General News & Politics (18 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
great. the last thing we needed is a war around europe.

btw russia has been preparing for it for years. i wonder how these pussies in the eu will react. i bet usa wouldn't mind an other war as long as it's not on their home soil.
I think US is super broke, even with all the money printing. I think it's one of those sudetes situations but behind the scenes, in other no one is going to bat an eye as long as it's only Ukraine.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
great. the last thing we needed is a war around europe.

btw russia has been preparing for it for years. i wonder how these pussies in the eu will react. i bet usa wouldn't mind an other war as long as it's not on their home soil.
Ok USA has made mistakes, but this whole affair isn't remotely on them. I wish people would stop blaming the US for the shit fucked up dictators like Putler do.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think long term Russia and China both will replace the US hegemony?
Never. When people start buying rubles/yens, speaking Russian/Chinese, watching Russian/Chinese movies, wanting to immigrate there and so on, then we can talk.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So Russians are going to move in reinforce Crimea, create buffer zone in Eastern Ukraine and that will be the end of it or would they actually try to take the capitol?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not that Putin would probably care about this, but not a bad weekend to launch an attack while an entire country is in a drunken stupor watching the Super Bowl @swag
Had no idea Super Bowl was so popular in Ukraine. :snoop:

- - - Updated - - -

? most of the people blockading border crossings and shutting down Ottawa downtown core are breaking the law at this point, so…..

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I know, because there's a state of emergency now
Do you think they should just let these morons who represent a tiny minority of the country throw a tantrum and do whatever they please to get their way? We just had an election where the overwhelming majority voted for Centre left and left parties here, parties supporting Covid measures, an election that these clowns are trying to override by throwing a tantrum. They’ve said multiple times their goal is to force the government to resign and end of every single measure. They are as bad as CHOP dumbasses from Seattle.

These same fuckwits celebrated protestors being arrested who were protesting and disrupting ancient growth logging here on Vancouver Island, and the coastal gas link pipeline through traditional First Nations territory in the interior. They were saying police should be shooting these people and other such idiocy for disrupting people’s jobs. Well, these fuckwits are blockading the biggest border crossing for trade in North America, disrupting hundreds of millions dollars in trade that passes there each day, car plants have shut down shifts and reduced production, amongst other things. Ottawa downtown has had all its businesses shut down for days. Where’s the same energy? These assholes should be arrested, fined, and imprisoned if necessary. Total scum.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol he was hiding for 2 weeks
In Texas :lol2:

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Do you think they should just let these morons who represent a tiny minority of the country throw a tantrum and do whatever they please to get their way? We just had an election where the overwhelming majority voted for Centre left and left parties here, parties supporting Covid measures, an election that these clowns are trying to override by throwing a tantrum. They’ve said multiple times their goal is to force the government to resign and end of every single measure. They are as bad as CHOP dumbasses from Seattle.

- - - Updated - - -

In Texas :lol2:
If they are going to remove the blockades and obstructions, fair enough. Or are all protesting or assembling banned?

Anyway I bet a large part of that crowd would settle for less than government resignation. Maybe they'd go home with a promise to end vaxx mandates and certain restrictions.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If they are going to remove the blockades and obstructions, fair enough. Or are all protesting or assembling banned?

Anyway I bet a large part of that crowd would settle for less than government resignation. Maybe they'd go home with a promise to end vaxx mandates and certain restrictions.
No one is saying demonstrations and protests can’t happen. But shutting down trade routes, border crossings, businesses, etc because you’re having a little temper tantrum… unacceptable.

These same people all through the Harper era here in Canada, and through the Trump era in the US went on and on about how protestors of anything those governments did should be arrested or even beaten up by police and/or shot. They said the government was democratically elected so everyone has to follow it and if they don’t like it leave the country or win the next election… but now that the government isn’t the one they support they throw tantrum after tantrum.

Like masks? Because these are the same people that were protesting masks and every single other measure during this pandemic. The same people who were blocking ER entrances at hospitals earlier in the pandemic. They are demanding all measures to end. Measures that have widespread, majority support in this country, in the first place, and in the second are instituted by provincial governments, not federal. While i disagree with vaccine mandates and think it’s time some of the other restrictions are lifted, I understand that the parties who all support strong pandemic related measures received over ~60% of the vote in our election just months ago. Being forced to wear a cloth mask when inside businesses is not an infringement of your rights. Nor are businesses operating at reduced capacity for a time. We have fire related capacity restrictions for all businesses and public buildings. These are Covid related restrictions. It’s really no different, except these are temporary. I dislike many of these things, but that doesn’t mean I get to join the rest of the minority who disagree with the measures and obstruct business and democratically elected government until I get my way. Or attempt to force the government to resign with illegal blockades and mob behaviour. :lol2:

Just like I don’t get to force the government to stop all logging of the tiny percentage of ancient growth forest we have left, just because I disagree with it going on. We should be managing forests with silviculture and sustainably logging second growth now imo. But my opinion there only becomes relevant when the majority agree and support this.

