General News & Politics (25 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Arab culture preceded Islam.

I would argue the opposite, that Arab culture is what stopped Islam from going through a reformation akin to Christianity and Judaism (to a lesser extent). True that Islam compered to other religions is much more a pollical system in nature and therefore easier for rules to exploit in keeping civil progress/rights at bay. It's just easier to control people under the pretext of obeying God then do it by explicit force. It's just a perfect storm.

Again I'm not an advocate of Islam, I agree it's archaic and long, long overdue of modernizing. Maybe the current Shia-Sunny divide will end like the Christian reformation. from then onwards the Christian world became much more tolerant, internally and eventually to other religions.

To my point, force-forming of countries, especially post WW2, regardless of facts on the ground is what leads to this internal conflicts and collapses. The only remedies this countries have is to resort to totalitarian regimes to have any chance of keeping a façade of an independent country.

Look at African countries as evidence, same made up countries, same internal conflicts, same views on gay rights etc. Islam had nothing to do with it.
Again, Islam is not limited to the Arab world. Other Muslim-majority countries are also fucked up.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Again, Islam is not limited to the Arab world. Other Muslim-majority countries are also fucked up.
Some Christian countries in Africa and south America are also fucked.

Also Iran and Turkey which I assume you are referring to are failing because they have imperialist aspiration and are led by delusional leaders. Religion is a tool for them to manage the population, not the cause for the country failure.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Some Christian countries in Africa and south America are also fucked.

Also Iran and Turkey which I assume you are referring to are failing because they have imperialist aspiration and are led by delusional leaders. Religion is a tool for them to manage the population, not the cause for the country failure.
No, I am referring to every single Muslim country.

There are developed Christian countries. There isnt a single developed Muslim one.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
No, I am referring to every single Muslim country.

There are developed Christian countries. There isnt a single developed Muslim one.
Malaysia and Kazakhstan, Tunisia are quite developed, Kuwait, Qatar and Oman are also doing OK. Maybe none is "western" kind of progressive but people also have a right to live according to their own values.

Anyway, you are analyzing this thing with just a snapshot of the moment of history you live in. Iran and Turkey for example were (turkey still is) developed countries and always have been Muslim. If you go further back you will find more examples. Little less then millennia ago the Muslim world was far more advance then the western. Did it stagnate? sure, even regressed, but to reduce everything to Islam fault is overly simplistic.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Malaysia and Kazakhstan, Tunisia are quite developed, Kuwait, Qatar and Oman are also doing OK. Maybe none is "western" kind of progressive but people also have a right to live according to their own values.

Anyway, you are analyzing this thing with just a snapshot of the moment of history you live in. Iran and Turkey for example were (turkey still is) developed countries and always have been Muslim. If you go further back you will find more examples. Little less then millennia ago the Muslim world was far more advance then the western. Did it stagnate? sure, even regressed, but to reduce everything to Islam fault is overly simplistic.
Kazakhstan? :lol: :lol:

I am not "blaming it all on Islam", but it is definitely one of the main factors why these nations are behind.

Yes, Türkiye was doing fine, right up until the moment one of their politicians decided he wanted to stay in power forever and get crazy rich in the process.
How did he do that? Yep, you guessed it - used Islam to manipulate the masses.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Kazakhstan? :lol: :lol:

I am not "blaming it all on Islam", but it is definitely one of the main factors why these nations are behind.

Yes, Türkiye was doing fine, right up until the moment one of their politicians decided he wanted to stay in power forever and get crazy rich in the process.
How did he do that? Yep, you guessed it - used Islam to manipulate the masses.
Exactly my point, Islam is not the cause it's the tool.

And Kazakhstan is ranked around 50 on HDI, ahead of Russia and most Balkan countries.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Exactly my point, Islam is not the cause it's the tool.

And Kazakhstan is ranked around 50 on HDI, ahead of Russia and most Balkan countries.
Well what do you call a tool that ONLY does damage? I call it a cause.

Kazakhstan has huge territory with tonnes of resources and little population. But they have crippling corruption, dont have free elections or rule of law - I call that a failing state.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Well what do you call a tool that ONLY does damage? I call it a cause.

Kazakhstan has huge territory with tonnes of resources and little population. But they have crippling corruption, dont have free elections or rule of law - I call that a failing state.
If that's your standard then 60% of the world are failed states. Muslim or not. Not every place that has a flag can be a liberal democracy instantly if at all, some changes takes hundreds of year, most of Europe wasn't democratic less then a century ago.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
If that's your standard then 60% of the world are failed states. Muslim or not. Not every place that has a flag can be a liberal democracy instantly if at all, some changes takes hundreds of year, most of Europe wasn't democratic less then a century ago.
What do I care what was a century ago? Im talking about now, and now almost all muslim majority countries are under authoritarian rule, including my own. And all the population does is thank Allah for whatever their overlord decides to throw them :D

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
What do I care what was a century ago? Im talking about now, and now almost all muslim majority countries are under authoritarian rule, including my own. And all the population does is thank Allah for whatever their overlord decides to throw them :D
I get it man, I don't mean to be insensitive. I can imagen it's not easy and you want your country to be better, I understand you are emotionally invested. Where you from btw?

- - - Updated - - -

What in the name of copium is this lo

Cool, didn't see the first one, You should watch the sequel though . Much better production value

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I get it man, I don't mean to be insensitive. I can imagen it's not easy and you want your country to be better, I understand you are emotionally invested. Where you from btw?

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, didn't see the first one, You should watch the sequel though . Much better production value

Azerbaijan, bro.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Cool. Beside the authoritarian regime I though Azerbaijan was quite secular no?
Yes, it is the most secular Muslim-majority state I would say; and I am very very grateful for that at least.

The thing is that, even here all it takes is a little spark to wake fundamentalism, it is a real threat in every Muslim country unfortunately. That's why I keep saying Islam is the most dangerous religion.

With a religion where the concept of slavery is normal (even if only to Allah mostly), problems with the concept of freedom of every kind will always occur. It's a mentality issue.

Last edited:

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Yes, it is the most secular Muslim-majority state I would say; and I am very very grateful for that at least.

The thing is that, even here all it takes is a little spark to wake fundamentalism, it is a real threat in every Muslim country unfortunately. That's why I keep saying Islam is the most dangerous religion.

With a religion where the concept of slavery is normal (even if only to Allah mostly), problems with the concept of freedom of every kind will always occur. It's a mentality issue.
:tup:

I Don't disagree with you on that, of course Islam is the most dangerous religion currently, its factual. I only say that Islam isn't more inherently evil then Christianity or Judaism, it just didn't have an opportunity to be modernized or reformed because it serves too many regimes to oppress people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)