paying $4/gallon for propane or $20 for paper towels.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
They are expecting a reaction internally, which is why they need a distraction away from all of the inflation and other shit being thrown at us. What better distraction than a war. See, all this inflation is because Russia did it. Not everyone will buy it though.
Dude, are you really saying the possible first in the long time fullscale war in Europe is just a distraction and US would have ignored that if not for inflation?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I feel like I am watching the first half of season 5 of Casa del Papel. Every 5-10 minutes there's a panicked scene of military trucks racing towards the Bank of Spain, but somehow they never arrive there. Because another 5 minutes later the same exact scene repeats all over again just to add to forced hype and anxiety.
It actually does feel like that. But it is a little ominous how everything has been so predictable, from the cyberattacks to the supposed mass graves, it's right out of a playbook.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
And that would be fine with me. But at the end of the day, we're always going to be stuck with some compromised clown that will never address the massive issues we have as a country. I hate going back to the lovely state of Virginia, but it just seems like some people care more about which bathrooms people use than paying $4/gallon for propane or $20 for paper towels.
But do you have kids????????????????????????????

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What extent would you be willing to go to with Russia here, out of curiosity?
First of all i wouldn't do too much talking to look and sound like a total buffoon. I would sit with europe and demand they pay a tribute to defend their sorry asses, could be in the form of buying x amount of american products a year. If they agree, then a red line will be drawn and troops will be stationed, let's see if putin has the balls to ask his generals to destroy the world. I would also create a sort of legion étrangère for eastern European men to join and fight for america with a road to citizenship at the end of the tenure. I would work on a long term plan to undermine russia/china bloc economically and and conduct aggressive PR blitz, say put the blame squarely on china for covid and on russia for disrupting economic recovery, no more good russians or chinese on tv or cinema, demonize them, they are the enemy until they bend the knee.

But of course, as naive and faulty as my way is it is at the very least with americas best interests as the focal motive, as debatable as the way to go about it might be. I am 100% sure though, there's not one man with any power in that white house with the same motivation.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
First of all i wouldn't do too much talking to look and sound like a total buffoon. I would sit with europe and demand they pay a tribute to defend their sorry asses, could be in the form of buying x amount of american products a year. If they agree, then a red line will be drawn and troops will be stationed, let's see if putin has the balls to ask his generals to destroy the world. I would also create a sort of legion étrangère for eastern European men to join and fight for america with a road to citizenship at the end of the tenure. I would work on a long term plan to undermine russia/china bloc economically and and conduct aggressive PR blitz, say put the blame squarely on china for covid and on russia for disrupting economic recovery, no more good russians or chinese on tv or cinema, demonize them, they are the enemy until they bend the knee.

But of course, as naive and faulty as my way is it is at the very least with americas best interests as the focal motive, as debatable as the way to go about it might be. I am 100% sure though, there's not one man with any power in that white house with the same motivation.
even jokes has their limits.
Russia is not a threat to Europe.
Russians want Nato troops away from borders
Even if Nato soldiers retires from nations closest to Russia nothing gonna happen.
All this happened cause americans put missiles and soldiers way too close to russian borders.
All this is a reaction. Cause Russia gave away Ukraine in 1991 what do they care? they just don't want Ukraine to be used by americans against them.
So all this shit to fight for Europe it's bullshit.
Let me ask again how many wars Russia started in the past 40years and how many did the US :D please!

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
even jokes has their limits.
Russia is not a threat to Europe.
Russians want Nato troops away from borders
Even if Nato soldiers retires from nations closest to Russia nothing gonna happen.
All this happened cause americans put missiles and soldiers way too close to russian borders.
All this is a reaction. Cause Russia gave away Ukraine in 1991 what do they care? they just don't want Ukraine to be used by americans against them.
So all this shit to fight for Europe it's bullshit.
Let me ask again how many wars Russia started in the past 40years and how many did the US :D please!
All this happened because we never tried to get Russia under the fold, and now after great showings of weakness we have prodded into seeing what our limits are. Oh and trust me, I'm all for america to let euros deal with this on their own. He asked me what i would do if i were in charge. But what i would want is to let you guys deal with the bear, see how that works out for you.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
All this happened because we never tried to get Russia under the fold, and now after great showings of weakness we have prodded into seeing what our limits are. Oh and trust me, I'm all for america to let euros deal with this on their own. He asked me what i would do if i were in charge. But what i would want is to let you guys deal with the bear, see how that works out for you.
Ah come on man haha! If that ever happened, Western Europe would be fucked.

Though fully agree, that more of an iron fist should be shown to bpth Russia and China. Especially the latter.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
By my count the score for Who Started the Most Wars in the Last Forty Years between Russia and USA is tied 3-3.

But both nations get involved in a lot of conflicts. And their reasoning isn't always the same.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
This is who we are dealing with:

Mentions weakness 3 times in one sentence. That's the only language they speak.
Exactly. They are banking on the idea that American hegemony is waning. But that's why I don't care much about Trump being politically incorrect, or saying all these nasty things, but i do think him sowing doubts about the Western alliance, Nato etc has in part emboldened Russia a bit more. It doesn't help that the current US president is erring on the senile side either. :p

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Exactly. They are banking on the idea that American hegemony is waning. But that's why I don't care much about Trump being politically incorrect, or saying all these nasty things, but i do think him sowing doubts about the Western alliance, Nato etc has in part emboldened Russia a bit more. It doesn't help that the current US president is erring on the senile side either. :p
That's a fair point, but i support asking the euros to pay tribute i also think it's more to do with how Crimea was handled and the Afghanistan fiasco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)