The hypocrisy on both sides here is unbelievable imo, but after all the rage and vitriol from Canadian conservatives about recent protests that affected the bottom line of corporations and people’s jobs, it’s sickening to watch them turn around and jump into the very same behaviour without batting an eyelash. Lol

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
No one is saying demonstrations and protests can’t happen. But shutting down trade routes, border crossings, businesses, etc because you’re having a little temper tantrum… unacceptable.

These same people all through the Harper era here in Canada, and through the Trump era in the US went on and on about how protestors to anything should be arrested or even beaten up by police and/or shot. They said the government was democratically elected so everyone has to follow it and if they don’t like it leave the country or win the next election… but now that the government isn’t the one they support they throw tantrum after tantrum.

Like masks? Because these are the same people that were protesting masks and every single other measure during this pandemic. The same people who were blocking ER entrances at hospitals earlier in the pandemic. They are demanding all measures to end. Measures that have widespread, majority support in this country, in the first place, and in the second are instituted by provincial governments, not federal. While i disagree with vaccine mandates and think it’s time some of the other restrictions are lifted, I understand that the parties who all support strong pandemic related measures received over ~60% of the vote in our election just months ago. Being forced to wear a cloth mask when inside businesses is not an infringement of your rights. Nor are businesses operating at reduced capacity for a time. We have fire related capacity restrictions for all businesses and public buildings. These are Covid related restrictions. It’s really no different, except these are temporary. I dislike many of these things, but that doesn’t mean I get to join the rest of the minority who agree and obstruct business and democratically elected government until I get my way. Or attempt to force the government to resign with illegal blockades and mob behaviour. :lol2:

Just like I don’t get to force the government to stop all logging of the tiny percentage of ancient growth forest we have left, just because I disagree with it going on. We should be managing forests with silviculture and sustainably logging second growth now imo. But my opinion there only becomes relevant when the majority agree and support this.

The hypocrisy on both sides here is unbelievable imo, but after all the rage and vitriol from Canadian conservatives about recent protests that affected the bottom line of corporations and people’s jobs, it’s sickening to watch them turn around and jump into the very same behaviour without batting an eyelash. Lol
I appreciate your efforts to show me why I am wrong but I remain unconvinced

Just joking. Good to hear a different perspective on this that isn't coming from the media or slimy politicians.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Newspaper article

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/321238

New study: 133x risk of myocarditis after COVID vaccination

Scientific article

Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US From December 2020 to August 2021

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2788346

------------------------------------------------------------

The scientific data shows that heart problems after vaccination are typical for younger people. Before having vaccine mandates/passports we need to examine those claims a lot better. Groups like the Canadian truckers have my respect for standing up against this non-sense.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Newspaper article

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/321238

New study: 133x risk of myocarditis after COVID vaccination

Scientific article

Myocarditis Cases Reported After mRNA-Based COVID-19 Vaccination in the US From December 2020 to August 2021

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2788346

------------------------------------------------------------

The scientific data shows that heart problems after vaccination are typical for younger people. Before having vaccine mandates/passports we need to examine those claims a lot better. Groups like the Canadian truckers have my respect for standing up against this non-sense.
Typical? The highest rate group in that study had 105 cases per million doses. C’mon. That’s not typical. Lol

“in adolescent males aged 16 to 17 years (105.86 [95% CI, 91.65-122.27] per million doses of the BNT162b2 vaccine)”

Also this, which seems it is nowhere near as dangerous as typical viral myocarditis and resolves without the same risk of death. At the time of review, 98% of those hospitalized had been released, 0 heart transplants needed, and 0 deaths recorded related to it. Compared to the 6% rate of heart transplant/death mentioned below for typical viral myocarditis.

“Cases of myocarditis reported after COVID-19 vaccination were typically diagnosed within days of vaccination, whereas cases of typical viral myocarditis can often have indolent courses with symptoms sometimes present for weeks to months after a trigger if the cause is ever identified.1 The major presenting symptoms appeared to resolve faster in cases of myocarditis after COVID-19 vaccination than in typical viral cases of myocarditis. Even though almost all individuals with cases of myocarditis were hospitalized and clinically monitored, they typically experienced symptomatic recovery after receiving only pain management. In contrast, typical viral cases of myocarditis can have a more variable clinical course. For example, up to 6% of typical viral myocarditis cases in adolescents require a heart transplant or result in mortality.27

The truckers are protesting every Covid measure, trying to force the resignation of a democratically elected government, and are a bunch of right wing assclowns who are despised by a large majority of this country. Respect? Get wrecked. They are a group of whiny petulant babies throwing a tantrum about not getting what they want. :lol:

And don’t bring the divisive politics crap. That’s all these idiots have done for a half dozen years here. Spew vitriol and bs at everyone who doesn’t agree with them about liberals being commies out to get them. They are right wing almost exclusively. Most of these fuckwits have been driving around with “fuck Trudeau” bumper stickers since long before Covid, and most of them were involved in the earlier retarded protests against mask mandates and other Covid measures that have worked very well here. These measures have broad and widespread support here.

So perhaps these babies who spent the Harper years telling everyone who didn’t agree with the Harper government’s policies that they should just leave Canada then because he was our elected Prime Minister, perhaps these idiots should take their own advice and sod off.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)